This is unacceptable

Prev1
12thParsec
195 posts Member
edited February 2023
I’ve made multiple post and I will make it again, Datacrons have got to go. They are extremely overpowered and are making me want to quit this game. I have a 11m GP account that I have put so much work into and for me to get destroyed by a team with a DC against my GL that I put real money into is not cool. I used JML against Dr alphra and I didnt take a single turn from any character. JML has 562 speed and his turn meter did not even go above 50% the entire battle. These DCs should not exists. CG you are failing this game and you are failing the community with your *brilliant* ideas. I know people are going to come on here and say “use the right counter”. If I lost fine but for me to use a GL and it not even take a single turn is just stupid.

Replies

• You just have to put real money in DC now.

Just joking, sorry...
    Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting
  • You just have to put real money in DC now.

Just joking, sorry...

Nah I would rather quit the game than put money into something that I don’t like. I spend for what I want.
  • The legal system should get involved and it'll be a similar situation with 'Battlefront II'
  • Zombefyer wrote: »
    The legal system should get involved and it'll be a similar situation with 'Battlefront II'

I wouldn’t take it that far. In the end they do whatever they want with this game. Eventually the community will get tired of them doing things everyone hates and the game will die off.
  • I’m curious as to what team composition you used, and theirs
  • 12thParsec wrote: »
    I’ve made multiple post and I will make it again, Datacrons have got to go. They are extremely overpowered and are making me want to quit this game. I have a 11m GP account that I have put so much work into and for me to get destroyed by a team with a DC against my GL that I put real money into is not cool. I used JML against Dr alphra and I didnt take a single turn from any character. JML has 562 speed and his turn meter did not even go above 50% the entire battle. These DCs should not exists. CG you are failing this game and you are failing the community with your *brilliant* ideas. I know people are going to come on here and say “use the right counter”. If I lost fine but for me to use a GL and it not even take a single turn is just stupid.

I don't like DCs either. I don't hate them with the firey passion of a thousand suns like I did when they came out, but I still don't like them. I only engage as much as I'm able to with what mats I farm from left over conquest energy. And I only do that much so that I have an answer if I run up on an opponent using them.

You're right though - you should use the right counter. Looks like maybe CLS could have managed it if .gg is to be believed. Probably stunning Aphra out of the gate with Han would shut the whole team down. Also, I would guess JMK would have worked considering Aphras team relies on a TM train.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Datacons are flawed and should be removed or at least switch them from pvp to PvE instead if CG feel they need to commit to their sunk cost fallacy. Spending valuable development resources to make the game worse and alienating the player base when there are plenty of things to be done to this game to improve it and make players happier is insane.
  • Counterpoint.

I hated DCs at first. And yes there are issues with them — especially the first few seasons, with balance and over the top stat boosts (dodge and health steal anyone?)…

But I’ve changed my mind. I use DCs pretty regularly, generally not the crazy level 9 ones (except I did land a level 9 Darth Vader one with cooldown reduction last season, which was awesome), usually just 3-6. I have 13 DCs currently, and I haven’t paid a single cent for them — they’ve all come from farming hard Conquest bonus nodes. Datacrons (along with omicrons) have helped me stay in Aurodium 2, despite being only ~5.4M GP currently with one GL, no mega fleet (unlocking executor soon), and way underdeveloped GET2 fleets (I’m in a smaller/casual guild). I don’t have the relic levels to engage in them fully and I understand it’s different up in Kyber…

All that being said, here the point. What’s the worst thing that could happen to this game? Clearly it’s not CG’s greed or incompetence, because we’ve been dealing with that for awhile and we’re still here (to be fair: they do some things really well). The death of this game would be it getting BORING and stale. Datacrons make sure that will never happen by constantly shifting the meta around. Could they be better implemented? Yes, absolutely. Is it frustrating sometimes? Also yes. But I do think they are good for the health of the game overall in the long run, because they ensure that the game will always be interesting, with new puzzles to solve, and I’m willing to admit I was wrong about them initially.
  • I agree with the idea that a fresh, evolving meta keeps the game interesting. But I think DCs, coupled with the frantic release of new and OP toons, have taken it way too far. Each DC lasts for 4 GACs, so only 2 each of 3v3 and 5v5. That is just not enough time to master things unless you are studying them rigorously, rush farming them hard, and then remodding every 4 weeks to accommodate the changes.

I can see how this wouldn't bother a lot of people. But we're all just spouting opinions here, so thought I'd join in :)
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    You're right though - you should use the right counter. Looks like maybe CLS could have managed it if .gg is to be believed. Probably stunning Aphra out of the gate with Han would shut the whole team down. Also, I would guess JMK would have worked considering Aphras team relies on a TM train.

Stun Aphra is not enough. You have to kill her out of the gate. If not, once any droids in her team gets a turn, its usually game over. Yes, her L9 DC is OP.
  • dhwo
    65 posts Member
    12thParsec wrote: »

So you think because you have invested real money in some toons it entitles you to get a win? Datacrons are garbage but you’re reason to be against is ridiculous. You should use a legit counter instead of complaining.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    KDC99X wrote: »
    Counterpoint.

I hated DCs at first. And yes there are issues with them — especially the first few seasons, with balance and over the top stat boosts (dodge and health steal anyone?)…

But I’ve changed my mind. I use DCs pretty regularly, generally not the crazy level 9 ones (except I did land a level 9 Darth Vader one with cooldown reduction last season, which was awesome), usually just 3-6. I have 13 DCs currently, and I haven’t paid a single cent for them — they’ve all come from farming hard Conquest bonus nodes. Datacrons (along with omicrons) have helped me stay in Aurodium 2, despite being only ~5.4M GP currently with one GL, no mega fleet (unlocking executor soon), and way underdeveloped GET2 fleets (I’m in a smaller/casual guild). I don’t have the relic levels to engage in them fully and I understand it’s different up in Kyber…

All that being said, here the point. What’s the worst thing that could happen to this game? Clearly it’s not CG’s greed or incompetence, because we’ve been dealing with that for awhile and we’re still here (to be fair: they do some things really well). The death of this game would be it getting BORING and stale. Datacrons make sure that will never happen by constantly shifting the meta around. Could they be better implemented? Yes, absolutely. Is it frustrating sometimes? Also yes. But I do think they are good for the health of the game overall in the long run, because they ensure that the game will always be interesting, with new puzzles to solve, and I’m willing to admit I was wrong about them initially.

Datacrons are cool

the RNG aspect of getting what abilities you want and farming it seems to be the main reason people dislike them

I think it would be better received with RNG and monetization if they only added 3 levels and got rid of stat boosting levels? They are supercharged team wide mods on top of what they do
  • Yeah I mean these are all great points. Like I said… they could definitely be implemented better!!

I think a real sore spot with the community (on this and other issues), is CG’s lack of communication, QC, and QOL implementations that would make managing all this complexity much more bearable…
    I agree with the idea that a fresh, evolving meta keeps the game interesting. But I think DCs, coupled with the frantic release of new and OP toons, have taken it way too far. Each DC lasts for 4 GACs, so only 2 each of 3v3 and 5v5. That is just not enough time to master things unless you are studying them rigorously, rush farming them hard, and then remodding every 4 weeks to accommodate the changes.

I can see how this wouldn't bother a lot of people. But we're all just spouting opinions here, so thought I'd join in :)

• They definitely do some cool things!

To your point about RNG I think a mercy system, as others have proposed, would also go a long way towards cooling people’s jets on DCs.
    Ultra wrote: »

Datacrons are cool

the RNG aspect of getting what abilities you want and farming it seems to be the main reason people dislike them

I think it would be better received with RNG and monetization if they only added 3 levels and got rid of stat boosting levels? They are supercharged team wide mods on top of what they do

• Datacrons are not cool.

It takes resources that were built over years and devalues it tremendously.

Content Creators have left because of Datacrons.

CG needs to admit their mistakes and turn them off..
  • KDC99X wrote: »
    Counterpoint.

For every battle someone loses there is someone that wins. I don’t hate datacrons either.
  • CG is in a tough spot, they already lost a large chunk of players when they introduced datacons. Those players won’t come back even if datacons are removed. And if they remove datacons the whales that are addicted to spending for any monetization scheme in the game will spend less money. So then it will become even more obvious that this was a horrible decision to introduce datacons to the game. So they need to replace datacons with a new revenue stream that’s even more profitable and acceptable by the players.
    Datacons are making GAC more stale and boring. The reign of the vadercons was the stalest GAC seasons ever.
  • CG is in a tough spot, they already lost a large chunk of players when they introduced datacons. Those players won’t come back even if datacons are removed. And if they remove datacons the whales that are addicted to spending for any monetization scheme in the game will spend less money. So then it will become even more obvious that this was a horrible decision to introduce datacons to the game. So they need to replace datacons with a new revenue stream that’s even more profitable and acceptable by the players.
    Datacons are making GAC more stale and boring. The reign of the vadercons was the stalest GAC seasons ever.

That loosing of players is totally made up.

