Is Dark Rey incoming

Prev1
Just a thought from looking at events calendar. Title and colour of the list

Replies

• I really hope not.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    i hope so
  • Would be a sweet lifter unit for SLKR but I highly doubt it.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • CG usually leave hints on incoming stuff. This is why I think it could be dark Rey.
    Events calendar for February is spelt out
    CalenDar FebruaRy = Dar-k Ry /Rey
    Calendar list is black with white writing rather than the usual white and green. Just a thought
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    Meathead routinely does whacky things with his posts. There were months where the calendar post was "hinting" towards Red 5. He just likes to mess with us.
  • That is true
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    Meathead routinely does whacky things with his posts. There were months where the calendar post was "hinting" towards Red 5. He just likes to mess with us.

Red Rey squad of 5 confirmed.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Interview with Meathead, years from now:

Interviewer: "So you've made quite a name for yourself for dropping hints about upcoming characters in the game - was this something you planned to do from the beginning?"

Meathead: "lol, those were just random capitalizations and typos - the forum community is full of wack-a-doos and conspiracy theorists."
  • I’m not saying it was aliens but it was aliens and my tinfoil hat is cool.
  • Interview with Meathead, years from now:

Interviewer: "So you've made quite a name for yourself for dropping hints about upcoming characters in the game - was this something you planned to do from the beginning?"

Meathead: "lol, those were just random capitalizations and typos - the forum community is full of wack-a-doos and conspiracy theorists."

Meathead: *accidentally types in "2v3" instead of "3v3"*

Community: OMG DARTH BANE UNIT
    Hello there.
  • Since Rey has good boy Ben, I suppose it makes sense that SLKR would have bad girl Rey. Whether SLKR really needs a lifter right now considering he is already a very capable GL is questionable. Admiral Trench only exacerbates the problem that SEE has since his kit heavily relies on Wat.
  • xpgammer
    141 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    First order flametrooper, BB-9E, or Commander Pyre, could be a good lifter for SLKR.
    Dark Rey seems like an Unaligned Force user lead.
    43uiyimscu4j.png
    Sometimes a door is just a door
  • I would accept General Pryde for either SLKR or SEE
    kkememdrzqed.png
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Dark Rey wouldn’t make much sense, as she was never dark side.

Kylo/Ben makes sense as he redeemed himself at the end of saga.

So nah, dark Rey just doesn’t seem plausible to me, simply cos she was never dark
  • Wait, are you saying that they base the SWGOH characters on the source material?
  • I don’t think it’s going to be anything to do with sequel characters. The calendar character is tuskens and there have been leaks of tusken packs. So more likely too do something with that.
  • I want the Hetts.
  • Much better than Trench Hondo and other garbage kids stuff
  • I still find it frustrating that this was maybe 3 seconds of a movie and that people still cling to it like it was a major plot line.
  • while I think a dark Rey character would be cool, don't think it's happening (at least until they use up the 100s of available characters they already can create). she didn't actually exist- it was just a force vision rey had. it would be like making a darth vader with Luke's face a la ESB. not an actual character, just a vision
  • I still find it frustrating that this was maybe 3 seconds of a movie and that people still cling to it like it was a major plot line.

This, so much. It was a vision of what might have been - not an actual part of the plot (in so much as there was a plot). That scene could have been cut completely and it wouldn't have changed anything at all in the movie. If CG puts dark Rey into the game, we're spitting distance from Darth Jar-Jar and opening the flood gates of ridiculous fan-fic nonsense. I don't mind a bit of goofiness in my star wars but I really hope CG resists the urge to turn this into a sandbox of 'what if' scenarios.

We have an entire galactic legend for LV - a character with about as much screen time.

• Damon_Skye
    82 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Dark Rey wouldn’t make much sense, as she was never dark side.

Kylo/Ben makes sense as he redeemed himself at the end of saga.

So nah, dark Rey just doesn’t seem plausible to me, simply cos she was never dark

Yes, agree with this post. It’s like them doing a dark side Luke based on the vision in the cave in Empire. Nah.

We have an entire galactic legend for LV - a character with about as much screen time.

LV wasn't a hallucination.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    i hope so

Why? wasn't even a character in the movie...just a vision. If you go there, why not god Dagaboh Vader, or Luke Vader as well.

Much more interesting stuff to do than any of those visions.
  • Still awaiting an OT Light Side GL....you could go Dark Empire....etc. Plenty of much better things to choose from.
  • At least fallen Rey existed unlike 5OR-T & GBA. Plus how much screen time did Wampa have?
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    At least fallen Rey existed unlike 5OR-T & GBA. Plus how much screen time did Wampa have?

About the same as Boba probably.

Screen time is like GP, it’s not a good measurement.

But I agree that Dark Rey is not a good idea.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • CrispyFett wrote: »
    while I think a dark Rey character would be cool, don't think it's happening (at least until they use up the 100s of available characters they already can create). she didn't actually exist- it was just a force vision rey had. it would be like making a darth vader with Luke's face a la ESB. not an actual character, just a vision

Or like in CW when yoda goes to that force world to face his worst fears and there is a dark yoda. which would be a cool character
  • Screerider
    1343 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    If they can add a made-up character to the game (GBA), and even non-canon units, they can add one we actually saw in the movies.