Proving Grounds for Interceptor

Replies

• After the tuning I used r7 SEE, r7 JTR, r5 Wampa, R5 Malak and r3 Wat. Threw the last mod (blaster tech I think) on See and linked 2nd and GI. The wampa and malak lasted fairly long, and by my ultimate it was just Rey left w See. The tech prevented reva revives
  • CG your fix for proving grounds is utter garbage. Complete and utter garbage. Your game is going is the trash and I regret ever giving you money for this absolute trash.
  • Your fix changed nothing r7 characters die before getting a turn. Do you even test your fixes?
  • @FionaGlenAnne & @Drezzinator

Did you test with the Traya comp? That seems to be the one with the most success. If not, what squads are you using so that others can learn from what's happening to you?
  • Really went from a poor catchup mechanic to a joke. I get it, sith triumvirate/ SEE clears the event. I as well as many don't have the resources to invest into those units. And unfortunately fall further...
  • It's still ridiculous.

The speed out of the gate is ridiculous.

The the fact that if I had Traya at R3, I could maybe get a turn is ridiculous.

These characters aren't R3...

My Monday night is worth more than me trying to get somewhere with this ridiculous event.

Thanks, CG.. You again proved that you can't design and execute game design. My 7.7 million GP acct is just gonna not have the Intercepter because I refuse to pay for your incompetence.

CG can't design the Traya omi without screwing it up, the Defender is on the hot seat and now this event.. It's par for the course that CG screws up again...
  • Affy wrote: »
    I managed it 2* with SEE lead, bossk, BAM, Wat and Jango. Used shield generator on Bossk and get damage immunity in him asap. Cleanse with Wat. Link Reeva and GI until See can use ult. lost Wat to DOT which I could have cleansed but instead used it on Bossk to keep him alive.

This worked for me. Thank you. What a garbage event.
  • JibberJabber
    142 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Pretty impressive that there have over 7.4K views and 6 pages on an event that was released only 12 hours ago. Just shows how many people we baffled by an over tuned event that appears to have never been tested.
  • CG claims they did an update decreasing the difficulty, but I think they are lying because my Kenobi squad was wiped out just as quick as before the claimed update. I don’t have a relic Traya and don’t have Malak activated so I guess I’m out of luck with getting my ship to 7*. Thanks CG for nothing.
  • mt875249
    119 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Oops.
  • Anyone else still not even getting close to defeating the proving grounds mission for TIE Interceptor? JMK, JML, SEE and LV, and even my CLS team gets absolutely rolled, even after their "difficulty scaling down"
  • When the best team is a raid character released years ago and all the standard R7+ GL teams fail you know something went wrong.
  • Disappointing, It does not appear to be fixed, I have had no success with SKLR R7 team all R6 or higher, nor my SEE R7 Squad with various combos of Sith from R3-R7, Nor SEE with DS tanks R5-R7, Got smoked each time with only getting one turn off. Best success oddly enough was R3 commander luke, R3 chewie, R3, Han, SKLR and CP30. got it down to Reva than smoked. Also had limited success using SEE with Han and Malak plus Sith, but could only drop 1 or 2 inquisitors. I do have Wat and Traya but both are G11. Only if there wasn't a R3 Requirement.

What i don't understand is why they had to make it so you cant even get a turn off. Make it hard, but lat least give us a fighting chance when using some of the top flight toons.
  • Ok guys... slkr can work... it's not pretty but go in under kru with Malak also... u just wanna get slkr to his ult... once he does u can mass hit till the adds r dead then stun lock her till she's about to die... then hit ur ult again... with mine she didn't revive but I no when I hit huxes mass assist she did (could have not been killed by slkr but I'd doubt it) but even in the case of her returning with a vengeance like what happened to me the first time ur invisible in slkrs ult.
  • @FionaGlenAnne & @Drezzinator

Did you test with the Traya comp? That seems to be the one with the most success. If not, what squads are you using so that others can learn from what's happening to you?

I don’t have triumvirate.
    I tried Jabba, SEE with sith empire, cls, JML. Cls has gotten the closest with 1 kill. *sarcastic* woo… -_-

Im glad a 4 year old toon can win but the latest gl does the worst of the above teams. Smh.
  • Nrm53 wrote: »
    Ok guys... slkr can work... it's not pretty but go in under kru with Malak also... u just wanna get slkr to his ult... once he does u can mass hit till the adds r dead then stun lock her till she's about to die... then hit ur ult again... with mine she didn't revive but I no when I hit huxes mass assist she did (could have not been killed by slkr but I'd doubt it) but even in the case of her returning with a vengeance like what happened to me the first time ur invisible in slkrs ult.

