Sims

Prev1
Hey guys just curious does there seem to be a better drop rate for the amount that u do? I no i do 3 on a regular basis unless it's cantina or mod (don't ask me y idk just habit and that's what iv always done)... what do u guys do and do u have hard numbers for said numbers?

Replies

• Drop rates for characters/ships usually are around 30% or something along those lines
  • There’s no difference between doing 3 at a time, or 20 at a time. The drop rate is the same.
  • KDC99X wrote: »
    There’s no difference between doing 3 at a time, or 20 at a time. The drop rate is the same.

Yet, somehow different
  • Yorky which do you feel is better?
  • I have times where I'll do 3s and pull 0 for a whole refresh... surely if I did the whole thing it wouldn't pull 0?
  • There is no point in any hand-wringing over this. Sim 2 at a time, 3 at a time, 20 at a time: the RNG is the same.
    There’s no difference between doing 3 at a time, or 20 at a time. The drop rate is the same.

Yet, somehow different

And you have tracked data to show this difference?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    KDC99X wrote: »

Yet, somehow different

Drop rate and the drops you get are two different things.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Since I guess I can’t post a link without approval… google “Gambler’s Fallacy”
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Since I guess I can’t post a link without approval…

if only you had at least 1k posts but not more than 33k
  • Nrm53 wrote: »
    Yorky which do you feel is better?

I prefer to do 3 at a time on simming for gear, but for shards I do all 5 (on hard battles)
  • yolkywareagle
    1016 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Morgoth01 wrote: »

Yet, somehow different

And you have tracked data to show this difference?

I will test starting tomorrow until february 28 and then I will let you know.

Edit: Ok. I will be simming 3 on the main and all on the alt. Both will come from the same node (7-B light). I will only record my first 144 stamina bc i am saving crystals for SEE. Just created a chart, and I will let you know at the end of the month. FYI, this is sim for gear (kryotechs), and not for shards.
    Also, I will switch to dark 8-A when i finish prerequisites for SEE.
  • I sim at night and seem to have better results
    all the Jedi say I’m pretty fly for a Qui guy
  • Great then i can stack the odds
    I sim at night and seem to have better results

• TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Nrm53 wrote: »

I prefer to do 3 at a time on simming for gear

why
  • TVF wrote: »

why

Idk tbh. Just feels better. and bc of myths.

why

Idk tbh. Just feels better. and bc of myths.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    feels and myths don't matter for results
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

Hi @Ultra

Ok but i’m not going to try to swim a million feet deep in the Pacific

What does that have to do with simming?
    all the Jedi say I’m pretty fly for a Qui guy

What does that have to do with simming?

No just myths and feelings
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Maybe they meant they aren't going to sim a million feet deep
  • OR you could save yourself the time and wasted resources, and use search functions to find that this has already been answered/proven multiple times (and look up “Gambler’s Fallacy” while you’re at it).

Plus, if there were different drop rates based on how many sims you do at once, don’t you think those who examine the game code would know and inform the community? It would be pretty common knowledge if that was the case.

Question - do you think that the odds of getting a particular result on a singular dice roll, is at all dependent on how many times you roll the dice before or after?

Edit: Ok. I will be simming 3 on the main and all on the alt. Both will come from the same node (7-B light). I will only record my first 144 stamina bc i am saving crystals for SEE. Just created a chart, and I will let you know at the end of the month. FYI, this is sim for gear (kryotechs), and not for shards.

• Lol well at the rate I’m going should get there soon enough… B)
    Ultra wrote: »

OR you could save yourself the time and wasted resources, and use search functions to find that this has already been answered/proven multiple times (and look up “Gambler’s Fallacy” while you’re at it).

Plus, if there were different drop rates based on how many sims you do at once, don’t you think those who examine the game code would know and inform the community? It would be pretty common knowledge if that was the case.

Question - do you think that the odds of getting a particular result on a singular dice roll, is at all dependent on how many times you roll the dice before or after?

Ok then I wont
    OR you could save yourself the time and wasted resources, and use search functions to find that this has already been answered/proven multiple times (and look up “Gambler’s Fallacy” while you’re at it).

Ok then I wont

The world of science suffers another loss

Ok then I wont

The world of science suffers another loss

Ok then i will.
  • Great then i can stack the odds
    I sim at night and seem to have better results

It wouldn't be scientific to have both variables in the same experiment. You want to do the 3 vs all in February, then in March do only batches in 3s but do them only during daytime, and in April do only batches in 3 but do them only during nighttime.