Reva Mission

Replies

• "Past performance is no guarantee of future results." is written on every investment pack .. seems somewhat applicable to SWGOH
  • seems somewhat applicable to SWGOH

I don't know. They seem pretty consistent, don't they?
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Doesn't CG have some bug tracker that this should be updated in to give more info?!?!? Oh wait....
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    @StarSon
    Mods are not the only way to minimize the impact of RNG on a mission. Planning ahead for multiple possibilities and maintaining strategic and tactical flexibility are key. If you've ever watched runs on the 50ShardsOfKAM Discord server, you'd know what I mean. Plans within plans.

@ pretty much everyone:

PLEASE be aware that the Scav tag relating to Thermals is NOT the only possible tagging problem.

I suggested to someone that the problem might be the missing GL tag on JMK in p2. Currently JMK is affected by %health damage from DoTs and Torture and is also able to be stunned. People with programming/codemining knowledge have confirmed the GL ability tag is missing entirely.

If this is the tag that they're fixing, it would make p2 more difficult, but right now p2 is entirely trivial.

IMO if this is the tag that they're fixing, it's a good thing. P2 is supposed to be an incredible fighter, and yet in this mission killing JMK is like clubbing baby seals. The addition of the GL tag would force you to kill him with your own attacks rather than watch him die from DoTs.

Yes, that would make it harder. No it would not make it impossible. I doubt my own win rate would go down at all.

So... while I join everyone in saying that thermals would be a catastrophe at the given Potency of Scav and with other factors held steady, this is NOT the only tagging issue in the mission and we should not assume that this is what's getting "fixed".

It might be. Feel free to doomsay if you like. But it's not at all confirmed, given the absence of the GL tag.

Great point about gl tag.
  • Winterwolves
    1717 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    TVF wrote: »
    Why do you have to drop 7th

Presumably because she would kill herself with thermals from her constant assists.

The toon she assists will also get an extra 2 thermals each time too.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    scuba wrote: »
    @StarSon
    Mods are not the only way to minimize the impact of RNG on a mission. Planning ahead for multiple possibilities and maintaining strategic and tactical flexibility are key. If you've ever watched runs on the 50ShardsOfKAM Discord server, you'd know what I mean. Plans within plans.

@ pretty much everyone:

PLEASE be aware that the Scav tag relating to Thermals is NOT the only possible tagging problem.

I suggested to someone that the problem might be the missing GL tag on JMK in p2. Currently JMK is affected by %health damage from DoTs and Torture and is also able to be stunned. People with programming/codemining knowledge have confirmed the GL ability tag is missing entirely.

If this is the tag that they're fixing, it would make p2 more difficult, but right now p2 is entirely trivial.

IMO if this is the tag that they're fixing, it's a good thing. P2 is supposed to be an incredible fighter, and yet in this mission killing JMK is like clubbing baby seals. The addition of the GL tag would force you to kill him with your own attacks rather than watch him die from DoTs.

Yes, that would make it harder. No it would not make it impossible. I doubt my own win rate would go down at all.

So... while I join everyone in saying that thermals would be a catastrophe at the given Potency of Scav and with other factors held steady, this is NOT the only tagging issue in the mission and we should not assume that this is what's getting "fixed".

It might be. Feel free to doomsay if you like. But it's not at all confirmed, given the absence of the GL tag.

Great point about gl tag.

Although both missing tag issue fix is awful at this stage of the TB (we've had multiple runs by now) but yeah, the GL tag fix doesn't seem to be that bad at all in terms of how much more the difficult the mission will be, at least from the videos I've seen (if they fixed the jawa thermal thing it would just make it miserable)
  • CG:tpbl0oeot5z9.jpeg
  • scuba wrote: »
    Doesn't CG have some bug tracker that this should be updated in to give more info?!?!? Oh wait....

It is listed in that bug tracker

https://trello.com/c/DROFIELe/872-tb3-pve-jawa-scavenger-is-missing-selftag-on-third-sisters-special-mission
  • What a bunch of incompetent hacks, they give good programmers a bad name. While the top percentage of guilds were getting max or close, make everyone else suffer while the top keep separating more from everyone else? That's all this is doing.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    What a bunch of incompetent hacks, they give good programmers a bad name. While the top percentage of guilds were getting max or close, make everyone else suffer while the top keep separating more from everyone else? That's all this is doing.

i mean if it’s a JMK tag fix it’s not a big deal

if it does make a big impact they will adjust it so that it’s not at least that’s what they said
  • What a bunch of incompetent hacks, they give good programmers a bad name. While the top percentage of guilds were getting max or close, make everyone else suffer while the top keep separating more from everyone else? That's all this is doing.

This exactly. This is basically all the game is now. Working on this TB, and navigating around CG screwups and greed. God forbid folks have a chance to keep up with MAW CAW and whatever.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    What a bunch of incompetent hacks, they give good programmers a bad name. While the top percentage of guilds were getting max or close, make everyone else suffer while the top keep separating more from everyone else? That's all this is doing.

if it does make a big impact they will adjust it so that it’s not at least that’s what they said

The listed Trello item says it's the Jawa tag. Bye bye Reva shards, I guess.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    StarSon wrote: »

The listed Trello item says it's the Jawa tag. Bye bye Reva shards, I guess.

yikes
  • Can’t help but feel like they initially thought Scavenger with the Jawa tag would make it too hard with all the thermals…now they’ve analyzed the data and saw people are having more success than intended, and this is the result.

