December Squish: We're down to 2776 in kyber 1! 0.88% of players.

Prev1
me1cyo7y39t3.png

Good news: we're up players overall in GAC; we had join levels like last summer.
o9mot6jg1qkg.png

Seriously, when does it end? We predicted under 3000 when squish hit - I guess we were overly optimistic.

Replies

• Taliana
    63 posts Member
    edited December 2022
    And again: The real problem here is that you can't (or at least shouldn't) use a linear squish formula on Kyber, because all of kyber 1 and kyber 2 will always be out on the edge of the distribution and therefore pushed downwards.

So please, please CG, fix your formula!

Kyber 1 needs ~2500 players back.

Once that happens, kyber2 will be down ~4000 players that they need back as well.

And once those corrections are made, we have to be very careful to _NOT_ apply a large, universally downward pressure on the upper end of the kyber distribution, since no players can be brought down from higher leagues to make up those missing numbers the way they are in lower leagues.
  • @Taliana you have an update on the numbers? looks like the Squish continues like before :-/
  • I think we get the numbers after the first round. Whatever the result it really needs to be posted in general and not this sub-forum that few people read. The failing squish formula is one of the biggest issue this game has ever faced and it's falling on deaf ears. In fact the majority of players don't even realize what is going on and those that do think it's a whale only problem that doesn't affect then. Then they post wondering why their 1 gl account is facing a 6 gl account. Where do you think these accounts are coming from? They're getting squished continually downward.
  • WitnessedJarl
    255 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Hawthorne wrote: »
    I think we get the numbers after the first round. Whatever the result it really needs to be posted in general and not this sub-forum that few people read. The failing squish formula is one of the biggest issue this game has ever faced and it's falling on deaf ears. In fact the majority of players don't even realize what is going on and those that do think it's a whale only problem that doesn't affect then. Then they post wondering why their 1 gl account is facing a 6 gl account. Where do you think these accounts are coming from? They're getting squished continually downward.

You do realize that the 1 GL vs 6 GL part doesnt have much to do with the squish right. That happens because some bigger accounts are inactive and drop down.

Those that go 5/4 will just be battling the same opponents for the most part since the squish affects those around you equally. So where you battle them in k1 before at some point you'll just battle them in k2.
  • This is partly true. However, consider the player with 1 GL that is punching above his weight and hanging on for dear life in Aurodium. I know the because my alt is one of them. As he clings on for dear life in A3, more and more accounts are getting pushed down to Aurodium from Kyber because of the squish. So while the the 1 GL 4m gp player was used to fighting 5-6m gl accounts with 2-3 gls 6 months ago, he's now facing 7-8m gp accounts with 4-6 gls every round. Sure some of these guys are fighting each other as before but they are in Aurodium because of the squish.
  • Lumiya
    1431 posts Member
    Hawthorne wrote: »
    This is partly true. However, consider the player with 1 GL that is punching above his weight and hanging on for dear life in Aurodium. I know the because my alt is one of them. As he clings on for dear life in A3, more and more accounts are getting pushed down to Aurodium from Kyber because of the squish. So while the the 1 GL 4m gp player was used to fighting 5-6m gl accounts with 2-3 gls 6 months ago, he's now facing 7-8m gp accounts with 4-6 gls every round. Sure some of these guys are fighting each other as before but they are in Aurodium because of the squish.

Exactly my experience aswell.
    They are not just facing each other but also the players that were there before they fell down.

My opponents definitely got bigger and bigger.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Can’t wait to get an update to this…we making bets if it’s over or under 0,5% already?

@CG_Tusken_Meathead
    @CG_SBCrumb
    You should point the devs to this, certainly a more important issue than Traya Omi performance vs LV and Scythe AI targeting!
  • It has been over a year and still not much communication on this. I am not hopeful that we will ever have any insight into this, let alone changes. CG doesn't care about communicating with the player base.

This is the only official answer I an find.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/252923/grand-arena-seasonal-skill-squish#latest
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    It has been over a year and still not much communication on this. I am not hopeful that we will ever have any insight into this, let alone changes. CG doesn't care about communicating with the player base.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/252923/grand-arena-seasonal-skill-squish#latest

This post is less than two months old.
  • StarSon wrote: »
    It has been over a year and still not much communication on this. I am not hopeful that we will ever have any insight into this, let alone changes. CG doesn't care about communicating with the player base.

