When will CG start taking cheating seriously again?

Replies

• ZurinFet wrote: »
    Everyday I have to go through this.
    vm2av8pdq64s.jpg

And then you’re shocked when the discord gets banned for **** bullying lol
  • ZurinFet
    261 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    I'm reporting cheaters, following the guidelines set by CG on these forums.

Give me a break.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Zurin doing great work

Even if CG doesn't take action, its something i can talk about with them internally though
  • Not saying he isn’t doing good work. But you can’t be shocked when you bombard the discord with !info and then bombard the devs here. You’re making the devs’ job easier, they like it. Discord however does not.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Zurin doing great work

Even if CG doesn't take action, its something i can talk about with them internally though

Good sentiment, but a small correction, CG does not take action. Once you report someone once in game, the option to report them again is greyed out. So no response in forums and no ability in game. I just don't understand the apathy. This has to impact revenue.

• ZurinFet wrote: »
    Well, the server database that we had tracking known cheaters has been removed from discord.

Ball is in your court CG.

Time to create a new one.
  • Jed_Eye wrote: »
    ZurinFet wrote: »
    Well, the server database that we had tracking known cheaters has been removed from discord.

Ball is in your court CG.

Time to create a new one.

It’s sad that they need to do that. This ban makes it seem like the trash is winning. It is total **** when that people have proof others are cheating, send it in and it take forever for CG to move on the information or do nothing at all. The cheaters are just trashy people.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Zurin doing great work

Good sentiment, but a small correction, CG does not take action. Once you report someone once in game, the option to report them again is greyed out. So no response in forums and no ability in game.

That doesn't mean no action is taken
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Lumiya
    1431 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Zurin doing great work

Good sentiment, but a small correction, CG does not take action. Once you report someone once in game, the option to report them again is greyed out. So no response in forums and no ability in game.

At this point we are all talking in circles. Many people saw it often enough that they reported someone and that someone is/was still active after a very long period. We all have seen the evidence for that.
    - If - action is taken, they would not be/would not have been still active.
    Every day a cheater is still active they cheat someone else's rewards and the longer they stay active, the more their account grows and the harder it gets to see if they are cheating or the bigger the risk gets that they reach a point where they don't need to cheat (as much) anymore.

Also I am pretty sure that CG is not able to investigate on their side a cheating that took place 6 months ago. That would mean they have logs and Backups stored that date so far back which in turn would mean lots of needed space. We also don't even know what exactly is being used to do this.

Last but not least, I think we all have established that we know CG is doing something but that it is much too little. To make a wordplay out of this or splitting hairs instead of concentrating and staying on the actual topic just is not necessary imho.

While I write this I have one last point in mind, I am just not sure about it because there is no official information, just hearsay.

If the rumours are true and CG actually really just banned 200+ cheaters 2 days ago, then I am actually really impressed and say: Please keep it up! Good job! 🌹
    In that case I think it would be in CGs best interest to inform the community because then this whole discussion wouldn't even be necessary (anymore) if they keep on doing so regularly and swiftly the next time cheaters get reported.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • The community want swift action against cheaters and CG would do their PR an enormous power of good if they

a) acted swiftly more often, and
    b) had some form of transparency, like a monthly cheater report

Sadly, I’ve not seen much evidence that CG care enough about their PR to do either of these things.
  • I completely agree with Lumiya and the idea of backlogs woule make a lot of sense. I also think the chances of them confirming are much higher with cheating in GAC. The only cheater still around on my shard quit playing GAC 4 months ago after cheating consecutive times. He dropped to about 1500 rating and started playing GAC again this last season. But now he's developed a better roster and will be able to climb without suspicion.

This is what I was talking about, and Lumiya as well.. CG must step up their game. Specially with what happened to the TCAC server.

At this point I'm not sure he will ever be banned. I've sent screenshots, recorded videos, links to his past GAC matches, and for almost 8 months now, no action was taken.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    idk where the 200 people rumor came from but that is simply not true
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Lumiya wrote: »
    Zurin doing great work

At this point we are all talking in circles. Many people saw it often enough that they reported someone and that someone is/was still active after a very long period. We all have seen the evidence for that.
    - If - action is taken, they would not be/would not have been still active.
    Every day a cheater is still active they cheat someone else's rewards and the longer they stay active, the more their account grows and the harder it gets to see if they are cheating or the bigger the risk gets that they reach a point where they don't need to cheat (as much) anymore.

Also I am pretty sure that CG is not able to investigate on their side a cheating that took place 6 months ago. That would mean they have logs and Backups stored that date so far back which in turn would mean lots of needed space. We also don't even know what exactly is being used to do this.

