Proving Grounds for Interceptor

Replies

• WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Yeah first run with standard GAC Rey+Ben team worked. (Ben didn't matter he was killed without even getting immunity) I had to watch them try to kill a damage immune Holdo for about a minute and a half but eventually Rey used WW on Reva to prevent the revive, and it was just clean up after that. Rey and JTR were the last standing on my side.

Pretty sure they spent much more time juicing the Inquis in this to bother testing (what is this the third time) whether folks with the unit already 7* can play it. That shows you their priorities. CG tries to pressure mid game players into rage spending to get over this absurd difficulty. Meanwhile the rich get *moderately* richer by 20 excess shards into shard shop currency, and CG will still patch this about 23 months faster than the unending loyalty bug or the vulture droid bug because God forbid late game players be able to play this content. 20 shards once every three months will clearly break the perfectly balanced in game economy.
  • Tiig wrote: »
    Arbitier wrote: »
    DMG_SW wrote: »
    Wow. Just wow.

People have said it's possible with Traya. No one has said it was a "walk in the park" or "easy" in the slightest.

I thought it was pretty easy with Traya. Tough to say for sure since we can't replay it, but I beat it first try with her and she and Nihlus were never close to dying. Others in my guild had the same experience. This was at R5 with no GL support.

You're the first one in this whole chain to call this easy so you can say I was wrong because you said it.

It doesn't change the critique people have of the event requiring a specific team comp or characters that the average player who needs a catchup mechanic will have. It also doesn't change the fact that the requirement is listed as R3 which implies a player with an R3 average on their roster should be able to finish it which is blatantly not the case.

Again, this is supposed to be a catchup mechanic for the average player that missed these characters being in Conquest. This isn't possible to complete without exact team comps while all the other PR stages can be accomplished with most teams that meet the R3 requirement. It's poorly designed to the point of being almost a blatant lie in its presentation.

The average player should have sith trio. They are a stock standard team, have been around and easily available to any half decent player for longer than I can remember (people have said HSR should be simmable for years, that’s how easy it is), and have a very useful and well known mechanic which is needed here. If you don’t have them, then you’re not as ‘average’ as you think.

Your logic is flawed, because for example, if someone has 2 GLs and no Traya, I would say he is pretty average.
    And if a guy with 2 GLs can't find a combination of toons to beat this battle... than this event is badly designed.
  • Then you don't know how the game works (or how RNG works), Tiig.

RNG is random by definition. Just because it came through on the first try for you doesn't mean it's likely. With enough players some will get it first try with a recommended comp that we know can finish it.

On the other hand, I've tested a number of comps, never less than 3 tries each. I've yet to beat it. Now, that doesn't matter in the grand scheme since I already have 7* TIE-Int, (I was playing for curiosity, to help guild mates, and possibly extra shard shop tokens) but it does show that it's not "easy" with Traya lead as that's the lead I've tested most often and with various comps under it -- again, no comp was given less than 3 tries. I've had GLs one-shot in this event (SEE, specifically), which is disgusting.

As others have said, this event is not for me, but at least one out of the 7 GLs should be an easy button. I have all 7. I've tried all 7. None of them was an easy button. People who know me know that I like theory crafting, and I'm not one to shy away from a difficult battle where there's interesting strategy and fun to be had.

But there is a purpose to this battle, and others have already mentioned it: it's a catch-up mechanic for those who weren't able to red or gold crate the TIE-Int conquest series. (If you gold crate you still get it in 6 months)

There should be one easy button -- not one that has the capacity to win with the right RNG, but one that wins every time -- for every one of these events. From testing all 7 GLs and every comp recommended in this thread, I can say that there isn't one.

There should also be one or more non-GL comps that work reliably with the right strategy. That does not appear to be the case here BUT as people aren't delineating what I could call full strategies -- just team comps and one or two desirable moves -- it's theoretically possible that a correct strategy exists where the right turn order and using the right abilities in the right order/conditions comes close to guaranteeing a win. As of yet, however, it's fair to say that there is no reliable strategy.

I admit that I may be having worse RNG than others since none of the tested comps have worked for me yet. That said my experience does go to show that there's no easy button available -- and there should always be at least one.

For thoroughness, I'm going to test the 50R-T droids in a couple comps, even though there's no particular reason why they should work well. Just want to try since no one has mentioned them. After that I may go back to trying Traya a few more times. Since it's worked for others it will probably work for me eventually.

But even assuming that I get the SScash at the end of the day, this GC is wrong. It's not an appropriate catchup mechanism for players with 5-7M gp, which is where the difficulty should be targeted. There is no team that players know will work (nearly) every time that they can farm for next month as a target.

As far as anyone can tell, it's RNG this month and every month for up to 17 in a row.

That's an ugly look, CG. Very ugly.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    ZubenX wrote: »
    Beside that, stating that having a GL is a freebie, does this guy even realise that it takes 1.5 years to get to 4mil gp, and 1-2 GL at most in that time ???