This is yet another example of rolling out patches, letting the player base test it, then making changes afterwards. This happening once or twice a year is fine…but recently it’s seemed like every single patch. It also seems to have coincided with ending the beta testing program. I hope this isn’t their plan moving forward.

C’mon man, have some respect for your player base and paying customers. We did it your way and geared Inquisitors to r7. Please let us enjoy the fruits of our labor, instead of reverting it to a frustrating mess.
  • CG had test servers, right? They did the speed GAC stuff in an environment outside of 'production'. I'd be really interested to see if anyone is able to complete the Reva mission with the jawa detonators tag.

Demo your special mission for us, pretty please. Or I double dare you. Whatever it takes to prove this isn't a complete waste of time.
  • Jakdnels wrote: »
    CG had test servers, right? They did the speed GAC stuff in an environment outside of 'production'. I'd be really interested to see if anyone is able to complete the Reva mission with the jawa detonators tag.

Demo your special mission for us, pretty please. Or I double dare you. Whatever it takes to prove this isn't a complete waste of time.

CG frequently proves to us they don't actually test their work, so I wouldn't expect much from them at all.
  • How close are the top guilds to unlocking her?
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

It is listed in that bug tracker

https://trello.com/c/DROFIELe/872-tb3-pve-jawa-scavenger-is-missing-selftag-on-third-sisters-special-mission

Was added about 30 mins before you post... so yeah.... My statement stands
    yhcu0jicddp8.png
  • Ultra wrote: »
    If you really believe this, I have a bridge to sell you.
  • Yeah, I've always said that the thermals would be a catastrophe, I just wasn't at all certain that it would be the scavenger self-tag, given everything they were saying about making the mission "somewhat more difficult" rather than "a flaming clusterfragg of doom".

"They'll be monitoring".

heh.

I have an idea, Meathead!

What if, and I know this sounds absolutely insane, but what if you TEST IT before the fix goes live and see how many shards you get with a protection-modded Inquisitors squad with max tenacity. I mean, just give every mod a maxed out Tenacity secondary, just for fun. See how well that works.

I'd love to see your internal numbers on shards earned with r7 squads that way, but even if I can't see them, I still think that TESTING is better than MONITORING.

So why not, as demented as it may seem, why not try that testing thing first.
    Also, too, don't say that something is going to make the mission "somewhat more difficult" if you're going to change the success rate from 95%+ to < 5%. And if you don't understand how this change would completely destroy Inquisitor squads given the existing potency on Scavenger and the available tenacity on player's Inqs and mods, have a developer explain it. Because "somewhat more difficult" is so laughably far from the actual effect that it comes across as dishonest. Really. I hate to say it, but it actually does sound like you're lying, and I don't think you want that.

PR is an art not a science, I admit, but there's a difference between being gentle in your delivery and being so far from the truth you both lose credibility and cause even greater outrage.

If you were speaking of a larger fix, not merely a tag fix but also nerfing Scavenger's potency or some such, then I would wait and see what the final difficulty is. But we know what the difficulty will be if you fix the tag and don't change anything else, and "somewhat more difficult" does not honestly describe it.

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

for how much
  • I love you, Ultra.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    I love you, Ultra.

lets get married this weekend?
    I love you, Ultra.

lets get married this weekend?

Bachelor party on Friday night then? Can I come?

Also agree that if the fix means that the success rate drops any more than 'slightly', then the announcement was at the least, poorly worded. For reference - we get 'slightly more' crystals when buying them from the web store (5%). I could even get on board with saying that 'slightly more' could be up to 10%.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.

for how much

Probably 50 Reva shards per month
  • Too many guilds were getting a high amount of shards. They can't allow us to unlock something so quickly in TB, so they need to make it stupid difficult, or have an absurd amount of RNG involved, like the KAM mission.

Hence, you will be allowed 3 shards per TB for the next 3 years of ROTE TB and you'll like it!
  • Hence, you will be allowed 3 shards per TB for the next 3 years of ROTE TB and you'll like it!

Don't worry! They'll sell you a new Inquisitor for $1k starting 18 months from now and 6 months after that they'll give it an Omi that makes all inquisitors immune to %Health based damage.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    If this mission goes from a 95% success rate (with R7/8 Inquis with very specific 6*, sliced, and calibrated mods painfully crafted over the past two months for the specific mission as it was) to a 5% RNG stuff shoot, it might be the final straw. They shoved Inquis down our throats for the better part of a year, with this being the ultimate payoff. Whale guilds already have her more than half unlocked for them to just now pull the rug out from under us? Completely unacceptable.

If they add the tags for thermals, they need to adjust the Jawa team's potency to be back in the realm of possible player values instead of so high as to make resisting with >15% chance impossible.