Tried that without Malak, got smoked, will try with Malak, Dont hold out much hope as in one match I got SKLR's ult off and the inquisitors ate it up.

• Not sure i understand the problem, Traya, Sion, Nihilus, Marauder, KRU. Traya tanked while they all looked at Sion, a couple Annihilates....., easy-peasy.
  • yes quite easy if one has an R3 traya.
  • I beat it with SEE, Malak, Bossk, DRevan and Bando. Both tanks got wiped out almost immediately by the aoe. Bando barely survived long enough to put damage immunity on himself and they kept attacking him, preventing him taking a turn so he stayed immune. SEE linked and zapped Reva and GI, the other three were finished off by DoTs.
  • Braezac wrote: »
    Not sure i understand the problem, Traya, Sion, Nihilus, Marauder, KRU. Traya tanked while they all looked at Sion, a couple Annihilates....., easy-peasy.

The simple problem is that not everyone has relic 3 sith trio. Believe it or not there are more important squads to relic. The bigger problem is how people like you don’t understand this and keep saying” just use Traya. It’s easy!”
  • Goavs506 wrote: »
    Braezac wrote: »
    Not sure i understand the problem, Traya, Sion, Nihilus, Marauder, KRU. Traya tanked while they all looked at Sion, a couple Annihilates....., easy-peasy.

The simple problem is that not everyone has relic 3 sith trio. Believe it or not there are more important squads to relic. The bigger problem is how people like you don’t understand this and keep saying” just use Traya. It’s easy!”

It's not like Traya is still an incredibly important meta char. And neither is she the only solution to the event, just one of the easiest ones.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • The event still is impossible to beat with any non-gl team or specifically having a high relic sith team. Also the event is impossible to strategize as the GI team has a ton of hidden modifiers.
  • I did it before fix with wat (as lead), jango (damage immunity for 2 turns - enough to absorb hits while everyone else but Reva died because of dots), kru (to absorb initial hits), jmk and cat (to kill Reva). Started with weapon tech on cat, and then I tried at least two dozens of times to kill Reva with cat, then just click auto and wait before everyone else died because of dots. Now after the fix looks like we need only r3 sep and jango to do this)
  • This event has been poorly planned and implemented. Rather cynically it also gives a view of Inquisitors which is not real. At the moment my only strategy is to hope that I am not insta wiped in 3 turns before I can respond. I am not sure which aspect has been toned down as per your post as it still feels way over the top.

For info: Don't have Malak, JMK or Traya Trio so please don't suggest this.
  • Dear CG. Im not a ranter, I think maybe I’ve posted on here once or twice in 4 years!! But this? This requires you to hear how deeply you’ve abused your players. Sure you say, just relic up your traya. But I can’t do that in 24hrs, nor do I want to do that.
    Sure make stuff that’s out of reach so you can get the whales to spend. But whales already have this ship. Don’t stab your loyal every day players who keep this game alive.
  • The game seems to be getting worse every week, but we keep playing it. Maybe if we all stopped they would listen
  • Did you try Treya lead with Nihilus on the team? Nihilus gets tons of extra TM, health, and can annihilate Reva. BitDynasty, Ahnladt, and I'm sure a host of others have guides on it, but all have done it with Treya lead, no GLs.
  • "Hey, you couldn't play Conquest Hard? But you want that toon? Well try this!"
    That's what PG should've been, right?
    Kind of weird that it's actually harder than Conquest Hard..

I've got GAS, GK and Malak R5, working on getting JKL, thinking about going for a GL (probably LV), and am close to finishing Conquest Normal, I don't have time/gear for Traya.. (nevermind Sion and Nihilus)
    Guess I'm lucky I've got zero interest in Inq's, even though they keep trying to shove them down our throats, this just proves I'm better of keeping them in their packaging. (thanks for that, I guess..)
  • Won with LV, BAM, CAT, Han, and Bossk. Just stunned 3rd Sis off the rip then damage immunity on all the scoundrels I could. Prayed they would be stupid enough to keep hitting the immune
    while the adds died off to the dots and then LV had no dots cause immune. His 1v1 is not easy or fun with her. Highly recommend a different GL if you can.

Hope this helps someone
  • Goavs506 wrote: »

Well, video game 101, the player version of a boss character is always desirable, take it from an old head. And Traya makes Conquest easy, so if you're so hung up on this ship, then maybe she's more important then you've beenwilling to consider. Beyond that, I'm enjoying this small moment of vindication for being a Dark Side player; it's always more fun to do bad!!