Jedi Consular

Prev1
Trying to get this character tagged under the "Old Republic" faction.

Replies

• TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Why though
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Why not though? Jedi Consular was one of the roles one could select in KotOR and in SWGOH, he is greatly under-used.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    An additional tag isn't going to make him good
  • Whills_Force
    199 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    [Skip]
    Post edited by Whills_Force on
  • I have an interest in a character I am using. I don't see how that degenerates into a debate about what's not good for someone else who obviously isn't interested in using said character anyway. There is plenty of space to be sour elsewhere.
  • Whills_Force
    199 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    [Pass]
  • chpMINIsolo_77
    3103 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    So, no reason besides “he should”, got it.
    That will surely convince the Devs to add that tag
  • I'd imagine they can figure it out, yes. It is better than discouraging development by saying a character is not good. I wouldn't say every character is meant for every player. Personally, I dislike Nightsisters but I have no interest in having a case for their use made to me. If I change my mind, it'll be because I found a better use for them myself. I guess that's my individualism showing. Wouldn't have it any other way.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    I'd imagine they can figure it out, yes. It is better than discouraging development by saying a character is not good. I wouldn't say every character is meant for every player. Personally, I dislike Nightsisters but I have no interest in having a case for their use made to me. If I change my mind, it'll be because I found a better use for them myself. I guess that's my individualism showing. Wouldn't have it any other way.

But you didn't ask for development (i.e. a rework or omi) you asked for an additional tag. That would not make him any better or any team any better.
  • Trying to get this character tagged under the "Old Republic" faction.

He’s also a pilot and afaik, his ship currently in the game didn’t exist during the OR. So this particular Jedi Consular is only GR.
  • Why not though? Jedi Consular was one of the roles one could select in KotOR and in SWGOH, he is greatly under-used.

Jedi (Knight) Guardian was also one of the classes in KOTOR, doesn't JG need some attention too
    all the Jedi say I’m pretty fly for a Qui guy
  • Jedi Knight Guardian is a canon character. Search up "Jedi Knight Guardian" in Wookiepedia, then you can find the page that has her name (which I've forgotten).
    Hello there.
  • Jedi Knight Guardian has some strengths. I used her temporarily (with Padme if I remember correctly), but I haven't discovered a synergy for her that hasn't been met by more gifted characters. I'd have to experiment a bit more to see where else she might fit in but I am not opposed to Guardian gaining the Old Republic tag. Thanks for the suggestion!
  • Ok, how does this look?

6rnv69ihoxws.jpg
    e24ttj8lyg5e.jpg

6rnv69ihoxws.jpg
    e24ttj8lyg5e.jpg

Looks like you wasted relic mats on JC, but as long as it makes you happy, go for it

• Looks like you wasted relic mats on JC, but as long as it makes you happy, go for it

LOL Thanks. I was expecting someone would say that.

I haven't been disappointed. Want to develop Jolee some more...and possibly Zaalbar...but I am pretty confident this will sustain me. No worries.
  • Did you relic Jedi Consular for the memes or?

6rnv69ihoxws.jpg
    e24ttj8lyg5e.jpg

There are 2 healers in this screenshot that would have been a better use of your gear and relic mats.
  • And there is no point in designing squads around tags you wished they had.
  • Whills_Force
    199 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Memes not at all a thing with me. I...didn't design these with a desired tag in mind; I already had these teams created and so the idea came after. Barris and Jolee? I would rather go with unconventional picks from time to time. For now, they are performing sufficiently as they are. I have other characters I would rather develop before coming around to them. Not sure what was meant by "better use of your gear and relic mats." The supply is only as limited as my willingness to play.

Anyone have an idea of how the mechanics of a Consular with an OR tag would work?
  • TVF wrote: »
    ...you asked for an additional tag. That would not make him any better or any team any better.

This statement I don't understand either. Tags...for factions (or otherwise) do grant a character or team more dynamic abilities through the mechanism of synergy; that's exactly what they are for.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    ...you asked for an additional tag. That would not make him any better or any team any better.

This statement I don't understand either. Tags...for factions (or otherwise) do grant a character or team more dynamic abilities through the mechanism of synergy; that's exactly what they are for.

If you just give this toon with bad kit an additional OR tag, how will that make him better? He's already bad with Jedi, he'll be just as bad with OR.
    If you just give this toon with bad kit an additional OR tag, how will that make him better? He's already bad with Jedi, he'll be just as bad with OR.

I haven't had any trouble with him. At the moment, he performs better than anyone else on the team I put him on; that's why he is still there. I am not entirely clear what is meant by "bad." The character is a healer with cooldowns that diminish with use. "Attack as Defense" packs a wallop. He functions exactly as one would expect given those features. Do you have suggestions for what should be added to this kit? I can't otherwise sort out the purpose of your comments. The only aim seems to be discouraging changes. This game is fueled on changes.

• TVF
    36524 posts Member

I haven't had any trouble with him. At the moment, he performs better than anyone else on the team I put him on; that's why he is still there. I am not entirely clear what is meant by "bad." The character is a healer with cooldowns that diminish with use. "Attack as Defense" packs a wallop. He functions exactly as one would expect given those features. Do you have suggestions for what should be added to this kit? I can't otherwise sort out the purpose of your comments. The only aim seems to be discouraging changes. This game is fueled on changes.

You didn't ask for kit changes, you asked for the addition of the OR tag. As he stands right now he's one of the worst Jedi you can use, and giving him an additional OR tag will not change that.

The game is fuelled on using good characters in teams with synergy. Jedi Consular is not good, and additional synergy with OR characters would make next to no difference to that. There is already an OR Jedi character (Juhani) that you could use to much better effect.

You continue to proffer an exceptionally vague argument to support your case: “I don’t have any trouble with him”; “they are performing sufficiently as they are”; “I haven’t been disappointed”.

Here’s some (unsolicited) advice… lots of people who are developing their roster will use sub-optimal characters in lineups until they unlock / level up the best characters for that lineup. But over-investing in the sub-optimal characters is a mistake. And asking the devs to amend the kit just because you like a character is going to fall on deaf ears.

Did you know that fewer than 1% (actually around 0.5%) of all players registered on swgoh.gg have taken Jedi Consular to relic level?
  • Whills_Force
    199 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    I don't develop characters on the basis of trends in the broader player-base.

The devs are going to do as they do. At this point I am more curious about the nature of the players such that they have such rigid views and so little faith.

I have Juhani assigned to a seperate team where she'd perform as desired, so she won't be used here. Choices are funny that way.

I wasn't aware that we needed to make arguments for preferences. My case is that I want what I want and not what someone else wants. That's not at all vague.

Still don't quite follow this "good" character/"bad" character trope. I used a useable character to fill a space and found that he did better than I expected. That's it. The synergy would be enhanced by...the tag.

Sorry my request isn't going over so well. Then again, it was meant to resolve something I thought had been overlooked. If anyone thinks the game has "bad" characters, I find it odd they'd have zero suggestions or will to remedy that.

I appreciate my Consular for the purpose I identified. I am likely to continue using him for that purpose. I have a couple more relics to apply to that team. That should do it.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    what's your gg?
    what's your gg?

You should join my guild, TV.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    what's your gg?

You should join my guild, TV.