Kyrotech Gear nerf???

Kyrotech gear is just to expensive… I’m farming for krrsantan, raddus, and parts of kyle, piett, and mara and just can’t find enough… maybe buff drops or nerf down to 20/25 for each peice?

Replies

• Kyro is supposed to be a pinch point. That's how CG wants it. The only way around it is to spend. If they were going to change this, I suspect they would have done it with the gear economy changes.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Yeah… but it with really high geared rosters, having 10-12 units that need 50 gear each is a bit much… Krrsantan and Raddus alone need 500 total gear prices for their upgrades… at that’s at the level I have them (raddus X, Krrsantan IX)
  • All of the new characters have this issue
  • Kyro is supposed to be a pinch point. That's how CG wants it. The only way around it is to spend. If they were going to change this, I suspect they would have done it with the gear economy changes.

Exactly this.

We only got some relief on carbs and guns because another pinch was put in place.

It seems fair to assume Kyros will only get alleviated if another gear piece is added.
  • Your biggest mistake is to simultaneously farm two entirely different squads, namely Jabba and Profundity.

Choose one and focus there, at least then you’ll have one more great team to use earlier. My suggestion is to prioritize profundity.
  • Dwinkelm wrote: »
    Your biggest mistake is to simultaneously farm two entirely different squads, namely Jabba and Profundity.

I have issues with sticking to that one lol… I need my BH ships to get up higher for the falcon (and JKLS consecutively), and then I’ll start actually doing jabba stuff… otherwise I have basically all the preqs done with (except for the newer units, I’m waiting for more shards per node, even though I could easily get a good headway…)
  • I have the discipline of a newborn puppy, I can’t focus or do anything without wanting to do something else Xd
  • MINI_S010 wrote: »
    Kyrotech gear is just to expensive… I’m farming for krrsantan, raddus, and parts of kyle, piett, and mara and just can’t find enough… maybe buff drops or nerf down to 20/25 for each peice?

If you farm squads simultaneously one should be legacy content that doesn’t require Kyros.
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    MINI_S010 wrote: »

If you farm squads simultaneously one should be legacy content that doesn’t require Kyros.

But they all require kyro for G13 so eventually you're going to end up robbing Vader to pay Maul. I don't disagree that it's a better way to go about it, rather than trying to gear two squads that all need kyro from G8 and up - but I don't think anyone would argue that the fastest way to gear a squad is to devote gear to only that squad until it's finished.

Also, I wanted to make my Vader/Maul joke, so thanks for the opportunity :smile:
  • MINI_S010
    32 posts Member
    edited January 2023

Also, I wanted to make my Vader/Maul joke, so thanks for the opportunity :smile:

I liked it 😄

And I’ll say it again simply to say it, I know that It’s better to farm up squads one at a time, but I just love all the units… I mean, when raddus came out I wanted him since I had an R5 Baze and Chirrut… two criminally underrated units, and I was using CLS with them at the time (I made a JKR hard counter with them), but Raddus just made them 10x better. Then Jabba came out, along with his units, and I also wanted him… I love but also hate the new content: love it for how fun and good it is use and play with/against, but hate how every new unit has to farm a gear piece that is only farmable in one node, has a “rare” drop chance, and is only farmed once per node… it turn a 400 energy auto-sim into only 4-9 gear pieces per, and my guild isn’t good enough to rely on the events to keep a positive influx on mk 2 and 3 tokens (we can’t even do the new TB yet…)

(Edited to show what I put after the quote… some weird possessed magic happened and hid my comment behind a quote trend)
    Post edited by MINI_S010 on
  • Olddumper wrote: »

But they all require kyro for G13 so eventually you're going to end up robbing Vader to pay Maul. I don't disagree that it's a better way to go about it, rather than trying to gear two squads that all need kyro from G8 and up - but I don't think anyone would argue that the fastest way to gear a squad is to devote gear to only that squad until it's finished.

Yeah but a 100 to relic a legacy character is a whole lot more palatable than 500 to relic newer one.
  • cboath7 wrote: »
    Olddumper wrote: »

Yeah but a 100 to relic a legacy character is a whole lot more palatable than 500 to relic newer one.

No argument there - I'm just not a fan of trying to work two squads at the same time. Super inefficient. It takes twice as long to gear all of them, so you rob yourself of half of that time with a squad that could be performing for you. People have different play styles though and that's fine. Not every choice I make for my farming strategy is necessarily the most efficient either.
  • I have a very low droprate on the kyros since december
  • I have a very low droprate on the kyros since december
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Nothing changed in December
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Nothing changed in December

The month did.
  • Pay or grind. Simple
  • Pay or grind. Simple

For as much pain I endure, I haven’t spent a cent… while ptp is a way about it, I’d rather have the satisfaction of watching something grow than have it at it’s max the second I get it.
    Pay or grind. Simple

For as much pain I endure, I haven’t spent a cent… while ptp is a way about it, I’d rather have the satisfaction of watching something grow than have it at it’s max the second I get it.

For sure. Nothing is worth it if you don’t earn it.
    Pay or grind. Simple

For sure. Nothing is worth it if you don’t earn it.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Lol
  • Get those Kyro Packs for 690 Crystals each. The chance at a 50 pull must not be too bad, since I've gone 4/6 the last six buys.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Screerider wrote: »
    Get those Kyro Packs for 690 Crystals each. The chance at a 50 pull must not be too bad, since I've gone 4/6 the last six buys.

It's 50%
  • They should put kyro everywhere ...
    The drop rate is ****, the price is outrageous and all of this made the game the most boring one ever ....
    I stoped spending because I won't 7 stars a toon I can't use blocked at g8 while they want R9 for their new TB where pieces are only available through CB ...
    Now, I get the kyros required as fast as the 5 tries per day to unlock a toon ...
    Boring....
  • TVF wrote: »
    Get those Kyro Packs for 690 Crystals each. The chance at a 50 pull must not be too bad, since I've gone 4/6 the last six buys.

It's 50%
    Wow! Such a great deal!
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

It's 50%
    Wow! Such a great deal!

It is, I don't know why you think otherwise. 50% chance at double value and at worst you get the same value (+10)
  • I think otherwise? I buy them every time I see them because it's awesome. I remember when they were 650 Crystals. Even better.
  • I just think that maybe putting some in ship nodes or hard battles is better than it is now… or just increasing the chances. 650 crystals is a buttered-danish amount of crystals that I won’t get without a week of saving… and also knowing my drop chances, I’ll spend 5,000 crystals and get 40 total pieces lol.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I think otherwise? I buy them every time I see them because it's awesome. I remember when they were 650 Crystals. Even better.

Dunno, that's how your posts read to me. Lots of exclamation points on the internet often implies sarcasm. My bad.
  • It was shock at the 50% chance. It just seemed too generous for CG..