Don't change Traya's omicron

Prev13
As the title says, don't do it. Roll back your decision and don't touch it. It doesn't need to be changed. Traya is a raid character and should be strong.

Replies

• i think it really depends how they nerf it. she could still be strong afterwards but not be as versatile.
  • Too late
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Crazy idea, test stuff before you release it
  • Cheaper for us to do it
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Lately this game is giving us only disappointment after disappointment… we had to live for months with that datacron that made LV unbeatable in all modes (TW, GAC and arena), but when it comes to taking a regular team and turning it a competitive one only on GAC they come with that “it’s not working as we intended to”.
  • How about give people a reason to save LV for offense because he is easily countered. It's only fair since CG has given LV a DC buff in every single DC that has come out. It's like they want him to be a defensive problem
  • Lumiya
    1435 posts Member
    Well at least they are giving the materials back. That's more than they did after QGJ's Omi nerf...
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • CrispyFett wrote: »
    it's ridiculous. they're not going to refund the relic mats I spent further upgrading Traya and the other 2 though. ****. they couldn't forsee this based on her kit? doesn't take a genius

Most of us couldnt foresee this until Ahnaldt and alike made videos about it.
  • I_JnK_I wrote: »
    CrispyFett wrote: »
    it's ridiculous. they're not going to refund the relic mats I spent further upgrading Traya and the other 2 though. ****. they couldn't forsee this based on her kit? doesn't take a genius

Really? who's "most of us"? it's pretty obvious when reading the description of her omicron how it will interact with a character who inflicts numerous debuffs.
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Hmm, and now, I am sure, they are going to investigate wampa soloing SEE and nerf it...
    Oh, wait...
  • I'm ok with nerf preventing LV killing, but I hope she could be at Malgus/Starkiller level with her omicron.
  • Ratinira wrote: »
    Hmm, and now, I am sure, they are going to investigate wampa soloing SEE and nerf it...
    Oh, wait...

It's the easiest thing in the world to make a SEE Wampa proof.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg

Some people didn’t foresee that; that doesn’t make them stupid.
    Other people didn’t foresee that a nerf was incoming because an omicron is not supposed to change a raid character into a GL killing machine, based on the tier list that CG gave us; that doesn’t make them stupid neither.
    I_JnK_I wrote: »

Really? who's "most of us"? it's pretty obvious when reading the description of her omicron how it will interact with a character who inflicts numerous debuffs.

Its pretty obvious that the character/omicron is never designed to beat legends, yet here we are.
  • CG does everything right. There is no need for players to defeat legends with the help of old characters. Let them buy new ones and defeat the legends.
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member
    edited January 2023

Its pretty obvious that the character/omicron is never designed to beat legends, yet here we are.

But they were ;)
    f3b8vu0t5axn.png

Road Ahead: October 2021
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Ratinira wrote: »

But they were ;)
    f3b8vu0t5axn.png

You forgot to circle "on rare occasions".

Edit: They published this after the Road Ahead to clarify things:

Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes Power Tiers:

Marquee/Galactic Chase - ex. Second Sister, Iden Versio
    Journey Guide, Conquest Units - ex. Jedi Knight Revan, Commander Luke Skywalker
    Galactic Legends - ex. Supreme Leader Kylo Ren, Rey
    Galactic Legends with Conquest Counterpart - ex. Jedi Master Kenobi with Commander Ahsoka Tano

NOTE: This list assumes squad compositions are highly synergistic and have comparable mods. This may not always be the case in practice and, if so, is not a balance issue. For example, a Galactic Legend with weak mods and in a non-ideal squad may potentially be challenged by a well modded and highly synergistic squad from the lower tiers.

Wait! Why is there no mention of Omicroned units in the above list? Omicrons boost the power of a unit. Adding an Omicron will move a unit up around a tier on the scale above, which means their final power varies based on the type of character. So where do they sit on the power scale? Marquee units with Omicrons get lifted up to somewhere between the level of a Journey Guide or Conquest unit, while a character like Starkiller (Journey Guide) or Boba Fett, Scion of Jango (Conquest) can rival a Galactic Legend in their specific mode with the right squad.

So taking into account exactly what was written by developers, the Traya Omi shouldn't make her able to rival a GL with Conquest lifter, as LV+Maul.

Still, the "Journey guide" is very broad for just one tier of power, from Palpatine/Han Solo to GAS/Reva, and I'm not sure they would allow an omi on a low Tier Journey character challenge a GL, even without Conquest lifter. I guess it would depend on the squad that goes with it.
    Post edited by Starslayer on
  • Joebo720
    646 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    While i am not a fan of the nerf i really don't see why they are doing it. Can already counter LV with BH's and don't even need to spend an omi. Doesn't make a ton of sense.