The data dont indicate a big loss of players due to datacrons. The count of players GAC signups are pretty stable

Are whales whaling on datacrons? Seeing as it helps devalue they're investment, i'd think they'd be most upset with them. Maybe they are spending there, who knows....but yeah, GL's not getting turns is poor design - proper counter or not.

I couldn't tell you the GL team i used or who they faced in CQ, but the GL team sat there and took about 20 turns from the opponent before getting a turn - IN SECTOR 2! That's not right. I still got through with 3 starts, but on sector 2? come on.

I definitely think they're on stale level now. CQ started fun an interesting but turned into level up all the new stuff fast or you can't do much of anything past crate 4 or 5. People call it a test for a balanced roster and that's not correct. It's a test of who's paid up the most to have all the required toons.

The game cruised past the 8 figure mark a good while ago. The incessant need to squeeze every last penny they can from people is hurting more than helping. The balance really needs to start tipping more towards being fun than grind...there used to be a better balance. There's no balance any more it is very tilted to one side.
  • Oh now we want to ban Conquest too? I might be on board with that.

The data dont indicate a big loss of players due to datacrons. The count of players GAC signups are pretty stable

It’s not made up. Going by the metrics done by third party companies monitoring mobile games there was a significant loss of players with the introduction of datacons.

It’s not made up. Going by the metrics done by third party companies monitoring mobile games there was a significant loss of players with the introduction of datacons.

What third party companies?
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • dhwo wrote: »
    12thParsec wrote: »

So you think because you have invested real money in some toons it entitles you to get a win? Datacrons are garbage but you’re reason to be against is ridiculous. You should use a legit counter instead of complaining.

I think that if a character is called a galactic legend it should not be beaten by a journey guide character to the point the GL and his whole team do not take a single turn. The more resources you put into a character the better he should be. I guarantee you Dr alphra even with a Level 9 DC is not more spent resources than JML to where he doesn’t even get one turn.
  • For those wondering the composition it was JML, JKL, JKR, Jolee, GMY. The picture below is after Dr alphra has taken several turns and JML turn meter is not even at 50%.
    2f5wjiqvjvey.png
  • nfidel2k wrote: »
    CG is in a tough spot, they already lost a large chunk of players when they introduced datacons. Those players won’t come back even if datacons are removed. And if they remove datacons the whales that are addicted to spending for any monetization scheme in the game will spend less money. So then it will become even more obvious that this was a horrible decision to introduce datacons to the game. So they need to replace datacons with a new revenue stream that’s even more profitable and acceptable by the players.

What third party companies?

Just an independent unbiased 3rd party company.
    They're called WeHateDatacrons Inc.
  • cboath7 wrote: »
    CG is in a tough spot, they already lost a large chunk of players when they introduced datacons. Those players won’t come back even if datacons are removed. And if they remove datacons the whales that are addicted to spending for any monetization scheme in the game will spend less money. So then it will become even more obvious that this was a horrible decision to introduce datacons to the game. So they need to replace datacons with a new revenue stream that’s even more profitable and acceptable by the players.

Are whales whaling on datacrons?

This.
    If they are, that means that CG is getting massive revinue on this every other month (or whenever dcs come out). Since they are temporary, if someone likes the current one they have, they are likely to buy the next to see how good that is. If they like that, the next, and so on. Forever and ever amen
  • There probably are some whales spending big $$ on DCs, but I’m not sure why. If you spend a decent amount of crystals (no whaling required) on Conquest and finish early, you can amass a very decent DC collection through the extra node battles.
  • 12thParsec wrote: »
    For those wondering the composition it was JML, JKL, JKR, Jolee, GMY. The picture below is after Dr alphra has taken several turns and JML turn meter is not even at 50%.
    2f5wjiqvjvey.png

Seems like Aphra is winning so easily that 0-0-0 just isn't caring anymore.
    Hello there.
  • Isn’t it part of the came to use squads that can beat the opponent?

I mean, if we all cried about getting beaten by a lower tier squad, this forum would be chockablock with similar threads.
  • I mean that’s how I get my DCs and it works well in A2, but I don’t have nearly as many DCs as the top level K1 players, and no maxed out ones currently (watch a Xaereth or Ahnald steam they must have like 40-50+ fully maxed out DCs). Not sure if you can reliably get to that point without spending to chase the desired combos, but for the rest of us this strategy works really well.
    There probably are some whales spending big $$ on DCs, but I’m not sure why. If you spend a decent amount of crystals (no whaling required) on Conquest and finish early, you can amass a very decent DC collection through the extra node battles.