Bad Batch S2E5: Entombed (Spoilers)

Hey I recognize that Pokemon! Oh wait..

Another side quest for our heroes, nothing to add to the overall story but at least they learned the treasure was friendship all along... or something like that.

The creature was probably the last of the original inhabitants of the planet before whatever built that mech, took over. Would have been interesting to hear the story behind what happened but I doubt we will get anymore info in the next episode.

Phee seems to share a lot in common with Hondo, I wonder if she and **** will be the ones to sell them to the empire.

Hopefully we get to meet up with Rex and/or Cody next episode to get the story moving again.

Replies

• Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Another side quest for our heroes, nothing to add to the overall story but at least they learned the treasure was friendship all along... or something like that.

Haven't watched any episode of S2 at all since I didn't like S1 but good to know i'm not missing anything
  • Ultra wrote: »

Haven't watched any episode of S2 at all since I didn't like S1 but good to know i'm not missing anything

That's fair. They have a lot of the ground work already done, not sure why they aren't taking advantage of it.
  • Felt like an episode of Indiana jones in space. But I liked it
  • The Tallneck indicates SW happens after HZD.
  • Screerider wrote: »
    The Tallneck indicates SW happens after HZD.
    ?
    Excatly my thought as well.

What did this episode do to the plot of the season?

Show Phees character?

Omeega looking for role models outside of the Bad Batch?

Because they ended up right back where they started. Not richer, that's for sure..
  • There were an awful lot of similarities to the Zeffo - between how the compass worked, how the ruins/puzzles were set up, and even the appearance of the mech. Setting up a possible JFO/Survivor crossover and/or Cal appearance?
  • I would be very surprised if we saw a Cal crossover, but it would make the series interesting again!
  • yolkywareagle
    1016 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    There were an awful lot of similarities to the Zeffo - between how the compass worked, how the ruins/puzzles were set up, and even the appearance of the mech

I was thinking the same thing.
  • Curious why a giant mech would need booby traps inside of it? And why they could just bypass the booby traps by going down a side tunnel? Wasn’t a bad episode, but definitely had some writing issues. Better than the last one, which was a copy/paste of Phantom Menace for some weird reason.
  • Ltswb1 wrote: »
    Curious why a giant mech would need booby traps inside of it? And why they could just bypass the booby traps by going down a side tunnel?

If the native population tried to stop it by going, the traps would slow them down I guess? I do agree though.