Kit Reveal: TIE Defender + QA Form

2Next

Replies

• flux_rono wrote: »
    how do we know this is a galactic chase unlock? I'm not seeing it mentioned anywhere unless I'm blind

It is listed above the ships name on the graphic.
  • I would like an explanation on why Iden is piloting a Tie Defender and why the Tie Defender has zero synergy with Chimera? Thrawn literally designed these fighters himself.
  • I would like an explanation on why Iden is piloting a Tie Defender and why the Tie Defender has zero synergy with Chimera? Thrawn literally designed these fighters himself.

Same reason we can have multiple of the same characters and use them together to fight characters that existed thousands of years before them. This is just a game.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Love the call backs to TIE Fighter! One of the best games in Star Wars gaming history, excited to make this part of the fleet.
    my ideal fleet will be TIE Interceptor, TIE Defender, TIE Bomber, TIE Bomber, and TIE Reaper with Executrix or Executor. The proper Star Wars: Squadrons empire build
  • They should just flip Chimaera and Executrix ults! Keep the names/tags/other abilities/uniques etc...so the new synergy sticks but it would make more sense lore wise while keeping the intended functionality. If Thrawn wanted a tie swarm, switch with Tarkins tie swarm. If Tarkin wanted Death Star, switch with Thrawns instakill.
  • I know a bunch have said it but honestly I'd be happier with this if it was Iden's TIE. It's weird the Defender has no synergy with Thrawn, It's strange to go out of your way to make this count as a TIE Fighter after choosing to NOT make it Iden's and this just feels like losing out on two more fully fleshed out ships just to have a single mashup that kind of fits.
  • Very cool looking ship. Regarding the missing Thrawn synergy.... Could be worse. Rose Tico could be pilot. Oh wait, thats already happened...
    Dred Zeppelin aka DrZeppersTTV Come visit DrZeppers on twitch
  • What type of energy will be needed? And when is the event?
  • Dak_Arno wrote: »
    It was around years before the Tie Fighter game. Can't even get the damned origins right.

Wrong, the TIE Defender was created and debuted on the first Expansion pack for TIE Fighter, titled Defender of the Empire.

• What type of energy will be needed? And when is the event?

Judging from Resistance Bomber and Tie Echelon, probably Fleet (I hope it's not; I haven't managed to stockpile my Fleet Energy back to 4 digits after blowing it all on Bonus Han Shards a month ago). It's just my guess and it's possible they'll go for other nodes.

Wonder how many Shards are needed for unlock. If it's 25, I could potentially get it to at least 4-stars within a few days. 5-stars if I'm lucky.
    Hello there.
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Dianora wrote: »
    And there's no IF the enemy targets Scythe..they always go for Scythe as it's hard coded.

Appreciate the speed update. Definitely not hard-coded to target Scythe, though.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3evAPKRV-M
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4Ox5rvAfDI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfhvZyaLmeo

First two the Vulture Droid basics a summoned TIE Fighter, in the third it basics Gauntlet and those all ended in wins.

Compare to https://youtu.be/cNBvWc03ErI?t=1105 where Vulture Droid Buzz Droids Scythe and it's a quick loss.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Foresight every turn with all those bonuses on evade? This is going to be a pain to fight against, especially with Scythe to mark it as well. Not looking forward to seeing it in GAC at all...
  • Oh boy, a 4-star unlock. Wonder if the Galactic Chase will run long enough so I can get the 80 Blueprints necessary.
    Hello there.
  • From the SWGoH Events discord:

EVENT_TIE_DEFENDER_SUMMARY
    The TIE Defender has arrived!

For a limited time, TIE Defender blueprints are available as bonus rewards on all Fleet Battle nodes. Head over and start earning blueprints for this powerful Imperial Attacker! During this event, TIE Defender blueprint's drop rate on each node has been scaled to Ship Energy.

Fleet Battles are rewarding bonus drops from 1/27 through 2/2.
  • From the SWGoH Events discord:

EVENT_TIE_DEFENDER_SUMMARY
    The TIE Defender has arrived!

For a limited time, TIE Defender blueprints are available as bonus rewards on all Fleet Battle nodes. Head over and start earning blueprints for this powerful Imperial Attacker! During this event, TIE Defender blueprint's drop rate on each node has been scaled to Ship Energy.

Fleet Battles are rewarding bonus drops from 1/27 through 2/2.

You sir deserve more likes!
  • Just want to agree that LS Iden with her custom TIE (maybe given a new paint job?) would be fantastic.
  • Just want to agree that LS Iden with her custom TIE (maybe given a new paint job?) would be fantastic.

20fn3dvcpzhe.jpg

How about Sabine's TIE Fighter?
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    I loved that episode. Seeing a TIE painted up like that was epic.

PS: I'm not sure on Iden's timeline. When was she active? Seems like it would have been slightly pre-Rebels, though that doesn't mean she couldn't still be around (her LS, post-defection version) during the Rebels era).
  • I loved that episode. Seeing a TIE painted up like that was epic.

PS: I'm not sure on Iden's timeline. When was she active? Seems like it would have been slightly pre-Rebels, though that doesn't mean she couldn't still be around (her LS, post-defection version) during the Rebels era).

idens timeline is directly after ep 6, but if not, it's episode 4. I just remember watching some gameplay and know that she sees a death star blow up.
  • Yep, she is around during Episode 6 and after.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Schwartzring
    1402 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Ultra wrote: »
    offense is the best defense
    True, but the really missed the opportunity to make a 2nd Tank here.
    Shields & Evasive Movement in canon!
    Guns aside, that should have made for a solid tank.
    Worse, they have a ship for Iden in canon as mentioned above & could have released 2 ships back to back & made this one crewless.
    This one could have been a tank for Chimera while Bomber was the tank for the Trix.

• Great ship, thanks for adding it to the game!