Unless I'm missing something this ooks like Jan 2022... Not 2023
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

When I checked the date on this thread it said (and still says) December 2022. *shrug*
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

When I checked the date on this thread it said (and still says) December 2022. *shrug*

Mine shows Jan 2022 as well
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Lumiya
    1431 posts Member
    dwdvsxdbogpu.jpg
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    4wgpusyegcy0.png
  • Lumiya
    1431 posts Member
    4wgpusyegcy0.png

What has Taliana's thread to do with it? @Striker80swgoh wrote about the last -official-communication from CG and linked the thread from Crumb which is indeed 1 year old and doesn't really say much.

• Lumiya
    1431 posts Member
    Just to make sure it will not be misunderstood: It was about the last official communication from CG regarding the squish.
  • There has been more than one user submitted post about the squish since the official one from CG. For instance, here's another one from Taliana which describes the issue from Nov 2022 (and I'm sure there have been others).

The community discussion hasn't gotten us very far, which is why Striker80swgoh linked the post from Crumb... It would be nice if CG would comment instead of letting the community try to interpret their intentions.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/260300/current-squish-formula-math-and-kyber1-here-is-how-to-fix-the-leak

• StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    There has been more than one user submitted post about the squish since the official one from CG. For instance, here's another one from Taliana which describes the issue from Nov 2022 (and I'm sure there have been others).

The community discussion hasn't gotten us very far, which is why Striker80swgoh linked the post from Crumb... It would be nice if CG would comment instead of letting the community try to interpret their intentions.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/260300/current-squish-formula-math-and-kyber1-here-is-how-to-fix-the-leak

Don't really need to guess, since they told us. Until they say something to change that, we must assume their intentions are unchanged.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    There has been more than one user submitted post about the squish since the official one from CG. For instance, here's another one from Taliana which describes the issue from Nov 2022 (and I'm sure there have been others).

Don't really need to guess, since they told us. Until they say something to change that, we must assume their intentions are unchanged.

the problem is that their intentions don't seem to match reality, at least as stated in the linked post
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

the problem is that their intentions don't seem to match reality, at least as stated in the linked post

Says who? Their intentions are to "maintain the health and balance of the new system" and to "ensure the range of skill rating numbers won't massively expand." They determine both of those metrics, and they're still doing the squish without new communication so we must assume their intentions match reality just fine.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

Says who? Their intentions are to "maintain the health and balance of the new system" and to "ensure the range of skill rating numbers won't massively expand." They determine both of those metrics, and they're still doing the squish without new communication so we must assume their intentions match reality just fine.
    In general, this will not have any impact on your Grand Arena experience. This will not change what Division or League are in. It will not impact your ability to reach the next Division (IE if you could win your next round and move up to the division you will still do so). It will not affect your daily rewards payouts.

None of this has been true.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member

In general, this will not have any impact on your Grand Arena experience. This will not change what Division or League are in. It will not impact your ability to reach the next Division (IE if you could win your next round and move up to the division you will still do so). It will not affect your daily rewards payouts.

None of this has been true.

It was true, until they changed the timing of division promotion/demotion.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Ok so they just decided to no longer meet their stated intentions then.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member

No, those were not intentions. Those were the details of how the squish worked.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

Lol ok, consider me lawyered I guess.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member

2v7hlqz1z55f.png
  • StarSon wrote: »

More like how the squish was supposed to work. I don't put as much blind faith in CG that this is working as intended considering the number of bugs and unintentional interactions lately...
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

2v7hlqz1z55f.png

Meaning you're hiding behind a technicality, but that's fine.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member

2v7hlqz1z55f.png

No I understood. But it was a great opportunity for a HIMYM reference.

More like how the squish was supposed to work. I don't put as much blind faith in CG that this is working as intended considering the number of bugs and unintentional interactions lately...

It's been this way for a year. People have asked about it. CG has said nothing further. It clearly does what they want or they would have changed it by now.

Or they just don't care enough to change it and are just letting it ride.
  • Lumiya
    1431 posts Member

2v7hlqz1z55f.png

No I understood. But it was a great opportunity for a HIMYM reference.

Or they just don't care enough to change it and are just letting it ride.

Something we can agree on 🙃