When will CG start taking cheating seriously again?

Replies

• Lumiya
    1431 posts Member
    To add, I absolutely agree with your last paragraph 🙂
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Screerider wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    With that said I don't really know what the point of that post is, we all know cheaters are cheating.
    With people saying they face a cheater every GAC, it just got me wondering why I haven't. Perhaps it does depend on where you are in the game, but, I mean, I also started at the bottom, so...

Yeah, I think it does depend a lot on where you are in the game, at least when it comes to the more obvious stuff. Newer players may encounter more cheaters as it's somewhat of a lower risk there (as in you don't really lose out on much because your account is new anyway as Ultra said). I'm a launch player and have encountered maybe around 10 cheaters (playing 2 accounts + all game modes included), and most were in the earlier days. That's obviously just cheaters that I know of. I'm almost 100% sure I've encountered cheaters without knowing or suspecting they might be a cheater. If they are smart about it then it's almost impossible to find out. But considering I only encountered like 10 obvious enough cheaters since launch, I can see how some people view it as sceptical when others say they encounter a cheater "almost every GAC" (or other similar stuff). If cheating is as rampant as some people say, how come people like you, me, TVF, DarjeloSalas etc. never or barely encountered any in all those years? Are we just lucky? Or does the cheating happen mostly at lower ranks/lower GP?

• Lumiya wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    Screerider wrote: »
    How would me posting that as a comment be relevant to the discussion? Either I'd be a pointless distraction or I'd be insinuating something. The former is troll-y and the latter insinuates something ridiculous since there very clearly are a non-negligible amount of cheaters out there.
    Or, it's just one's personal experience with cheaters in the game. Don't get all dramatic.

I think it's interesting that normally people are pretty fast (rightfully) called out for anecdotal evidence when they base their opinion or assumptions only on their own experiences and yet now all of a sudden it's just being dramatic when it gets called out.
    I’m not sure I follow your position on this. Why can’t people provide anecdotal statements on the prevalence of cheating? If I’ve never faced one in 6.75 years of playing, why is that any less valid than someone saying they have faced a cheat?

Nobody could dispute that there are cheaters. The first post in this thread is all the proof anyone needs to see that this is true.

But the waters get unnecessarily muddied when people make ridiculous claims like
    Also, I face a suspected cheater almost every GAC. My guess is about 20% of the players cheat. Most do it just enough to seem reasonable.
    It’s perfectly reasonable for people to be sceptical or even cynical about claims like that. Especially when that poster’s GAC history is clearly visible to anyone that looks and can see for themselves that absolutely none of his results look in the least bit suspicious stretching back many months. In fact, the only concrete “example” he cited does not match any of his recent matches at all and it’s laughable that someone thinks that this qualifies as proof.

Cheaters exist - fact.
    Many players have faced a cheat - fact
    Many players have never faced a cheat - fact.

I don’t see the problem with people citing anecdotal evidence in a thread like this - so long as what they are saying is factual. CG certainly aren’t being transparent on the amount of cheats they catch, so anecdotal statements is all we can work with.

@Ragnarok_COTF already explained it quite well.
    Quite well, yes, but without addressing why people have made statements like “I’ve never met a cheater”.

- one poster claims to face a cheater almost every GAC, and that around 20% of all cheaters cheat (which is a ludicrous claim)
    - The OP posted a laughing emoji when someone pointed out they had never faced a cheater, though later clarified that this wasn’t incredulity at this statement
    - You yourself said this:
    -
    In general, I just don't think it's good, that those who do not face (so many) cheaters seem to use their experience as a basis to doubt others when they state that they face them more(regularly).

I’ve had to make do with reading and re-reading this thread for the last 2 weeks during my forum holiday, and I just don’t see why you said that.

There is exactly one person in this thread that I doubt - and I know I’m not alone. And I challenge you to engage with that poster’s GAC history and tell me you don’t doubt them too.

The forums need doubt, scrutiny and accountability. There is a small cabal of CG-haters that make outlandish claims and anyone that calls these claims into question are instantly labelled CG apologists. If someone came on here and accused CG of stealing the Lindbergh Baby, I’m sure the CG-haters would roll their eyes at anyone doubting that.

TL;DR: where there are exaggerated claims, and evidence that contradicts those claims, there is doubt.

Also - CG need to raise their game. If they had an employee genuinely working on cheaters, every single one of the perpetrators highlighted in the OP would be banned in a heartbeat. If it takes any longer than 1 working day to ban those players, something is rotten and needs fixed.

CG goes back a long way, they can be traced back to ancient egyptian origins.
  • These threads seem to pop up more and more in the last few months. I do not think there are more cheaters. Maybe CG is doing less about them, maybe not. The issue is there is no communication and no transparency. If you report in game there is no communication, if you report in forum there is no communication, and if you search for who to report to, you get the names of 2 old employees to contact.

I just want to see some official communication on cheating. Some signal by someone who works at CG, not a forum moderate, that there is an effort to fix these issues. Any open communication would be better than a year of silence. There are so many threads of blatant cheating, by low level accounts that make no profit for CG. This issue will cost them paying customers who no longer have confidence in the games management. Please CG "protect your revenue" and handle cheaters.
  • These threads seem to pop up more and more in the last few months. I do not think there are more cheaters. Maybe CG is doing less about them, maybe not. The issue is there is no communication and no transparency. If you report in game there is no communication, if you report in forum there is no communication, and if you search for who to report to, you get the names of 2 old employees to contact.

