When will CG start testing things?

Prev134
It's already been a bit hilarious for quite some time now, especially the Executor release comes to mind or the Traya vs LV thing recently, but can you maybe do some testing first before throwing stuff into the wild and now seemingly throwing hotfixes at it only a few hours later?
This is getting ridiculous.
Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg

Replies

• 1 or 2 times might be a coincidence but I’m finding it hard to believe lately EVERYTIME ahnaldt has done a full breakdown on a new character and they perform very very well there’s a nerf notification literally minutes after his stream or 1-2 days later. All with reasoning and issue that happened on his streams with testing.
    Examples
    Traya wrecks LV - nerf because of GL
    scythe does amazing against the main capital ships. Nerf on it a day later
    And now the tie defender performs AMAZING against executer. 5 MINUTES after his stream nerf cuz it’s too good against exec.

Sooooo CG either actually test your game or hire him as a tester cuz it seems every change you have made on the past 4/5 character releases were exclusive to his stream and success with the units.
  • Sadly we are their free beta testers.. Why actually pay someone to do a job when they can just change things as they see fit when needed.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    those darn streamers being way too entertaining

:shakes_fist:
  • Cg is too lazy to test anything. Make other people do the work
  • Cg is way too lazy to do the work
  • Maybe it would be better if you started up the beta testing program with a select few that you know aren't going to leak anything so you can at least get some feedback from a testing group.

Though datacrons are your biggest problem right now I think and communication is second since it sucks.
  • I'm not convinced they know HOW to test at this point.
  • Or just hire QA testers that are actually competent. Executrix with Scythe was already being used to beat Executor pretty okay, add in Defender of course its gonna do better. Seems like a brain-dead level test.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    with a select few that you know aren't going to leak anything

that's the problem right now
  • They don’t care. They only care about those dolla dolla bills y’all!!!
  • Cg is way too lazy to do the work

Change ‘the’ for ‘any’. Why work if you can just count the money that rolls in without bothering
  • 1 or 2 times might be a coincidence but I’m finding it hard to believe lately EVERYTIME ahnaldt has done a full breakdown on a new character and they perform very very well there’s a nerf notification literally minutes after his stream or 1-2 days later. All with reasoning and issue that happened on his streams with testing.
    Examples
    Traya wrecks LV - nerf because of GL
    scythe does amazing against the main capital ships. Nerf on it a day later
    And now the tie defender performs AMAZING against executer. 5 MINUTES after his stream nerf cuz it’s too good against exec.

Sooooo CG either actually test your game or hire him as a tester cuz it seems every change you have made on the past 4/5 character releases were exclusive to his stream and success with the units.

I mean didn't fatal actually figure it out and ahnald copied him? And were there others giving fatal the ideas? It's almost more than 1 person that comes us with this stuff, even before the stream, I'm sure streamers talk to lots of people and get ideas for what sort of teams they should test with. It's not like they're doing this in a vacuum. It's literally thousands of people theorycrafting and coming up with ideas. Some of those ideas make it to streamers and they test it.

• I mean didn't fatal actually figure it out and ahnald copied him? And were there others giving fatal the ideas? It's almost more than 1 person that comes us with this stuff, even before the stream, I'm sure streamers talk to lots of people and get ideas for what sort of teams they should test with. It's not like they're doing this in a vacuum. It's literally thousands of people theorycrafting and coming up with ideas. Some of those ideas make it to streamers and they test it. [/quote]

I think you may have missed the point
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    with a select few that you know aren't going to leak anything

that's the problem right now

It didn't used to be. Seems like they have an accountability issue when it comes to NDAs.
  • lol...good one
  • Traya omicron not tested
    Scythe not tested
    TIE Defender not tested

Does CG actually have a QA / Testing team at all? If they do, they really need to think about a new line of work. I would suggest their jobs are on the line.

Have they tested Trench?
    Have they tested Reva?

Really CG?
  • they wont care until people stop paying or leave in mass, since it hasn't happened after all the other issues and non-QA's toons/ships yet there's no real incentive.
  • Boomer8800
    408 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    So you're saying only CG views ahnald's videos? lol :D
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    So you're saying only CG views ahnald's videos? lol :D

well meathead was active and commenting on his livestream yesterday or two days ago, so yes
  • Not sure point of this thread.
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    They don’t care. Testing requires people that’s not going to happen this is a cash cow you all act like it’s a game
  • The point is CG is already having to look at TIE Defender cause it's beating Executors too easy apparently. Again one of the two main ships in the meta and they neglected to:
    -Test against it,
    -Didnt see it and it got throuhh or worse
    -They saw the interaction and still released it. Knowing they're gonna have to nerf it.

Regardless they're showing why not to invest in a toon or ship straight away if they're never gonna work as intended out the gate.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Though datacrons are your biggest problem right now I think and communication is second since it sucks.

Not CHEATERS ???
    Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting
  • The players are the testers.

They release new content, watch the players use the new toons, collect the data, and than determine if they need to make adjustments.

Honestly, just think of any new release as Beta content.
  • it is kind of funny, but sad funny, not ha ha funny. like the traya omi was literally just reading her kit and reading LV'S kit. how did they not forsee that? not sure what the issue is with defender yet, but it literally just came out
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    hsv216 wrote: »
    Have they tested Trench?
    Have they tested Reva?

They've said that Reva + Trench should be able to beat GLs
  • Ultra wrote: »
    hsv216 wrote: »
    Have they tested Trench?
    Have they tested Reva?

They've said that Reva + Trench should be able to beat GLs

Didn't they also specifically say that Defender was tested with and without Scythe? So I'd take this statement with a grain of salt.
  • I don’t think CG is too lazy to test, I think with the turnover in the industry, they don’t have anyone that really understands the mechanics nor has 6+ years experience playing the game for several hours a day. In order to understand the interactions of units, you have to experience them, CG seems to only be concerned about what’s next (money, it’s a business), how it interacts with the current meta without deviation and reacting to problems that upsets some perceived balance they are trying to achieve when they should not be.