The Prices in this Game

Is there anyone else who would be willing to buy things with real money in this game if the prices weren't as high as they are? I could easily find myself shelling out a few bucks every now and then for some gear had the prices been a lot more reasonable. But for some reason, a pack that should only cost $5 in my opinion costs $30 instead.

Replies

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I'm sure they've done their research on price points.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

Considering they seemingly don’t test their game, don’t have plans for handling cheaters and for much of its existence has not had any idea how to communicate with players, I’m not confident that they have done any research on any aspect of this game.

Not suggesting they’ll change or should change, just based on what I’ve seen, they often seem clueless, so having an expectation that they had a real business plan with pricing research, feels off to me.
  • The people doing research on price points are not the same that would test the code, game balance, or investigate cheaters. If there's one thing I trust EA to do right, it's maximize returns for their shareholders.
  • zatchy wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Considering they seemingly don’t test their game, don’t have plans for handling cheaters and for much of its existence has not had any idea how to communicate with players, I’m not confident that they have done any research on any aspect of this game.

Not suggesting they’ll change or should change, just based on what I’ve seen, they often seem clueless, so having an expectation that they had a real business plan with pricing research, feels off to me.

To Ragnarok's point:
    Testing does not make them money.
    Handling cheaters does not make them money.
    Communicating with players does not make them money.

I'd wager CG has a pretty good grasp on maximizing profit with a 7+ yr old mobile game that has brought in a couple billion dollars. I wish their packs were cheaper too, but to entertain the notion that they don't do research on price points/advertising, etc....is not a good assumption to make.
  • The people doing research on price points are not the same that would test the code, game balance, or investigate cheaters. If there's one thing I trust EA to do right, it's maximize returns for their shareholders.

That’s why players shouldn’t forget the golden rule: if you want to buy something from the store, buy a EA share first.