Malevolence in gc without cooldown

Prev13
I just played the gc and apparently the enemy malevolence does not have cooldown on its ultimate ability.

I didn’t see anything about it on the modifiers, so I think this is a bug.

Replies

• flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    he worked normal for me so far

if anything i notice his summoned droids have little to no HP
  • I tried twice with Chimera, Mal did ultimate first turn. TIE Adv, TIE Fighter, TIE Bomber start, with Interceptor and all imp ships (no scythe)

Tried one with Executor, normal BH start with Adv, Fighter and Int in reinforce. Mal did call assist special on turn 1, then ult on turn 2.

Both times summoned vultures had extremely low health, bar just divided in two.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Yep, same here. Just how did they manage to mess this up is beyond me.
  • - GL Red Five Luke
    - BB9-e
    - GL Saw Guerrera
    - Edrio Two-Tubes
  • Morgoth01
    493 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Yeah, something is messed up here.
    I half suspect the self-imposed breach you get reduce opposing Mal ult cooldown, crossing the wires with Exec mechanic. Basing this on nothing except thinking about existing code in the game to explain the behaviour…

I have had no issues winning, but can’t get the evade feat. Every fleet I can think of either wins too fast or can’t handle the early ult from Mal and goes belly-up.
  • This is some straight up ****
    #JediFactionRework2018
  • Lumiya
    1435 posts Member
    Same here, tried with different fleets. Profundity, Negotiator and Chimaera and it used it's Ultimate in it's first move.

I can win the fight with Profundity but the evade feat seems impossible because you have to drag out the fight but your ships have no protection and the buzz droids thanks to the second Hyena etc
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Lumiya wrote: »
    Same here, tried with different fleets. Profundity, Negotiator and Chimaera and it used it's Ultimate in it's first move.

I can win the fight with Profundity but the evade feat seems impossible because you have to drag out the fight but your ships have no protection and the buzz droids thanks to the second Hyena etc

How about third Hyena? That's even more fun.
  • My guess is the early ult is supposed to be offset by the low health spawns. Get IG-88 killed as fast as possible and it’s smooth sailing after that.
  • There have been rare occurrences where the enemy Malevolence uses its ultimate on turn three (Special Ability, reinforcement), which are the battles I'm usually able to win, however there are still issues.
    As noted, the summoned enemy Vulture Droid has basically no health. However, the summoned enemy Vulture Droid also grants no turn meter to the enemy Malevolence when it dies. The enemy Malevolence only has Hyena Bombers as reinforcements, which is weird even for Galactic Challenges. The enemy Malevolence's ultimate seems to return to normal after firing once however, which means that it's thankfully a one-and-done kind of ultimate
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Alijar1 wrote: »
    There have been rare occurrences where the enemy Malevolence uses its ultimate on turn three (Special Ability, reinforcement), which are the battles I'm usually able to win, however there are still issues.
    As noted, the summoned enemy Vulture Droid has basically no health. However, the summoned enemy Vulture Droid also grants no turn meter to the enemy Malevolence when it dies. The enemy Malevolence only has Hyena Bombers as reinforcements, which is weird even for Galactic Challenges. The enemy Malevolence's ultimate seems to return to normal after firing once however, which means that it's thankfully a one-and-done kind of ultimate

Which all means you can kill the spawns with impunity. Use aoe’s whenever you need to.
  • You disrespect users with this GC, people from Capital Games.
    No coldowns, no dodges without forecast, droids deflect
    Is this your way? Take the game for you, hope your lifes are as sad as this silly random game
    This game sucks
  • @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Tusken_Meathead can you guys tell your QA team to actually test things before they put them out. This is getting ridiculous.
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Tusken_Meathead can you guys tell your QA team to actually test things before they put them out. This is getting ridiculous.

Do you really think they are worried about users?
    They just do a regrettable job, if there is a bug is not their problem
    This game sucks
  • Yeah it’s just broken and bugged all the way through. Non target locked units are still calling assists. No buzz droids are present either but yet still plenty of assists. Whatever, I’ll keep trying to get box 8 somehow and write this off as another mess up by CG. Par is the course for them.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Tusken_Meathead can you guys tell your QA team to actually test things before they put them out. This is getting ridiculous.

I still don't understand why people think this is a bug?
  • Piece of cake with Scythe. Clearly the intended fleet is Executrix/Scythe since it just released.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Ruibarian wrote: »
    Piece of cake with Scythe. Clearly the intended fleet is Executrix/Scythe since it just released.

You got lucky. I've tried several times and still can't get the evasion.
  • StarSon wrote: »

Did you read anywhere "coldowns are reset"? No
    Missing information? Could be. In any case, mistake.
    This game sucks
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    LordI wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

So? It's a GC. The kits aren't always the same as player units.
  • I managed to get the evade feat with Scythe, Bomber, TFP.
    Hans Falcon first RI for more foresight, Interceptor as second. Possible palpmobile after that.
    Tarkin cap ship.
  • nomad1988 wrote: »

I just see where they reported it to the team - this isn't the same as admitting it's a bug. I definitely think it's bugged, but the answer you got doesn't confirm anything. Thanks for reporting it though - and thanks to the others that piled on with more screenshots and video.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • nomad1988
    92 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    @herd_nerfer true, I was getting ahead of myself. I guess all they admit is that the play is happening as we describe. Now for them to turn around and say it’s ‘working as intended’ with no explanation as to how lol.
  • nomad1988 wrote: »
    @herd_nerfer true, I was getting ahead of myself. I guess all they admit is that the play is happening as we describe. Now for them to turn around and say it’s ‘working as intended’ with no explanation as to how lol.

I'm not convinced they'd be able to get a fix in before the GC is over anyway. If it is bugged, I just hope they fix it for the next time it comes around. At the very least, they should describe what to expect with modifier text. Bugged or not, this was surely one of the more annoying GCs.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • I'd be shocked if they tried to fix it before it ends, and they've got form for not correcting them before they recur (think the rebel one which requires five ships not three for one of the feats as described). I just hope they haven't broken something global with Mal and its ult which affects other game modes down the line. Fortunately the difference between boxes 9 and 10 isn't that great, and this can be chalked up as just another sloppy GC to add to the list...
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    edited January 2023

You are assuming its not WAI...

Its a PvE battle, its likely working as intended
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    332 posts EA Community Manager
    The Team is looking into this
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    nomad1988 wrote: »

if they say it’s WAI the explanation is:
    LordI wrote: »

So? It's a GC. The kits aren't always the same as player units.

• nomad1988
    92 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    @Ultra - So are you assuming that there's something missing in the description of the modifiers? As it stands there's nothing there which allows for Malevolence to decrease its cooldowns in the descriptions given, so its ultimate should have a cooldown of 5 at the start of battle. If this is what they intended then it would be nice if they could at least let us know how it's happening. Working as intended is not the same as working as described.