Don't change Traya's omicron

Replies

• Alexander_St_Kitts
    41 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    You'd sure think so based on the patch notes that say "here are all the changes", but in game, it also doesn't work if there's an opposing DS GL
    Post edited by Alexander_St_Kitts on
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    You'd sure thing so based on the patch notes that say "here are all the changes", but in game, it also doesn't work if there's an opposing DS GL

Yet another excellent example of CG's wonder communication skills :joy:
  • @CG_Tusken_Meathead you need to fix the patch notes to show Traya Omicron no longer works against DS GLs, or better yet remove that from the game if the issue had actually been a bug with the omicron. That's really makes changing it stupid
  • Man, why not just put "when no GL" on all the omis that aren't supposed to counter GLs? I'm not trying to be snarky. If they are hell bent on certain things not working against GLs, just make it so and save everyone a bunch of time.
  • Man, why not just put "when no GL" on all the omis that aren't supposed to counter GLs? I'm not trying to be snarky. If they are hell bent on certain things not working against GLs, just make it so and save everyone a bunch of time.

They really shouldn't have added it, fixing the crit scaling likely solves the "problem". But my guess is so you can use Traya on malgus defense and maybe hold against lower jml, and not have the same disadvantage as qgj omi
  • "Traya Unique Omicron now properly caps at 100% instead of 500%"

@CG_Tusken_Meathead
    nope, try again
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • At least it still works against GL's.
    Once a Jedi, always a Jedi. Wait... never mind.
  • Gurken wrote: »
    Man, why not just put "when no GL" on all the omis that aren't supposed to counter GLs? I'm not trying to be snarky. If they are hell bent on certain things not working against GLs, just make it so and save everyone a bunch of time.

They really shouldn't have added it, fixing the crit scaling likely solves the "problem". But my guess is so you can use Traya on malgus defense and maybe hold against lower jml, and not have the same disadvantage as qgj omi

In 3v3, it looks like it was pretty sketchy vs Malgus, especially the better comps. Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Man, why not just put "when no GL" on all the omis that aren't supposed to counter GLs? I'm not trying to be snarky. If they are hell bent on certain things not working against GLs, just make it so and save everyone a bunch of time.

In 3v3, it looks like it was pretty sketchy vs Malgus, especially the better comps. Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Vs malgus, you'll certainly want to go nihilus lead (unless they have Malak) and hope you get the annihilate before you're stuck in the doubt CD loop
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    At least it still works against GL's.

As long as the GL is an LS GL, anyway.
    Gurken wrote: »

Vs malgus, you'll certainly want to go nihilus lead (unless they have Malak) and hope you get the annihilate before you're stuck in the doubt CD loop

3v3 history for Nihilus lead is also not encouraging :(
  • And no LS GLs inflict enough debuffs for the omi to really shine
    Gurken wrote: »

3v3 history for Nihilus lead is also not encouraging :(

Yah, I used it against maglus, talon, marauder, and it basically is can you actually get the annihilate on maglus, if not, you'll probably time out. The benefit of nihilus lead is that being only health, getting the 90% health threshold is easier before you get stuck with doubt. Timed out against against that team with Traya lead
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

lol i found it funny too

Might as well say "Against Lord Vader" and be done with it if you aren't going to have GL general omission
    And no LS GLs inflict enough debuffs for the omi to really shine

yet..
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • But if a future one does, Traya can expect to get hit by another nerf hammer.
  • CrispyFett wrote: »
    it's ridiculous. they're not going to refund the relic mats I spent further upgrading Traya and the other 2 though. ****. they couldn't forsee this based on her kit? doesn't take a genius

Request for a refund for money you spend on the game via google play or apple store. They did the old bait and switch for this and also for QGJ. People invested gear and omicrons to beat LV. bh still beat him easily
  • Don't worry, we can still use Traya against JMK CAT teams right? He's an LS GL and she works so well against him...
  • Ratinira
    412 posts Member
    edited January 2023

I think they themselves dont know what is supposed and what is not...
    And they nerfed Traya only because there was a lot of noise
  • I'm curious what Traya's omicron will allow her to do post nerf that she couldn't already do without it.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    I'm curious what Traya's omicron will allow her to do post nerf that she couldn't already do without it.

Nothing?

They fixed two bugs that benefited her and they deactivated the omi against DS GLs.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I'm definitely going to wait now before putting it back on her. As of now, I don't see a reason to. I guess at least we're getting the omi mats refunded
  • I wondered the same thing. All I've gotten from replies is a boost for G12 trio punching up, some risky counters (GAS, Malgus), potentially JML in 5v5, and snark.
  • Jakdnels wrote: »
    I'm curious what Traya's omicron will allow her to do post nerf that she couldn't already do without it.

It’ll still allow you to soft counter LV like before. They’re deactivating her omi against DS GL’s and made it so you aren’t getting too much offense boost now.

So all they did was overreact and tune back her effectiveness against LV and any DS GL
  • CaesarAM
    246 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Lots of talk on here about Traya omicron being blocked against GLs. But I’m not seeing that anywhere in game or forums. Is this actually confirmed?

**Nevermind…found it. But have they said officially when/if a refund is coming?
  • CaesarAM wrote: »
    Lots of talk on here about Traya omicron being blocked against GLs. But I’m not seeing that anywhere in game or forums. Is this actually confirmed?

**Nevermind…found it. But have they said officially when/if a refund is coming?

They said 'For those of you who have Upgraded Traya's Unique Omicron, you will be receiving those materials back through an inbox message next week during one of our server updates.'
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

It’ll still allow you to soft counter LV like before. They’re deactivating her omi against DS GL’s and made it so you aren’t getting too much offense boost now.

So all they did was overreact and tune back her effectiveness against LV and any DS GL

Can you expand on how it'll still soft counter LV? and before what... before the nerf or before she got the omicron in the first place?
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Can you expand on how it'll still soft counter LV? and before what... before the nerf or before she got the omicron in the first place?

Before she got the omicron in the first place. Traya has always been a likely 2-hit with an outside chance to win.
  • StarSon wrote: »

Before she got the omicron in the first place. Traya has always been a likely 2-hit with an outside chance to win.

Thanks, that's kinda what I thought too. Even running an omicron Traya with LV vs LV to boost your chances doesn't work with this kind of nerf.

@Ravens1113 My question was what could she do with the omicron that she couldn't do without it...
  • Jakdnels wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

Thanks, that's kinda what I thought too. Even running an omicron Traya with LV vs LV to boost your chances doesn't work with this kind of nerf.

Ravens1113 My question was what could she do with the omicron that she couldn't do without it...

Before the nerf it made it possible to one shot Vader and utilize a DN lead for the 10% health reduction to reset all cool downs to make battles like GAS, DR, Malgus, and other lower meta level tiers more consistent.