TW matters and Make TW great again

Only a 81 mil Gp difference. So where’s the fun in that matchmaking. Don’t say join a better guild I’m right where I belong.
Better off doing Tw like gac in a season/playoff format and gp based like all matchmaking should be. At least it would be more realistic fair

Replies

• Only a 81 mil Gp difference. So where’s the fun in that matchmaking. Don’t say join a better guild I’m right where I belong.
    Better off doing Tw like gac in a season/playoff format and gp based like all matchmaking should be. At least it would be more realistic fair
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    MM is such that if you have a winning streak you will run into guilds you can't beat and if you have a losing streak you will run into guilds you will walk over

I think you will end up with 2 wins / 2 losses per month on average unless your guild somehow manages to outperform in one of the battles
  • Ultra wrote: »

I think you will end up with 2 wins / 2 losses per month on average unless your guild somehow manages to outperform in one of the battles

Or 1 win and 3 losses if you guild has someone that puts g8 on the front line
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Only a 81 mil Gp difference. So where’s the fun in that matchmaking. Don’t say join a better guild I’m right where I belong.

So keep match making the same? TW matchmaking is mostly gp based, which is the worst form of matchmaking.

I don't really like TW or GAC however GAC match making with skill rating is far better.

Want to make TW great let guilds see who is preloading. That would be the best change they could make to TW right now.
  • DirtyGloves
    57 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    An 81 mil gp advantage isn’t fair and if the matchmaking is already gp based then there’s another bug CG needs to fix
  • Deathbringer59
    562 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    1rqmsckxbqbo.jpg

Do you see the match up against Mighty Chlorians? They were almost 100m more gp then us when we fought. We still beat them though. GP is not everything. Mods, datacrons and strategy all helped out in war
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    An 81 mil gp advantage isn’t fair and if the matchmaking is already gp based then there’s another bug CG needs to fix

Yes it is mostly gp based and the part that many forget is it is total GP of joined players (which you cannot see of your opponent) this is why you can be matched with a guild that is has 100 more or less go than yours. 10 players with 10mil gp each sit out tw the joined gp is 100 mil less, aka sandbagging.

I mentioned before and CG doesn't care, most of these complaints of "why is my guild matched against a guild will XY more GP" than mine would be easy to answer if they just showed both guilds joined GP.
  • What TW needs is more TB like rewards or something better at least.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    I just hate it and still hope it goes away.
  • scuba wrote: »

Would you want something to replace it?
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    scuba wrote: »

Sure as long as I don't have to have 25 to 30 of my guild all have to do something in the first 6 hours to continue on.
    That is my issue with it, the locked territory, which is needed for the way it works, but I can't just go in and do my stuff and be done when I have time (same with other guild members). Yes I know raids have a similar thing but after a few runs/months don't even need that.

And preloading...... I swear CG refuses to provide the officer tools that we want just to create more frustration because frustration leads some to spending (not me they don't get my $$$)
  • I clicked on this post hoping to see some exciting ideas to make TW more fun just to realize I have been click-baited by another matchmaking rant post.
  • Omg… THIS. ALL. DAY. LONG.

WHY can’t officers manually move squads for better positioning??!? Would make things SO much easier. The complete and utter lack of ANY decent guild management tools is an abomination against God on par with **** & Gomorrah.

And preloading...... I swear CG refuses to provide the officer tools that we want just to create more frustration because frustration leads some to spending (not me they don't get my $$$)

• TVF
    36523 posts Member
    What TW needs is more TB like rewards or something better at least.

the rewards are better if your guild has more gp
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

I have heard. But, i think they should be on par with what you are making in tb. They shouldn’t be worse. maybe if they shifted the rewards down a couple slots and filled in 1 and 2 (maybe 3) with some even better rewards that would help.
  • OccamsRazor76
    18 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    5darzk86mgms.png

I know this is "anecdotal" but we were not on a hot streak when we received our special invitation to be curb stomped. We keep see-sawing back and forth between guilds that get beat down by us and those that kick our teeth in.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    5darzk86mgms.png

I know this is "anecdotal" but we were not on a hot streak when we received our special invitation to be curb stomped. We keep see-sawing back and forth between guilds that get beat down by us and those that kick our teeth in.

How many defense teams per territory did you have to set? My guess is it wasn't max because your opponent probably had 50-60 mil GP sitting out.
  • OccamsRazor76
    18 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Can't remember exactly. Probably 32. I obviously know they went in with less than 50 members. It's the only way the GP would have matched up. There was a comment earlier in this thread that MM is based on your current win steak. My post was an anecdotal rebuttal. It's based off of GP, which most of us know. Although we do have a .500 win rate the last 8 TWs so maybe it's WAI. But none of these matchups have been competitive.
  • TVF
    36523 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

I have heard. But, i think they should be on par with what you are making in tb. They shouldn’t be worse. maybe if they shifted the rewards down a couple slots and filled in 1 and 2 (maybe 3) with some even better rewards that would help.

Well I can't get droid brains or DC reroll mats from TB...
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH