Proving Grounds for Interceptor

Replies

• KDC99X
    750 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Yes and realistically, these PGs should be reasonably able to be beaten by SEVERAL if not MOST top tier legendary/GL teams. That’s a lot of investment to even get to that point in the first place. Artificially inflating the difficulty by jacking up the stats WAY past the presented strength level and dishing out extra mechanics to specifically disallow certain teams (Phoenix comes to mind) is just ridiculous and not fun.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    hsv216 wrote: »
    **** are CG smoking? Why make these things so difficult for players that obviously didn't have the rosters to get the toons in conquest initially? This is just frustrating and unenjoyable.

This convinces me even more that they don't test the game at all.

People worked hard in previous conquest to get these toons, makes sense those who missed out also have to put in effort into acquiring them

Not at this level of impossible. My main (10m+ GP account) already has it and I did try with it, even though I should not have had access. This has been acknowledged that those with it should not have access to it.

When I ran conquest with the main, it was no where near as difficult, especially when you have access to data disks. Here you don't have data disks, and I don't remember it being nearly as difficult in conquest.

Good luck if you have a lesser roster, as it then seems to come down to pure RNG.
    **** are CG smoking? Why make these things so difficult for players that obviously didn't have the rosters to get the toons in conquest initially? This is just frustrating and unenjoyable.

People worked hard in previous conquest to get these toons, makes sense those who missed out also have to put in effort into acquiring them

I dunno Ultra. I red-box every conquest and this feels way harder than that if you don't have one of a very few specific team comps. I only know that because it's bugged and I was able to try the mission to try to help my guild mates come up with a workable team (something I can't help them with under normal circumstances which really bothers me since we all try to help each other). At this point I'm just telling my people, "conquest is easier - just remember to do conquest so you don't have to deal with this" - but surely that's not the intention here, is it? I don't want to believe that CG would make PG this difficult just to encourage people to do conquest.

I really feel like this didn't get tested. And if it did, it didn't get tested with an appropriately sized account. I'd love to know what the design principles are when creating these proving grounds encounters. People that can take a team to relic at a moments notice probably don't need these characters - people that need these characters have already waited a year to get another shot at them. I know you don't have the answers so consider the questions rhetorical... I just feel kinda bad for my guild mates that have been waiting for this only to find out that it's still out of reach.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Instant regret on buying some crystals to unlock CAT faster, never will I spend a cent on this game. They are just mocking us, I guess they want us to quit the game sooner and get the devs to work on other projects.

Is insane how unbalanced this event is, unless you have certain toons, you got no chance to beat it, and they worry that guys who unlocked this will get 20 SSC, really ?? The jokes on us I guess.
  • Eventually got it with Jabba but this is total trash. Any GL should be able to at least 1 star this event.
  • 0mc61tg7f5jd.jpeg

This isn’t my screenshot but it looks like this team can 3* it. Can
  • Why all previous PG events was easier than this one?
  • Something evidenced by the several whale/top-level large account players that have chimed in: I have NEVER, EVER in my days playing this game, seen ANY whale complain that players who don't spend as much as them are "getting things too easy." Never. In fact, the only comments I've seen from such players, are always exactly the opposite - that they want more players to be able to access and participate in the fun parts of this game. After all, that what will make the game more fun and thrive for years to come - a healthy, happy, player base.

Yet every time something new like this comes out, that's always the rationale/company line thrown out to defend it. Stop it already, we all know it's ****.
  • RenHendar
    10 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Nm
  • I managed to barely win with r8 SEE, r7 wat, r7 Malgus, r5 Malak, r7 Dooku.

Trick was to link GI and Seventh Sister. This required (1) Speed tech on SEE and (2) malak to be attacked and shock/dispel Reva on open so that she couldn't regain taunt and force SEE to target her. Dooku also countered and stunned Reva after this.

It was extremely close, and came down to malgus dying which healed/cleansed SEE right before his instakill
  • RenHendar wrote: »
    Definitely bugged. Used JKL lead and on the attempt that he survived long enough the enemy speeds were not capped and no blue icon was applied. 9th Sister lead prevents this, not GI. Correct?

I finally was able to do it with JKL, JML, JKR, Hoda and GMY. Came down to JML and JKL wailing away at reva.
  • Ok so I finally managed to do it with the JMK/Padme team. Thanks to @Gabriele_SWGOH on the "DI on GK" tip. Took 3-4 tries - GK needs to survive the opening slaughter, and JMK needs to somehow not get AB'ed.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    DeusArt wrote: »
    Why all previous PG events was easier than this one?

Have you tried Traya?

People are saying its a walk in the park with Traya
  • xeplwve2q6qm.jpg

Key difference was weapons tech on SEE instead of tank. Link Reva and GI. 2nd try with it, the first attempt GI did his big hit and killed Malgus. I cleansed Wat instead of spreading tech.

Its not hard work that players expended in conquest to get the interceptor, more like it was early players expending lots of resources (through crystal refreshes and battle passes) to get it, but wasn't hard or at least as hard as this challenge is. If you have a roster to play hard node it is only a matter of time to get it. Even now you can buy interceptor shards in the conquest store.

This Challenge is ridiculous as it requires a roster beyond what is required for success in the Galactic Conquest hard node.

I would gladly purchase a pass to get the shards from this event.
  • This was my solution, ben solo is slow af. They like to tunnel on the weakest, so chances are they are going to destroy Bens TM during the DI couple of times. +2 is kinda irrlevant, I opted for revan + jkl. Got me a stun but that's all. i63zbcwx2pff.jpg

Have you tried Traya?

Who is saying it?
  • DeusArt
    128 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Ultra wrote: »

Have you tried Traya?

My Traya is not reliced.

But for me works this SEE, BAM, Bossk. Just need to put Bossk in taunt and Damage Immunity.

piym3eq5ns1r.png
  • rickertron wrote: »
    This Challenge is ridiculous as it requires a roster beyond what is required for success in the Galactic Conquest hard node.

I agree - I can't wrap my head around this.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.

Have you tried Traya?

Why should someone need Traya vs. one of the GL's to complete the event? GL's are premiere units and in theory are the ones that players have worked the hardest or spent the most to get. Therefore having a GL should be enough pass the squirrel catcher and win the interreceptor shards. Crazy to think a player with no GL's and high reliced Traya team can beat it vs. player with GL's.

Have you tried Traya?

Wow. Just wow.

People have said it's possible with Traya. No one has said it was a "walk in the park" or "easy" in the slightest. Let alone most folks have stated that it's requiring a team comp of characters that most newer players don't have access too. Proving Grounds is supposed to be a challenging catchup mechanic for players who have access to normal Conquest. These challenges should be INLINE with the requirements of Conquest, not blatantly lied to by the information presented to them in game.

What's most sad about this is that you're a moderator here and you're actively gaslighting people who have come to this forum to report on an issue they're having in the game. I.E. - the game communicating a requirement of R3 that is grossly not what is actually required of the player to accomplish this mission. An issue that is effecting everyone who doesn't have the EXACT team comp you need to get through it or were able to get through it because RNG fell in their favor.

Shame on you.
  • I was able to finally 1 star it with SEE (lead), Traya, Malek, Wat and EP (although EP did nothing here). I put BlasTech on SEE, which did allow him to boost up his turn meter and neutralized Reva's revives. I linked Reva and 2nd Sister as she seemed to take a lot of turns. Traya was able to act as a tank after Malek went down, and I was able to get an isolate on GI which did help. Once SEE went ultimate and get Reva eliminated I could clean up the rest.

I'm going to re-iterate my original comment however. This is not a balanced fight in the least. Through dumb chance I'd just gotten my Traya to R5, and I don't think I'd have been able to do this fight without that. And the same combo didn't work the first 10 times either, so it was really all RNG that allowed me to eke out a win here. I'm okay with a fair but challenging encounter, but that's simply not the case here. At least in Conquest you get all of your extra buffs, but that's not the case here.

I've never before actually logged in to complain about an event. It's a bad design if only a very limited number of characters can complete an event, and makes it completely unfair to players who have otherwise a very robust roster but didn't invest in very specific characters.
  • At what point do they change the system for proving grounds as a whole? If it keeps going down this route people will never get these characters UNLESS they spend. It’s supposed to be a catch up mechanic, yet you need to be caught up already in order to complete it. I would like to see an account at 4M GP try to do all of the nodes. I’m at 4.6 and I can only do 2-3.

CG: “Oh you didn’t complete conquest hard? Here’s some pain and suffering.”
  • do u guys think that i should zeta my gear 8 traya and try it with see requirements sith?? i dont have see yet
  • Thanks @The_Dude. Finally did the trick 😁
  • gymghi wrote: »
    did it with GL Rey, Bando, Raid han, cat, dash

most other teams died instantly, interestingly
    GL Rey, jtr, ben, can't remember who else, i got bored, it got down to just JTR and Reva trading blows

That's the only way I could beat it. Put it on auto and after Reva died 3 times (and half hour later) I got the shards.
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • Arbitier wrote: »
    Wow. Just wow.

People have said it's possible with Traya. No one has said it was a "walk in the park" or "easy" in the slightest.

I thought it was pretty easy with Traya. Tough to say for sure since we can't replay it, but I beat it first try with her and she and Nihlus were never close to dying. Others in my guild had the same experience. This was at R5 with no GL support.

• im trying now with slkr lead, bmando and bountyhunter, everybody is dead but boba is alive with damage imu, they are killing themself, but reva killed boba after all inqui were dead
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

Have you tried Traya?

It's RNG. Took me 6 tries with Traya-Trio Malak LV
  • Like I predicted when PG was first announced, it seems CG have tuned it to the extent that only one or two squads are capable of surviving.