Reva Mission

13Next

Replies

• How close are the top guilds to unlocking her?

Ahnaldt has 188/330, more than half way to unlock/7*

I would assume most of the serious guilds are in a similar position.

r6tautgabnps.png
  • Later today I'll be doing research on the viability of different team comps with different strategies at different levels of Operations filled.

Barbarossa on Discord has been doing some of this already and initial numbers are... interesting.

At 0 platoons filled, it's a nightmare hellscape with no victory possible. With 2 platoons filled on each of p2 and p3 planets that can affect the Reva mission it's ... highly unlikely. With 4 platoons the initial estimate was a 10% success rate, though we would probably increase that some as we refine modding and strategy. Only with all platoons filled on both days was the success rate similar to previous success rates.

Now that sounds bad! But... it's better than I thought? I didn't expect that Operations would make such a difference, TBH. If this initial testing holds up it will mean that the numbers will be down but not by much for 6-Op guilds, but everyone else will absolutely struggle.

And perhaps that's exactly what CG wants, but it's not in line with what they said about making the mission "a little harder". Again, it makes it a nightmare hellscape for guilds who aren't finishing platoons. But maybe CG thinks it just isn't that hard to fill the Ops missions on those 2 days? IDK.

in any case, I will be providing more info as I get it.
  • This change was sadly predictable. When cg made completing tbs mathematical impossible for years if ever starting with ls geo the “completion milestone” for a tb switched to KAM and reva. 95+ percent win rate was/is too high but I hope the fix doesn’t make the encounter impossible.
  • We are continuing to test.
  • Thing is.... if the mission success only decrease slightly for guilds with all ops filled + perfect modding and strategy, CG haven't flat out lied.

They've just done their usual "true, from a certain point of view" communication where most players would read it quite differently from how it is to be understood.

Luckily for me I'm in a guild which shouldn't struggle much with getting all ops filled, but it will be highly detrimental to shard inflow if modding now needs to be perfect coupled with ideal strategy, since lots of players are frankly tired of sitting on streams every other week to do a mission that was previously very possible to do on your own when convenient for you.

The only surprising element here is that CG fixes this now, and not just right after next occurence of GI. I mean, despite their Trello card saying this was discovered internally, the missing tags have been talked about in the community since the launch of the mission.
    5 bucks say they weren't aware of the missing GL tag for Kenobi either and will add that because it's been mentioned in these discussions, either now or in the near future.
  • If this mission requires full platoons to be successful along with precise mods, game play and streaming with your guild, players will walk away. Already went through that with Kam, not doing it again. It's perfect where it sets ups now. Need 5 characters at relic 7 as an entry point, not crazy modding and be smart with your specials to win without a full streaming effort.
  • StarSon
    7410 posts Member
    If this mission requires full platoons to be successful along with precise mods, game play and streaming with your guild, players will walk away. Already went through that with Kam, not doing it again. It's perfect where it sets ups now. Need 5 characters at relic 7 as an entry point, not crazy modding and be smart with your specials to win without a full streaming effort.

Based on the reports from that initial testing, it does not need precise mods, game play or streaming. Just needs all platoons and good mods, and you still need to know what to do. Nothing like KAM.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    "just all platoons" you say
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Oh but we know how fast they fix bugs with character Special Missions. By the time CG fix Fives bug in KAM mission it was already irrelevant issue. So there isn't any cause for alarm >:)
  • ...and again cg decided to hurt most of the players. This mobile game is getting more and more embarrassing
  • If this mission requires full platoons to be successful along with precise mods, game play and streaming with your guild, players will walk away. Already went through that with Kam, not doing it again. It's perfect where it sets ups now. Need 5 characters at relic 7 as an entry point, not crazy modding and be smart with your specials to win without a full streaming effort.

Hey, @WhatTheFoxSWGOH , good to see you!

We've done a bunch of testing and I've done a bunch of theorizing based on that testing. The results are here:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/261530/reva-new-info-next-steps#latest

In that testing we specifically avoided using 6/6 ops. We used 4-Ops for p2 and a mix of 2.& 4 Ops filled on p3. (Slightly more of the 2-Ops in p3 variant).

In that testing which included runs with my everyday Inq mods and also with mod sets crafted for the Reva mission we encountered a lot of runs that don't appear to be winnable, some runs that appear marginally winnable where quality of mods, turn order, and strategy make a difference, and some that appear easy as pie if you just know how to use your specials -- barely more difficult than the Reva mission was last time. This variation is just as you would expect. The real question is what % of missions fall into each of those categories?

My best guess (but still a guess) is that about 20% aren't winnable solely due to RNG or aren't winnable without expert streaming help due to that opening RNG, and another 15%-ish are winnable but tricky. These are runs that an average player would mostly lose, but someone who watched a bunch of video or watched guild mates stream should win at least 50% of the time, especially if they modded carefully.

That leaves about 65% of missions in a category where either they're easy with a small amount of knowledge (how to use opening specials + remembering to kill Scav ASAP) and careful modding, or they're easy with a small amount of knowledge and any mods you want to throw on.

As a result, I expect win rates between 40% for guilds that only a few platoons each day and don't make an effort to share Reva info and the upper 80s for guilds that go 6/6 on Ops missions and require streaming, etc.

