Proving Grounds for Interceptor

Replies

• Easy mode: Traya, Nihilus, Sion, Malak, LV. LV didn’t feel strictly necessary. R5 trio, R7/8 Malak/LV.

Seen screenshots of Rex lead BB (without omega) all R5 winning with supposed standard mods.
    Can’t try myself as I already did it, but would suggest those struggling to try it.
  • Lumiya
    1435 posts Member
    DMG_SW wrote: »
    Arbitier wrote: »
    Wow. Just wow.

People have said it's possible with Traya. No one has said it was a "walk in the park" or "easy" in the slightest.

I thought it was pretty easy with Traya. Tough to say for sure since we can't replay it, but I beat it first try with her and she and Nihlus were never close to dying. Others in my guild had the same experience. This was at R5 with no GL support.

And yet in my guild even the high players with really good mods had their Traya teams without GL die when they tried it to see if they can find something to help those that still need the shards.

I am just so glad I maxed the ship while it was still in the Shop for currency, I would be so angry right now if I needed a few shards and would be stuck just because I don't have the right GLs or toons.

How are newer players whom could not play hard when the ship was in Conquest supposed to feel? It's like a punishment just because they haven't started playing 5 years ago. With something like this CG tells all the newer players whom could not participate (enough) that they should forget about getting those shards for a very long time.

I am absolutely concerned how much harder every additional tiers might become, for example Malgus.
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    rickertron wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    DeusArt wrote: »
    Why all previous PG events was easier than this one?

Have you tried Traya?

People are saying its a walk in the park with Traya

Why should someone need Traya vs. one of the GL's to complete the event? GL's are premiere units and in theory are the ones that players have worked the hardest or spent the most to get. Therefore having a GL should be enough pass the squirrel catcher and win the interreceptor shards. Crazy to think a player with no GL's and high reliced Traya team can beat it vs. player with GL's.

this is a game based strategy and abilities, some of the best units in the game might not have the right abilities to win some battles

That's why

No, having a GL doesn't mean you should be given freebies on every node in the game
  • DMG_SW wrote: »
    Wow. Just wow.

People have said it's possible with Traya. No one has said it was a "walk in the park" or "easy" in the slightest.

I thought it was pretty easy with Traya. Tough to say for sure since we can't replay it, but I beat it first try with her and she and Nihlus were never close to dying. Others in my guild had the same experience. This was at R5 with no GL support.

You're the first one in this whole chain to call this easy so you can say I was wrong because you said it.

It doesn't change the critique people have of the event requiring a specific team comp or characters that the average player who needs a catchup mechanic will have. It also doesn't change the fact that the requirement is listed as R3 which implies a player with an R3 average on their roster should be able to finish it which is blatantly not the case.

Again, this is supposed to be a catchup mechanic for the average player that missed these characters being in Conquest. This isn't possible to complete without exact team comps while all the other PR stages can be accomplished with most teams that meet the R3 requirement. It's poorly designed to the point of being almost a blatant lie in its presentation.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

Have you tried Traya?

Wow. Just wow.

People have said it's possible with Traya. No one has said it was a "walk in the park" or "easy" in the slightest. Let alone most folks have stated that it's requiring a team comp of characters that most newer players don't have access too. Proving Grounds is supposed to be a challenging catchup mechanic for players who have access to normal Conquest. These challenges should be INLINE with the requirements of Conquest, not blatantly lied to by the information presented to them in game.

What's most sad about this is that you're a moderator here and you're actively gaslighting people who have come to this forum to report on an issue they're having in the game. I.E. - the game communicating a requirement of R3 that is grossly not what is actually required of the player to accomplish this mission. An issue that is effecting everyone who doesn't have the EXACT team comp you need to get through it or were able to get through it because RNG fell in their favor.

Shame on you.

R3 is a requirement to attempt

not a guarantee to victory

CG would've made the requirements a lot higher but the community is always against having higher requirements (and for good reason)
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited February 2023

Have you tried Traya?

Like very very very long and boring walk - until either palps gets to ultimate or lowader makes 3 of it. And only if luck allows them to stand 1v1 against reviva
  • dcurbano
    1 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    uv104cqnpz86.jpg
    9b3qg9ox5glh.jpg
    DONE
  • Ultra wrote: »

Have you tried Traya?

Wow. Just wow.

People have said it's possible with Traya. No one has said it was a "walk in the park" or "easy" in the slightest. Let alone most folks have stated that it's requiring a team comp of characters that most newer players don't have access too. Proving Grounds is supposed to be a challenging catchup mechanic for players who have access to normal Conquest. These challenges should be INLINE with the requirements of Conquest, not blatantly lied to by the information presented to them in game.

What's most sad about this is that you're a moderator here and you're actively gaslighting people who have come to this forum to report on an issue they're having in the game. I.E. - the game communicating a requirement of R3 that is grossly not what is actually required of the player to accomplish this mission. An issue that is effecting everyone who doesn't have the EXACT team comp you need to get through it or were able to get through it because RNG fell in their favor.

Shame on you.

R3 is a requirement to attempt

not a guarantee to victory

CG would've made the requirements a lot higher but the community is always against having higher requirements (and for good reason)

why are the enemy units at relic 3 then
  • Devian
    663 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    This isn't possible to complete without exact team comps while all the other PR stages can be accomplished with most teams that meet the R3 requirement. It's poorly designed to the point of being almost a blatant lie in its presentation.
    yep, you need LV around r8, better r9 and others r6, better r7 and all 6a mods :)
    and luck! Without luck baldie will survive and your team will die

• guys i beat the proving grounds with SLKR r7 lead, BOSK r6 , BESKAR MANDO r5, KRU r7 and FIRST ORDER STORMTROOPER r5!!!!! u will need good rng, kru and fost will fall fast but if mando uses imunnity on bosk ur SLKR will kill the rest, but u need to FOCUS REVA and u cant kill second and seventh sister too fast because u need them to remove bosk turn meter so hes perma dmg imunnity!!
  • dcurbano wrote: »
    uv104cqnpz86.jpg
    9b3qg9ox5glh.jpg
    DONE
    Nice!!! Awsome work!!
  • 652a3wpgykch.png

Don't worry about cad bane, I had to screen shot on a DS battle. I lost Sion but everyone else survived.
  • Is the difficulty as intended? Just looking for the confirmation as I don't have see or sith triumvirate at r3.
  • As stupid as this thing is, this got me 2 stars on my alt. Took me a lot of attempts, but at least I know it "can" be done if you have lower relic Sith. I am not saying that you can do it with this team, but it did take me a LOT of attempts.

i9s182lg9ew7.png

• hsv216 wrote: »
    As stupid as this thing is, this got me 2 stars on my alt. Took me a lot of attempts, but at least I know it "can" be done if you have lower relic Sith. I am not saying that you can do it with this team, but it did take me a LOT of attempts.

i9s182lg9ew7.png

Did it on my main with same team, and it worked first go. Even after failing a lot on the main as well.
  • 07oldzagvrn4.png
    Took some time but I achieved it with this team.
    The key was letting windu take damage, so anakin took a turn and then padme (before GI ability blocked). Kenobi gains courage, ignores taunt and can one shot GI. CAT is useful to get rid of one of Reva's 3 lives but after that it's a slow grind on the other two.
  • I managed it 2* with SEE lead, bossk, BAM, Wat and Jango. Used shield generator on Bossk and get damage immunity in him asap. Cleanse with Wat. Link Reeva and GI until See can use ult. lost Wat to DOT which I could have cleansed but instead used it on Bossk to keep him alive.
  • SotaDraken
    447 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Why does this have to be tuned this hard?

What's the purpose of this?

CG, you're drunk.. Go home
  • Affy wrote: »
    I managed it 2* with SEE lead, bossk, BAM, Wat and Jango. Used shield generator on Bossk and get damage immunity in him asap. Cleanse with Wat. Link Reeva and GI until See can use ult. lost Wat to DOT which I could have cleansed but instead used it on Bossk to keep him alive.

This one worked for me, only managed the 1* but I'll take it (yikes)
    rickertron wrote: »

Have you tried Traya?

Why should someone need Traya vs. one of the GL's to complete the event? GL's are premiere units and in theory are the ones that players have worked the hardest or spent the most to get. Therefore having a GL should be enough pass the squirrel catcher and win the interreceptor shards. Crazy to think a player with no GL's and high reliced Traya team can beat it vs. player with GL's.

this is a game based strategy and abilities, some of the best units in the game might not have the right abilities to win some battles

That's why

No, having a GL doesn't mean you should be given freebies on every node in the game

Not asking for a freebie just using your previously stated reasoning that players who have worked hard should get the rewards. Which obviously is not the case here.

Yes the game involves strategy and ability. But in this case the game doesn't involve a strategy, it requires one to have a specific toon. If you have the toon you win. Spare us the sanctimony of it being about skill and hard work.

I don't mind trying to solve the puzzle and employ a strategy with the wide range of powerful characters at my disposal, but when none of them have ability required, no amount of strategy and skill is going to get me a win. Guess I will work hard now to add another toon so I have the requisite strategy and ability to win.

hsv216 wrote: »
    **** are CG smoking? Why make these things so difficult for players that obviously didn't have the rosters to get the toons in conquest initially? This is just frustrating and unenjoyable.

This convinces me even more that they don't test the game at all.

People worked hard in previous conquest to get these toons, makes sense those who missed out also have to put in effort into acquiring them

That answer is complete and utter nonsense. Yes, they put the effort in to unlock the toons and earned the reward of having them before anybody else.
    But all the other players had wait for them to enter proving grounds, and then pay an incredible amount of crystals per refresh or wait quite some time to unlock those units.
    And now the catch up mechanic for Normal mode players, which can't even earn enough shards to complete them, and most probably also worked hard, is nigh impossible.
    So yeah, that fight is broken, it's unenjoyable, unplayable for quite many players and just an insult to any player that tried to maximise their shards in normal or hard.
  • Slap in the face to the players, ridiculous!
  • Beside that, stating that having a GL is a freebie, does this guy even realise that it takes 1.5 years to get to 4mil gp, and 1-2 GL at most in that time ???

Something is wrong with that way of thinking, sorry to say this.
  • Got it after more than 100 tries with SEE, Malak, Malgus, Talon and Wat. Speed tech on SEE, linked 3rd and 7th and RNGesus helped just before SEE got his ultimate. I was down to Malak barely standing, SEE and a third character which was killed and it triggered the healing on Malak which was a distraction until SEE zapped two of them. Relinked GI and 2nd, zapped again and 5th was easy pickings after. Horrible event, I'm glad I already have the ship at 7 stars. Thanks for the free shards! Byeeeee!
  • ZubenX wrote: »
    Beside that, stating that having a GL is a freebie, does this guy even realise that it takes 1.5 years to get to 4mil gp, and 1-2 GL at most in that time ???

Something is wrong with that way of thinking, sorry to say this.

Yeah, because investing about half a year to one year to unlock one of the ultimate toons of this game is somehow getting a freebie. No idea why he defends this fight, it just seems like nobody actually tested the interactions.
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member

Have you tried Traya?

Wow. Just wow.

Shame on you.

I’ll say it then: it was a walk in the park with Traya lead. Got it first time I tried.
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    DMG_SW wrote: »
    Wow. Just wow.

You're the first one in this whole chain to call this easy so you can say I was wrong because you said it.

It doesn't change the critique people have of the event requiring a specific team comp or characters that the average player who needs a catchup mechanic will have. It also doesn't change the fact that the requirement is listed as R3 which implies a player with an R3 average on their roster should be able to finish it which is blatantly not the case.

Again, this is supposed to be a catchup mechanic for the average player that missed these characters being in Conquest. This isn't possible to complete without exact team comps while all the other PR stages can be accomplished with most teams that meet the R3 requirement. It's poorly designed to the point of being almost a blatant lie in its presentation.

The average player should have sith trio. They are a stock standard team, have been around and easily available to any half decent player for longer than I can remember (people have said HSR should be simmable for years, that’s how easy it is), and have a very useful and well known mechanic which is needed here. If you don’t have them, then you’re not as ‘average’ as you think.
  • Tiig
    296 posts Member
    Devian wrote: »

Have you tried Traya?

Like very very very long and boring walk - until either palps gets to ultimate or lowader makes 3 of it. And only if luck allows them to stand 1v1 against reviva

Very long? DN had his annihilate up in about 2 turns and wiped taunting Reva out, then GI on the next annihilate about another 3 turns later. Most of the rest killed themselves off long before see got anywhere close to ultimate.