December Squish: We're down to 2776 in kyber 1! 0.88% of players.

2Next

Replies

• StarSon wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »
    Ok so they just decided to no longer meet their stated intentions then.

No, those were not intentions. Those were the details of how the squish worked.

Lol ok, consider me lawyered I guess.

2v7hlqz1z55f.png

Meaning you're hiding behind a technicality, but that's fine.

No I understood. But it was a great opportunity for a HIMYM reference.
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    Ok so they just decided to no longer meet their stated intentions then.

No, those were not intentions. Those were the details of how the squish worked.

More like how the squish was supposed to work. I don't put as much blind faith in CG that this is working as intended considering the number of bugs and unintentional interactions lately...

It's been this way for a year. People have asked about it. CG has said nothing further. It clearly does what they want or they would have changed it by now.

Or they just don't care enough to change it and are just letting it ride.

Unless they comment that it's doing what they intend, I'm gonna choose to believe they don't know it's not working as intended or are technically incapable of fixing it. It's not like they haven't ignored other things that were broken for a year or longer. (Missing button bug for instance)
  • Lumiya
    1435 posts Member
    Just for demonstration purposes

g2ji5qha1gwc.jpg
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • 0dysseusK
    78 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Either CG recognizes this as a problem and just hasn't prioritized fixing it yet, in which case some communication and a little more urgency would be appreciated, or CG doesn't see this as a problem, in which case it is out of touch with what motivates K1 and K2 competitive players.

Players can win more than half their matches, improve their rank, and still lose skill points and so slide into lower divisions. That feels fundamentally unfair, as if the game is rigged to demoralize its most zealous and persistent competitors. Worse than that, if it's intentional, it appears to be a bait and switch. When crystals were shifted from arena to GAC, players were reassured that, on average, this would yield better crystal income for them. But whether on purpose or by neglect, the skill squish bleeds crystal income away from many of the top players.
  • CG has fixed plenty of obvious problems with the game in the past, if more slowly than players would like. This is an obvious problem that needs attention sooner rather than later. CG doesn't need to reduce players' crystal income by squishing them out of K1 & K2. It has already put progressively more pressure on players' crystal budgets by adding desirable Conquest energy refreshes (especially for datacron farming) and refreshes for high-priority capital ship events.

The skill squish has already needlessly embittered thousands of players who have dropped out of K1 or K2 in spite of maintaining or improving their level of play, and it frustrates others who, like me, sense the futility of trying to stay in their current division. In addition, the squish reduces the motivation for players to try to climb into K1, because it is becoming increasingly unattainable. If this frustration isn't fully represented here on the forums, it's because it's buried here in the feedback section. There's ongoing and plentiful annoyance being voiced on discord.

CG, please fix this. Tell us you will.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Use "discussions" and nothing is buried.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussions
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH