Proving Grounds for Interceptor

Replies

• hsv216 wrote: »
    **** are CG smoking? Why make these things so difficult for players that obviously didn't have the rosters to get the toons in conquest initially? This is just frustrating and unenjoyable.

This convinces me even more that they don't test the game at all.

Agree. It's a tough catch up mechanism.
  • Jojophoenix15
    23 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    JMK/GK/CAT/Padme/AT works but after some tries. RNGesus must bless you with GI not doing his mass ability block...
  • Back to my other comment — abusive relationship.
  • Utter rubbish Tie Defender run on proving grounds!!!! Only one round for all GLs?! Rubbish!!!
  • I’ve tried this with multiple gls and no luck. WHAT is this CG??!! It’s almost unwinnable
  • jcrdekdt9y2k.jpg
  • Lumiya
    1435 posts Member
    This is absolutely ridiculous! Did they just accidentally use a mission from the new TB's last phase or something? I am speechless!
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • YOUniverse
    42 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    3 stars with this Sith trio+Malak+ LV
  • Bourne_Gin_Oh
    13 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    CG said we would have fun with Datacrons. Big lie. This latest proving ground is also a definition of NOT FUN! This is the second dumbest thing to come into the game in recent months.
  • They just added TIE interceptor to proving grounds. The ship will be in after this current conquest. They add the unit to PG after the first of three instead of at the end of the third.

So now that it's there, how to beat it? I don't even get a turn with my GL Luke team, and one shot kills with GL Sith Eternal.

• TheGamingGeek
    75 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    yea its super hard
  • JMK/GK/CAT/Padme/AT works but after some tries. RNGesus must bless you with GI not doing his mass ability block...

Doesn't work because of GI's unique, after GI takes his first turn his TM doesn't drop because there's enough stacks of purge, and he instantly does the mass ability block every time
  • i wish my inquisitors were that good, this new event mission is insanely hard, my r8 sllkr dies within a few hits against a RELIC 3 TEAM.
  • Hey CG instead of worrying about why people who have a 7 star can play it how about worrying about how it's basically impossible to beat.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    hsv216 wrote: »
    **** are CG smoking? Why make these things so difficult for players that obviously didn't have the rosters to get the toons in conquest initially? This is just frustrating and unenjoyable.

People worked hard in previous conquest to get these toons, makes sense those who missed out also have to put in effort into acquiring them
  • For those without traya, Rey gk wat hyoda fifth of your choosing. Speed tech rey. Gk gets damage immunity and just gets pounded. Inqs die to dots and ww. Not fun but not impossible
  • Took more than a few tries but did it with Jabba/Boushh/Krrsantan/Skiff/Gamo - None of them survived, so it didn't matter... Spammed Illcit Business until all of the Inquisitors killed themselves off and built up Ultimate, Rancor finisher
  • I got through it with SEE(L), Malak, Malgus, Traya, and DRevan. Link GI and Reva and hit ultimate
  • Ultra wrote: »

People worked hard in previous conquest to get these toons, makes sense those who missed out also have to put in effort into acquiring them

Only slightly disagree. Waiting a year for a catchup mechanic to kick in is punishment enough for not “working hard.” I’d rather have potential recruits have old conquest units more than I worry about potential gac/tw opponents not putting in enough “effort.”
  • Can also confirm Sith Trio works. Did it with Malak/Talon as the adds.

Here’s the thing that’s still pretty disgusting about PG: stop gaslighting us and presenting these characters as “R3”. They’re nowhere near R3. Just present things as they are.
  • TheGamingGeek
    75 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Ultra wrote: »

effort? you call only being able to use gl's for this event for starters and every gl that most people have dying in a few hits against a relic 3 inquisitrash team effort? we already put in the effort with getting the gl's in the first place.
  • Is this a joke?
  • Drathuk916 wrote: »
    For those without traya, Rey gk wat hyoda fifth of your choosing. Speed tech rey. Gk gets damage immunity and just gets pounded. Inqs die to dots and ww. Not fun but not impossible

Thanks for this. I guess I have a month to work on my triunvirate...
  • Drathuk916 wrote: »
    For those without traya, Rey gk wat hyoda fifth of your choosing. Speed tech rey. Gk gets damage immunity and just gets pounded. Inqs die to dots and ww. Not fun but not impossible

Thanks for this. I guess I have a month to work on my triunvirate...

Glad it worked for you
  • Ultra wrote: »

Effort, yes, but this really stacked against non-whale players. I've spent some money on the game here and there, but with all due respect this is really stacked against the average player. Thus far, all of the other events in PG have felt tough but fair, but not this one. Getting only 20 shards per event without a massive 2200 crystal refresh isn't rewarding players who couldn't get them on their initial run. It's not a fair argument. The average player still takes great pride in their rosters, accomplishments, and defeating very tough (GAS comes to mind) events. With the short window we're given very little time to theorycraft these encounters, and it furthermore makes players feel punished who weren't in a position to get it.

In other words, I'm okay with a world where the top players/spenders get first crack at the new toys. It's fine, they've done the work and spent (a LOT) money on this game. F2P and those who don't spend considerable amounts of money on the game, and newer players, wouldn't get these new conquest units until easily a year after their release, and to make an event literally harder than any encounter in hard mode conquest is really alienating to most of us.

This isn't a case of us not 'working hard enough', it's the case of making the event literally impossible for a huge swath of players, even those who have multiple GLs and GP rosters of 5+ million. How have those players not "put in effort"?
  • I was able to 1 star it with GL Rey, Ben, Heroes and Holdo, but it was just luck. Basically was able to get into Rey's ultimate stance with just her left. Inqs took like a hundred turns each and built up their DOTS. Release ultimate (which didn't event kill them all) but then they each died on their next turn from the DOTS. Was gonna try a Traya lead next if this didn't work.
  • DMG_SW wrote: »
    jcrdekdt9y2k.jpg

No, no, no. It's not just one GL, it's all five of mine. Ironically, I do not have Rey or Lord Vader, so there goes those options. And it's not just one attempt. I tried SEE with Watt amongst a number of other Sith combinations over 20 times. I only got close once, but then SEE got absolutely wrecked by an onslaught of enemy turn meter.
  • Hey CG/EA executives,

Pay your testers more, maybe you can lower your turn over rate and toxic work environment and in turn release decent content thats both balanced and bug free. You're trading a paycheck today for a bankruptcy tomorrow.

SMH.
  • So I did manage to do this with SEE, so I’m not complaining because I managed to do it.

I’m more complaining because it’s like CG doesn’t care about the community. This event takes the cake in the recent trend of CG releasing something, only to revisit it a week or two later. Traya omicron and TIE Defender, now this? When will the lesson be learned?

Is there a particular reason the Inquisitors in this Proving Grounds are set as “R3 Elite” when R8 GLs are having extreme trouble clearing the event?
  • I can confirm JMK can work with a little luck…

ntp96wixh14m.jpeg

z8ya6peincse.jpeg

Get DI on GK, ride the wave, ultimate as soon as possible (60%+) and kill GI & 7th

Be careful, 3rd will revive twice!