Malevolence in gc without cooldown

Replies

• Ultra wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Tusken_Meathead can you guys tell your QA team to actually test things before they put them out. This is getting ridiculous.

You are assuming its not WAI...

Its a PvE battle, its likely working as intended

Is it though?

Usually when there’s some kind of change to a kit there’s an explanation in the event details. So it’s one of two things:

The event is bugged and the ultimate is off cooldown and the enemy units are also gaining the player modifier of assisting on target locks or for whatever reason even when TL or buzz droids aren’t present.

There’s a change to the kits via a modifier that was left out of the global or enemy modifier list/explanation explaining all this.

Either way CG messed up. I appreciate Meathead responding in here and trying to get information as to what the heck is going on.
    StarSon wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Tusken_Meathead can you guys tell your QA team to actually test things before they put them out. This is getting ridiculous.

I still don't understand why people think this is a bug?

See above. There’s no explanation as to why this is happening. Nothing in modifiers or in event details.
  • They always do wacky stuff with Galactic Challenges, I wouldn't be surprised if it was WAI. Try starting with profundity, Ghost, Phantom and then bring outrider and Y-Wing in from reinforcements. That got me the out of turn option, a couple in my guild got all four knocked out with this one fleet. (three imps can stay in reinforcements)
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    They always do wacky stuff with Galactic Challenges, I wouldn't be surprised if it was WAI. Try starting with profundity, Ghost, Phantom and then bring outrider and Y-Wing in from reinforcements. That got me the out of turn option, a couple in my guild got all four knocked out with this one fleet. (three imps can stay in reinforcements)

I agree they do, however there’s some kind of explanation via a modifier or event detail. If it was explained somewhere then this would be a none issue.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    They always do wacky stuff with Galactic Challenges, I wouldn't be surprised if it was WAI. Try starting with profundity, Ghost, Phantom and then bring outrider and Y-Wing in from reinforcements. That got me the out of turn option, a couple in my guild got all four knocked out with this one fleet. (three imps can stay in reinforcements)

I agree they do, however there’s some kind of explanation via a modifier or event detail. If it was explained somewhere then this would be a none issue.

Not sure why it isn't a non-issue anyway. It's just a GC. You learn super quick that Mal can use his ult right away. Much faster than by reading anything. I mean, I have literally never read a GC modifier or explanation. I check the feats list and then battle.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    edited January 2023
    If the PvE Malevolence ultimate doesn't start on cooldown, you don't need a modifier to say that

Either way, its making a mountain out of the molehill, lets say they update the in-game text to say "Ultimate will be available turn one btw fyi not a bug stop complaining"

How does that make any difference in your attempts at completing the GC?
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

Is it though?

Usually when there’s some kind of change to a kit there’s an explanation in the event details. So it’s one of two things:

PvE and PvP kits are different, like the B2 droids in Geo TB have stacks of droid battalion and there is no modifiers for that change

the Dark Side campaign nodes, you will find Hoth Luke (CLS) with a different kit than the player obtainable version of CLS

When characters get buffed or new abilities or zetas or omicrons, those PvE units are not updated either

Not sure why its difficult to understand that PvE units might have different kits with no explanation other than to make an event easier or more difficult

Even if CG says this is bugged, in the future, PvE units might function differently and no explanation is needed other than game balancing / difficulty adjustment purposes
  • Except that in TB they have long explanations of how toons work, ESPECIALLY if they are PvE versions of other toons. Your example of B2 actually makes our point. They describe the droid battalion change for the version seen in GeoTB. Normally you’re on the money Ultra but I’m a bit disappointed by your response to this issue. In previous GCs the units have worked like their PvP companions if they exist, subject to modifiers described in event. If they wanted Mals ultimate to start on cool-down, or be reduced by a mechanic that’s not an issue, they just needed to communicate it somewhere.

Is it though?

PvE and PvP kits are different, like the B2 droids in Geo TB have stacks of droid battalion and there is no modifiers for that change

the Dark Side campaign nodes, you will find Hoth Luke (CLS) with a different kit than the player obtainable version of CLS

When characters get buffed or new abilities or zetas or omicrons, those PvE units are not updated either

Not sure why its difficult to understand that PvE units might have different kits with no explanation other than to make an event easier or more difficult

Even if CG says this is bugged, in the future, PvE units might function differently and no explanation is needed other than game balancing / difficulty adjustment purposes

All the examples you listed have explanations in either the event details, modifiers or in game kit descriptions.

People are having the issue with not knowing if this is an unintended bug, or if it’s WAI why it isn’t listed. You keep forgetting that either way, it sets a precedent for future events. Players deserve to know what they’re going against. It’s not just Mal’s ultimate but why are the enemy units assisting without any buzz droids? No target locks. So players now go from getting explanations in the event to going in blind and not knowing what’s happening? What stops that from expanding beyond GC’s and into conquest or GL farms where we lose energy or tickets and other resources?

It’s stopping a problem before it snowballs into a bigger issue. Don’t condescend to players wanting to know if it’s a bug or WAI; and if it’s WAI why there’s not any kind of explanation on the event anywhere.
  • StarSon wrote: »

Not sure why it isn't a non-issue anyway. It's just a GC. You learn super quick that Mal can use his ult right away. Much faster than by reading anything. I mean, I have literally never read a GC modifier or explanation. I check the feats list and then battle.

Why are the enemy units randomly assisting without buzz droids? Can you explain if it’s a bug or what instance of battle causes the random assists if there’s no explanation?
  • “ Ultimate will be available turn one btw fyi not a bug stop complaining”

If this is literally the text they use in the modifier then fair play to them. Just as long as they include the information
  • nomad1988 wrote: »
    “ Ultimate will be available turn one btw fyi not a bug stop complaining”

If this is literally the text they use in the modifier then fair play to them. Just as long as they include the information

👆
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member

Why are the enemy units randomly assisting without buzz droids? Can you explain if it’s a bug or what instance of battle causes the random assists if there’s no explanation?

No, I cannot explain. Nor do I think it matters that much in this case. It's just a GC.

Even if they come back and tell us it's a bug, they'll likely never fix it (looking at you, "complete the battle using 3 Rebel ships).
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

No, I cannot explain. Nor do I think it matters that much in this case. It's just a GC.

Even if they come back and tell us it's a bug, they'll likely never fix it (looking at you, "complete the battle using 3 Rebel ships).

Yeah, they'll just fix it for the next GC run with malevolence AI at best

Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

They might just forget to fix it like with the feat that requires 5 Rebels instead of 3.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

Well, let's not get ahead of ourselves.

They might just forget to fix it like with the feat that requires 5 Rebels instead of 3.

"At best"

i have low expectations for it to be fixed by next pass tbh
  • If only they had a way to test events before they released them to players...
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    If only they had a way to test events before they released them to players...

Why? If there's a bug, players will defend them and excuse them anyway. No need to test.
  • Well, it adds to the Challenge, at least.
  • Screerider wrote: »
    Well, it adds to the Challenge, at least.

That's it. Why let it bother me.

It is what it is.
  • It’s a challenge for the players and a challenge for CG to deploy functioning code without testing.
  • The Team is looking into this

Just curious if the team came to any conclusion on this. I think I've got what I'm going to get as far as rewards, and that's fine - but I'm interested to know if this is WAI, and if so, will there be updated modifier text the next time it comes around?
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    It's just amusing how the game can break. There are multiple instances of Malevolence in PvE, but suddenly, for some reason, the ultimate is off cooldown and the summons have 2 HP. Like, how do you accidentally do that?
  • Joebo720
    646 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    It's doable. Though it does take a few tries. Tark cap with Vader, Tie Bomber, Tie in starting group. Bring in Scythe first and use middle ability. Get two extra tie fighters up. Then bring in han and you have 5 ships with foresight on them. Pretty sure the no cd is working as intended.

Not sure if there'll be another Ships GC with Malevolence. Think it was used here because it's the only Droid Capital Ship.
    Hello there.
  • Screerider wrote: »
    Well, it adds to the Challenge, at least.

Malevolence Ultimate being used immediately is practically unfair due to the fact it permanently strips ships from all protection and denies them Protection Up...for the rest of the match.

Finalizer's Ultimate being available at the start of the round I would find excusable. If how I'm interpreting it is correct, you'll have to use it several times, then it becomes a massive threat afterwards.
    Hello there.
  • Would assume the reason they removed the CD of the ultimate is because otherwise you could sit behind HT and trivialize the feats. Only thing i questions is the counters with target lock and some weird buzz droid interaction or lack their of.
  • If it's a bug, I doubt a fix will be deployed before the GC ends. They could in theory either extend the GC or provide some sort of compensation (due to some players now being unable to obtain the semi-rare items in the Reward Crates), but a) number 1 would delay a small amount of events (unless they run concurrently) and b) number 2 is unlikely, especially due to the fact that this isn't anything that forces players to reboot the game like the fleet battles freezing from a few months back.
    Hello there.
  • Joebo720 wrote: »
    It's doable. Though it does take a few tries. Tark cap with Vader, Tie Bomber, Tie in starting group. Bring in Scythe first and use middle ability.
    Oh... another Scythe-gate.

• StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Screerider wrote: »
    Joebo720 wrote: »
    It's doable. Though it does take a few tries. Tark cap with Vader, Tie Bomber, Tie in starting group. Bring in Scythe first and use middle ability.

I imagine the point of the GC was to get people to use Scythe. But it's clearly not the only thing that works. Unfortunately, it's more RNG than usual, made worse by the Mal ult.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Screerider wrote: »
    Joebo720 wrote: »

Not really. I did it with Executor, RC, XB and TIE bomber as starting ships, reinforce with HT after the premature ult, then I think TIE fighter and Vader for the feat. Definitely not Scythe. And screw the dodge feat, that one is annoying even with characters when you can consistently get foresight.