Something is wrong with that way of thinking, sorry to say this.

I've been in the forums since... 2018? and somehow a troll got a mod position. CG is magnificent

Do you want to be a forum mod?
  • From what we can tell, @ctworker the best comp is Traya lead Sith Triumvirate + 2 very durable toons (Malak and LV are often suggested).

That said, there's still significant RNG involved no matter what your comp. I've tried all 7 GLs with no wins.

Also, this thread will probably be merged with the other thread that is longer and has more info on this topic, so check that other thread and if you don't have Traya there are other ideas there -- all of them difficult, but at least 1/2 dozen or so successful.
  • rickertron
    324 posts Member
    edited February 2023

Yea average player probably does have Sith Trio, Average player doesn't have Sith Trio at Relic 3 as they are not required to unlock any other toons. Not really needed to anything. Now average player from eons ago before GL's might have them at higher levels as they were a good team, but who has time to farm them to relic 3 if they are chasing down GL's.
  • Tiig wrote: »
    DMG_SW wrote: »
    Wow. Just wow.

People have said it's possible with Traya. No one has said it was a "walk in the park" or "easy" in the slightest.

I thought it was pretty easy with Traya. Tough to say for sure since we can't replay it, but I beat it first try with her and she and Nihlus were never close to dying. Others in my guild had the same experience. This was at R5 with no GL support.

You're the first one in this whole chain to call this easy so you can say I was wrong because you said it.

It doesn't change the critique people have of the event requiring a specific team comp or characters that the average player who needs a catchup mechanic will have. It also doesn't change the fact that the requirement is listed as R3 which implies a player with an R3 average on their roster should be able to finish it which is blatantly not the case.

Again, this is supposed to be a catchup mechanic for the average player that missed these characters being in Conquest. This isn't possible to complete without exact team comps while all the other PR stages can be accomplished with most teams that meet the R3 requirement. It's poorly designed to the point of being almost a blatant lie in its presentation.

The average player should have sith trio. They are a stock standard team, have been around and easily available to any half decent player for longer than I can remember (people have said HSR should be simmable for years, that’s how easy it is), and have a very useful and well known mechanic which is needed here. If you don’t have them, then you’re not as ‘average’ as you think.

This is pretty arrogant. There are a lot of great squads in this games, people take different paths. Sith trio are good but not exactly one of the higher priority teams. Plus a lot of people have it but not at the required relic level. I have them at gear 12, it’s a solid team but I have other priorities I want to relic first
  • I tryed the proving grounds for interceptor with SLKR team, SEE team, 501 team, Lord Vader team,CLS rebels team, all with no sucess. this is impossible for a regular player

Traya, Nihilus, Sion, Malak and SLKR is what I used. My trio are bare minimum (r3), and they were never in any danger.
  • [quote="Alexan
    derG;c-2404253"]What the heck? What speed are they?? They basically exterminate your squad before you get a move.

R3 required. Lol. [/quote]
    Do they even test this game? Where can i get my Inquisitors to 550+ speed?!?!!
    Not even any normal game mechanics works. SEE's link does nothing.
    Wat's bonuses do nothing and don't work.

complete joke.
  • It's as if they purposely designed it to beat GL's so you have to come up with something different. It was easy for me to do it with the triumvirate malak and talon, but mine are all Relic 5+. I didn't even need the shards because mine is 7* already, but the people who NEED those shards aren't in the same boat. They don't have the same high level account to deal with this kind of stupidity.

Seriously CG needs to use a real decision-making process and have QA/QC that doesn't know the mechanics of a release so they can try to beat it with the average GP account. (Oh and hey, like I said a year ago, hire a "common sense check" person to tell you when something is stupid.)

What this implies to me is that R3 Reva will be able to beat every Galactic Legend and the TB special mission was "too easy" because we were getting shards too fast for her, so they boosted the stupidity level of the event. Unless you have R9 inquisitors you're going to fail? (Yes, I've seen the "testing" commentary. But is CG actually testing it? Doubtful.)

Oh and the "R3 is the minimum" argument is ignorant. They could say the minimum requirement is gear 4. That means NOTHING if a full team of gear 4, or R3 can't beat it. "Oh hey you just need level 1 characters to attempt this, but you'll need R5-7 to have a chance."
  • Hello everyone, Devs announced they have tuned the event down and given it another 24 hour run. I must say, thank your for listening.
  • I get that the idea of making it hard is to encourage you to spend money, They want us to think "oo, if I spend just a little bit more to get my team just a little bit better, I can get 20 shards for a ship and in 6 months I might have it at 7*!"
    That's what they want us to think, I get that.
    But when my r7 JML squad all get killed with me having 1 turn in the process ... that's not what I think.
    What I think is: "what's the point in even trying? How much am I going to need to spend to even be allowed a second turn?"
    Making your player base think "what's the point?" is not a good business practice.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    hsv216 wrote: »
    **** are CG smoking? Why make these things so difficult for players that obviously didn't have the rosters to get the toons in conquest initially? This is just frustrating and unenjoyable.