Last but not least, I think we all have established that we know CG is doing something but that it is much too little. To make a wordplay out of this or splitting hairs instead of concentrating and staying on the actual topic just is not necessary imho.

While I write this I have one last point in mind, I am just not sure about it because there is no official information, just hearsay.

If the rumours are true and CG actually really just banned 200+ cheaters 2 days ago, then I am actually really impressed and say: Please keep it up! Good job! 🌹
    In that case I think it would be in CGs best interest to inform the community because then this whole discussion wouldn't even be necessary (anymore) if they keep on doing so regularly and swiftly the next time cheaters get reported.

You can dismiss me as doing "wordplay" if you like. I believe that words mean things and it is disingenuous to say things that aren't true, such as CG takes no action at all. Yes we agree they need to do way more, but that doesn't excuse people saying things that are incorrect.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    > CG takes no action

my inbox begs to differ

• Lumiya wrote: »
    Respectfully disagree. When people post that "CG does nothing about cheaters", we know this is inaccurate. If concentrating and staying on topic is important to you, I don't know why you think correcting these inaccurate statements is "wordplay" or "splitting hairs".
  • Fieldgulls
    419 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Zurin doing great work

Let me get this straight…a billion dollar game who has told us in the past they improved there cheating detection system…is then banning a few players here or there every once in while deserves the benefit of doubt that at least they’re doing something?
  • Fieldgulls wrote: »
    Zurin doing great work

Let me get this straight…a billion dollar game who has told us in the past they improved there cheating detection system…is then banning a few players here or there every once in while deserves the benefit of doubt that at least they’re doing something?
    Let me get this straight... when cheaters come on the forums complaining about being banned... do you still insist that CG does nothing about cheaters?
    Zurin doing great work

I don't think it's about giving CG the benefit of the doubt - it's about acknowledging that they DO in fact do something about it. To say otherwise erodes the credibility of any other argument made. We all agree that they need to do more - but a compelling argument gets much less compelling when the people making the argument use hyperbole and demonstrably false statements. Let's stick to the facts and the points we can agree on. That makes for a much more powerful statement, should CG choose to hear it.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    i wish CG was more public about the steps they are taking (I have made requests that they should)
  • Would make people feel more at ease. Used to play a game where they would wield the banhammer and the devs would let everyone in the community know who and why they were banned.
  • Joebo720 wrote: »
    Would make people feel more at ease. Used to play a game where they would wield the banhammer and the devs would let everyone in the community know who and why they were banned.

They can't do the who bit because that takes thing into the irl law side just like how the cheat catching server was banned for online mobbing/harrasment. People regardless of what they do have rights you know.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Joebo720 wrote: »
    Would make people feel more at ease. Used to play a game where they would wield the banhammer and the devs would let everyone in the community know who and why they were banned.

They can't do the who bit because that takes thing into the irl law side just like how the cheat catching server was banned for online mobbing/harrasment. People regardless of what they do have rights you know.

In-game names are anonymous though, unless the user makes it public.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Joebo720 wrote: »

In-game names are anonymous though, unless the user makes it public.

It is a slippery slope there that I doubt a company would take, individuals can/did.
  • Ultra wrote: »

Does this mean no cheaters were banned a couple of days ago or 200 isn't the right number? If the latter, was it more or less?
  • Jakdnels wrote: »

Does this mean no cheaters were banned a couple of days ago or 200 isn't the right number? If the latter, was it more or less?

Most likely latter. At least 2 people were banned because they came here to complain.
    Hello there.
  • I think the order of events is they got banned then came to complain about it, after being banned.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited February 2023
    Jakdnels wrote: »

Can’t say

All i can say is that i did submit ~206 people that were verified to be cheating on the game recently to CG from TCAC server

It’s hard to tell who is getting banned since the server is unavailable but you could see some days a bulk users suddenly stopped logging at once simultaneously on the same day that would suggest CG took action on some of them

I’m guessing the rumor spread from there with some miscommunication
    Zurin doing great work

Let me get this straight... when cheaters come on the forums complaining about being banned... do you still insist that CG does nothing about cheaters?
    Huh?
  • I can confirm that at least 3 of my reported ones are not active anymore, and it does fit into the timeline @Ultra provided. 2 others are still around though.
  • O
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    Zurin doing great work

Huh?
    You questioned TVF when he said “that doesn’t mean no action is taken”. Which suggests you dispute that.

Action is taken. We know that.

So, I repeat, will you continue to insist they don’t do anything, when it’s obvious they at least do something?