I just want to see some official communication on cheating. Some signal by someone who works at CG, not a forum moderate, that there is an effort to fix these issues. Any open communication would be better than a year of silence. There are so many threads of blatant cheating, by low level accounts that make no profit for CG. This issue will cost them paying customers who no longer have confidence in the games management. Please CG "protect your revenue" and handle cheaters.

The reason they started popping isn't a change in cheating but loss of trust along the way by absence of action and responsible personell that emerged visibly later on. Previously while not enough, they were actually banning many cheaters that's detectable from community side.
  • Lumiya wrote: »
    I would like to repeat:
    Is it ok to point out repetitious posts?

• MaruMaru wrote: »
    These threads seem to pop up more and more in the last few months. I do not think there are more cheaters. Maybe CG is doing less about them, maybe not. The issue is there is no communication and no transparency. If you report in game there is no communication, if you report in forum there is no communication, and if you search for who to report to, you get the names of 2 old employees to contact.

The reason they started popping isn't a change in cheating but loss of trust along the way by absence of action and responsible personell that emerged visibly later on. Previously while not enough, they were actually banning many cheaters that's detectable from community side.

That's exactly the point of the thread
  • nfidel2k wrote: »
    Who said the cow was in Scotland…

I think that is a Moo point.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    These threads seem to pop up more and more in the last few months. I do not think there are more cheaters. Maybe CG is doing less about them, maybe not. The issue is there is no communication and no transparency. If you report in game there is no communication, if you report in forum there is no communication, and if you search for who to report to, you get the names of 2 old employees to contact.

Detected by community how?
  • Ultra wrote: »

They cease to play with a sharp cut. Unless we have their logins, we can't see if they are banned or not. This used to happen a lot before, no?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »

They cease to play with a sharp cut. Unless we have their logins, we can't see if they are banned or not. This used to happen a lot before, no?

How do you know it used to happen a lot before? How do you know if it’s not happening still?
  • Lumiya
    1431 posts Member

How do you know it used to happen a lot before? How do you know if it’s not happening still?

Only CG can really answer these (and other) questions. One more reason for this thread.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I think it’s a very weird statement to claim that previously cheaters were getting banned that were detectable from the community side since most members of the community never knew if someone was banned or not

or kept track of it

Very very recently we have a server to track of it but even then there is a small portion of the community in it and in that server you can see that players the community is tracking are getting banned, i wasn’t aware of anyone getting banned before the server

Whether cheaters are getting banned or not is a perception that is unique to each player since it directly depends on if a cheater is active in their arena and for how long

Same as you do. The tracking servers. If you know any better share with us.
    I think it’s a very weird statement to claim that previously cheaters were getting banned that were detectable from the community side since most members of the community never knew if someone was banned or not

or kept track of it

Very very recently we have a server to track of it but even then there is a small portion of the community in it and in that server you can see that players the community is tracking are getting banned, i wasn’t aware of anyone getting banned before the server

Whether cheaters are getting banned or not is a perception that is unique to each player since it directly depends on if a cheater is active in their arena and for how long

In terms of arenas you know it when a regular climber cheater all of a sudden evaporates and starts dropping like a stone some time after being reported. It's hard to assume all of those were just coincidences. I had a few in my own arenas -in the past-.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

but the tracking servers were popularized in the last few months tho

i do know better but nothing i can’t share other than people are getting banned a lot but we don’t know those players or they don’t rush to the forums creating threads so the public is unaware how much banning is taking place

i do know better but nothing i can’t share other than people are getting banned a lot but we don’t know those players or they don’t rush to the forums creating threads so the public is unaware how much banning is taking place

I'm happy to take your word on that - but it would still be nice if someone at CG would say something about it. Acknowledging that they recognize this as a pain point for the community, and maybe giving a high level view of what they are doing about it would probably help people feel a little better about the situation. Just my 2 cents.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.

Ok then, if they are still getting banned a lot, there is not much to worry about and this topic is pointless.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Haha we saw evidence today that at least one person got banned.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    awesome!! Another few hundred or thousand to go…

• TVF wrote: »
    In the game or in the forums?

• In the game, since a cheater came here to complain about being banned.
    Hello there.
  • Screerider wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    In the game or in the forums?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/261414/cg-lucifersdaddy#latest
  • I have a post which shows a sub 1M account actively climbing to 1st in my arena shards. It's been 2 months, messaged Leviathon, Lucifer back then and well you know that nothing has been done.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/260348/reporting-cheaters-whos-the-contact-now#latest
  • dacejoy99 wrote: »
    I have a post which shows a sub 1M account actively climbing to 1st in my arena shards. It's been 2 months, messaged Leviathon, Lucifer back then and well you know that nothing has been done.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/260348/reporting-cheaters-whos-the-contact-now#latest

I have been reporting a guy for 7 months 🙄
  • ZurinFet
    261 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Everyday I have to go through this.
    vm2av8pdq64s.jpg

• Well, the server database that we had tracking known cheaters has been removed from discord.

Ball is in your court CG.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    ZurinFet wrote: »
    Well, the server database that we had tracking known cheaters has been removed from discord.

Ball is in your court CG.

The ball was always in their court, and they have always not cared. Don't stress about it so much, you'll be much happier.
  • Guess what, the Discord server for catching cheater was taken down today for "cyberbullying"...
  • ZurinFet
    261 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Guess what, the Discord server for catching cheater was taken down today for "cyberbullying"...

Pretty sure that was it, what a joke 🤣
    If only CG did their job

xvshwvnycayr.jpg