This convinces me even more that they don't test the game at all.

People worked hard in previous conquest to get these toons, makes sense those who missed out also have to put in effort into acquiring them

Using you Credit card is not working hard but using a cheat code .... 🤦
  • @CG_Tusken_Meathead i don’t think the difficulty was turned down. There is no difference from being crippled before my first turn before the change to being crippled by my first turn after the change.
  • @Stenun
    Making your player base think "what's the point?" is not a good business practice.

Absolutely agreed and a great point.

However, as @rickertron pointed out just above, they have tuned down the difficulty and allowed it to run for another 24 hours.

This is an **excellent** response. Quick. Simple. By extending the duration instead of having the event come back they don't have to worry about people getting a double dose of other shards to get a fair shot at these.

I won't be able to test this for my guild mates, which is the more important reason for me to play the event rather than shard shop currency b/c they fixed the bug that allowed me access. But I don't mind. It was a bug. I knew it was a bug. The more important thing is that they heard what the community said about difficulty and dialled it back.

Consistent with what I've said before, I think it's fine with these events if they nuke a GL or 5 who have the wrong kits, but at least one GL should be an easy button and at least one other GL should be able to beat it regularly, even if it's not an easy button. I presume that will be the case after these changes, so I have no more complaints about this GC.

It's not realistic to expect no bugs/mistakes. It is realistic to ask CG to listen and act on what's important to the community. They've done that this time. It makes me happy to see.
  • @CG_Tusken_Meathead i don’t think the difficulty was turned down. There is no difference from being crippled before my first turn before the change to being crippled by my first turn after the change.

I’m seeing 0 difference in difficulty since they hot fixed it.
  • @Stenun

Absolutely agreed and a great point.

However, as @rickertron pointed out just above, they have tuned down the difficulty and allowed it to run for another 24 hours.

Yes, they have.
    Before the nerf, my entire r7 JML team got killed before having a turn. Since the nerf, Anakin and Hoda surived the opening salvo but everyone else - including the r7 GL - died before having a turn. Anakin was allowed one attack and THEN died.
    Thanks CG, for reducing the difficulty! /sarcasm

The previous Proving Grounds are difficult and not winnable with just any squad but you are at least allowed to play the **** thing for a while before it kills you.
  • RenHendar wrote: »
    Thanks @The_Dude. Finally did the trick 😁

Glad it worked for ya!

• Feels harder now TBH. Previously i could get it down every 2nd try to just Reva remaining but now i can barely get more than 1 INQ down.
  • Yubby9 wrote: »
    Feels harder now TBH. Previously i could get it down every 2nd try to just Reva remaining but now i can barely get more than 1 INQ down.

I have yet to kill anyone. Twice was able to kil reva, but it didn’t matter since she just revives anyways.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Fredy5 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    hsv216 wrote: »
    **** are CG smoking? Why make these things so difficult for players that obviously didn't have the rosters to get the toons in conquest initially? This is just frustrating and unenjoyable.

This convinces me even more that they don't test the game at all.

People worked hard in previous conquest to get these toons, makes sense those who missed out also have to put in effort into acquiring them

Using you Credit card is not working hard but using a cheat code .... 🤦

You can get everything in this game without a credit card, even red boxes on conquest
  • All the time I've spent farming my GL's and still can't beat this event because I don't have the right 1 or 2 characters needed?

Nah, all you're telling me CG is that it isn't worth putting any effort into any new characters you release. What's the point? They won't be able to beat any future content you put out. Guess we won't have to worry about spending any money on new content! Great job screwing your players again.
  • One starred it with GL Rey, gk, wat, hermit yoda, and gka
  • ctworker wrote: »
    They just added TIE interceptor to proving grounds. The ship will be in after this current conquest. They add the unit to PG after the first of three instead of at the end of the third.

So now that it's there, how to beat it? I don't even get a turn with my GL Luke team, and one shot kills with GL Sith Eternal.

Now it’s tuned down you can beat it with SEE, try a mix of scoundrels, Bando helped me soak up a load of hits until SEE was charged
  • Nice to know they have tuned it back a little. I still don't expect it to be easy mode, but being easier than what it was is a good move. Well done CG <clap>.

I unfortunately cannot try it to see how much easier it is, but it still may take some tries I am guessing from the responses here since the hotfix.

@CG_Tusken_Meathead can you confirm?
  • Yep I’ve played the game pretty much since release, 8.6 million GP 4 GLs and probably 1000$ in game by now and this may be the reason i quit paying. More than an hour of my time trying different combos of squads or hoping for good RNG only to have squads murdered after I get one or 2 attacks in 3 with really good RNG
  • cmde8xu37abk.png
    Like others have said, Traya lead is very doable, and not even a particularly challenging battle. My Triumvirate is r4 (have been for years), Malak r7, and SEE r8. My only regret is Sion didn't make it so I'm not able to sim it next time.