But they were ;)
    f3b8vu0t5axn.png

For rare occasions such as starkiller yes, not for lower tier units
  • I_JnK_I wrote: »

But they were ;)
    f3b8vu0t5axn.png

For rare occasions such as starkiller yes, not for lower tier units

In answer to "designed or not" rarety does not matter
    Yes, rare occasions like Malgus, Starkiller, GI, Wampa, Dr. Ahpra as I heard...
    BH without any omi is, probably, a rare occasion too...
    But this one is not rare enough I see
  • Did I really put the omicron on her to be nerfed a few weeks later...?
  • Starslayer wrote: »

But they were ;)
    f3b8vu0t5axn.png

Galactic Legends with Conquest Counterpart - ex. Jedi Master Kenobi with Commander Ahsoka Tano

NOTE: This list assumes squad compositions are highly synergistic and have comparable mods. This may not always be the case in practice and, if so, is not a balance issue. For example, a Galactic Legend with weak mods and in a non-ideal squad may potentially be challenged by a well modded and highly synergistic squad from the lower tiers.

Wait! Why is there no mention of Omicroned units in the above list? Omicrons boost the power of a unit. Adding an Omicron will move a unit up around a tier on the scale above, which means their final power varies based on the type of character. So where do they sit on the power scale? Marquee units with Omicrons get lifted up to somewhere between the level of a Journey Guide or Conquest unit, while a character like Starkiller (Journey Guide) or Boba Fett, Scion of Jango (Conquest) can rival a Galactic Legend in their specific mode with the right squad.

So taking into account exactly what was written by developers, the Traya Omi shouldn't make her able to rival a GL with Conquest lifter, as LV+Maul.

Still, the "Journey guide" is very broad for just one tier of power, from Palpatine/Han Solo to GAS/Reva, and I'm not sure they would allow an omi on a low Tier Journey character challenge a GL, even without Conquest lifter. I guess it would depend on the squad that goes with it.

don't forget the first part they also said:
    To get everyone on the same page, let’s begin with how all the different types of units fit together and lay out the current hierarchy of power. To be clear, this certainly does not hold universally true for all units but is a rough rubric we can use to discuss this topic in more detail. There are many exceptions to the rules (in the name of fun and interesting gameplay) that exist but overall this is a good snapshot of how we approach power.

so with the main part of exceptions, I think traya should fall into it, mainly because it doesn't change what she did before really in LVs case. before she was able to challenge LV just not win, and now she can win. Couldn't that fall into the interesting gameplay area, that turns the GLs main attack and power into their weakness to fully defeat them in a single mode?

to show the point this video from 2021, shows traya "beating" everyone on a LV team including the lifter, just not killing LV himself, the omi is mainly changing one part, winning.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2K88hrZcvfU&ab_channel=Varden
  • That video is exactly why CG should have known this could happen. If CG was even remotely present in the community, they'd know that Traya had already been used to kill all but LV. And with exceptional mods and high relics, some were even able to eke out a win every now and then.

So, if CG didn't want Traya to counter any GLs with her omi, they should have at least tested it against the GLs she was already close to beating. Or maybe throw it up against the most common of each GL comp to see how it does.

I think it's perfectly reasonable that CG doesn't think Traya should counter GLs, even with her omi. But it's not excusable that they weren't prepared for what their omi did in the wild.
  • Starslayer wrote: »

But they were ;)
    f3b8vu0t5axn.png

Traya perfectly fits in this clarification: she is a Jurney Guide character and they "can rival a Galactic Legend in their specific mode with the right squad".
    She is from JG? Yes
    In specific mode? Yes
    With right squad? Yes

100% what devs said :#
  • Maybe we're reading the room differently. Because of the refund, I haven't seen many reaching for their pitchforks. It's mostly annoyance and disappointment.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Maybe we're reading the room differently. Because of the refund, I haven't seen many reaching for their pitchforks. It's mostly annoyance and disappointment.

You're probably right, I'm overreacting. No sarcasm. Ironic though.
    Starslayer wrote: »

But they were ;)
    f3b8vu0t5axn.png

Traya perfectly fits in this clarification: she is a Jurney Guide character and they "can rival a Galactic Legend in their specific mode with the right squad".
    She is from JG? Yes
    In specific mode? Yes
    With right squad? Yes

100% what devs said :#

Re-post because auto-moderation ate my homework: there are 2 GL tier levels: GL and GL+conquest. Omi bumps you one level, not two.
    Now, these are rough guidelines and Traya able to beat LV+Maul wouldn't be completely out of line. But nerfing her isn't out of line neither, as Omi bumped her 2 tier levels.
  • Sigh….the only silver lining is they’re not being totally ridiculous and are refunding the materials.

As far as their inability to see her kit interaction happening with LV is inexcusable really. Test your game CG. Don’t make your players test it for you. This isn’t some random interaction that couldn’t have been seen. It’s literally just playing against LV with her omi activated. Do better CG. This is just disappointing beyond belief.
  • Is the damage cap fix the only change?