Of course it remains to be see exactly what the win rates will be, but I'm guessing that for very reasonable effort (each person does a serious Reva-mission-only set of mods, but just once not updating each month, and the guild requires people to stream 2-3 times until they get the hang of it) the win rate should be at least 65% and probably higher, possibly as high as 80%.

Again, these are my own guesses, but they are based on some experiments and some time thinking with other folks at 50ShardsOfKAM. Taliana is going to be setting up another survey, of course, and we'll get better data over time b/c that's how she rolls, but I don't see this as KAM where win rates are under 30% without streaming. I think even people who don't care at all and don't remod and aren't in guilds that get more than 4 Ops in p2 and 2 in p4, it will be possible to either get a 50% win rate or get close to that after trying the mission a couple times.

But if you are interested in the best modding info and play strategy that we have available right now, do check out that other thread (which CG closed for some reason):

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/261530/reva-new-info-next-steps#latest

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    LastNeuron wrote: »
    ...and again cg decided to hurt most of the players. This mobile game is getting more and more embarrassing

i mean, the special event was bugged (i do get they were slow in fixing but that ends up good for the players)

and its the same with platoons filled, which is not an egregious requirement, since all previous TB had platoons affecting the SM greatly (can't remember about KAM one)
  • @Ultra

For whatever reason, no platoons affected KAM. Obviously an intentional decision, but I can't say anything about the why.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Then I take back what i say about how SMs and Platoons go together in TBs
  • It helps top end guilds much much more than others. And platoons didn't affect special missions in either geo tb. Can't remember hoth
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I love you, Ultra.

lets get married this weekend?

Bachelor party on Friday night then? Can I come?

Go ahead just don’t steal a cop car
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I love you, Ultra.

lets get married this weekend?

Bachelor party on Friday night then? Can I come?

Go ahead just don’t steal a cop car

Headlines: Coruscant Underworld Police Report Missing Police Cruiser. Hmm.
    Hello there.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead

So is CG just going to maintain silence about how the Might of the Empire Heroic toon bonus is only supposed to be active on Dark Side Battles (specifically only Jabba, Hondo, Dr A, Qi'ra, and Fulcrum are mentioned as having Back Alley Deals active in Mixed zones)? The AoE damage on every attack or ability because of the bugged Might of the Empire is soon going to put ~10 thermals on GI (required) and 2nd sister (who almost everyone took to R7 for this mission as she is the team's healer) once the Jawas have their Jawa tag. This Might of the Empire bug, if it persists, will absolutely further tank people's runs, while CG is choosing to only fix the bug that will most increase the failure rate.

Their choice of which bugs to fix and which to ignore is very sus. Can CG please either fix all the bugs (Might of the Empire applying in a mixed zone mission, Gl tag missing from JMK, and ID bug on Jawas), *and ideally lower the potency to reasonable levels where modding for tenacity might give us a shot of resisting these thermals* or fix no bugs, and just leave the mission alone since the top paying players of the game have already deeply invested gear and money into relics and mods for how this critical special mission has been for four runs?
    Post edited by WookieWookie on
  • StarSon
    7410 posts Member
    @CG_Tusken_Meathead

So is CG just going to maintain silence about how the Might of the Empire Heroic toon bonus is only supposed to be active on Dark Side Battles (specifically only Jabba, Hondo, Dr A, Qi'ra, and Fulcrum are mentioned as having Back Alley Deals active in Mixed zones)? The AoE damage on every attack or ability because of the bugged Might of the Empire is soon going to put ~10 thermals on GI (required) and 2nd sister (who almost everyone took to R7 for this mission as she is the team's healer) once the Jawas have their Jawa tag. This Might of the Empire bug, if it persists, will absolutely further tank people's runs, while CG is choosing to only fix the bug that will most increase the failure rate.

Their choice of which bugs to fix and which to ignore is very sus. Can CG please either fix all the bugs (Might of the Empire, Gl tag missing from JMK, and ID bug on Jawa's), *and ideally lower the potency to reasonable levels where modding for tenacity might give us a shot of resisting these thermals* or fix no bugs, and just leave the mission alone since the top paying players of the game have already deeply invested gear and money into relics and mods for how this critical special mission has been for four runs?

No. As they have mentioned many times, they only care about bugs that help players. @CG_Tusken_Meathead points out almost weekly the lack of care for bugs that hurt us, especially in endgame content.
  • Their choice of which bugs to fix and which to ignore is very sus. Can CG please either fix all the bugs (Might of the Empire applying in a mixed zone mission, Gl tag missing from JMK, and ID bug on Jawas),

That's not even all the bugs, since there is a bug that re-summons a Pirate after the last Jawa dies if there is no current Pirate.

Of course you've already won the wave, but with the re-summoned Pirate you're forced to take DoT damage and attack the Pirate, suffering Retribution, before the summon disappears again. At this later stage in the battle, the DoTs can be enough to kill a toon that would otherwise have made it through to Wv2, freshly clean of DoTs and ready to use a crucial special ability or two.

But no. You're done in by DoTs you should never have had to take. So sad! But not a priority problem for CG.
  • I feel like we're at the point where CG should be working with each of us in school to give us course credit for the amount of studying and research we have to do to figure out what the heck we have to do in order to play the game.

If you're already out of school, they should be working to get you a masters or PhD because the amount of theorycrafting time involved is too high.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    I feel like we're at the point where CG should be working with each of us in school to give us course credit for the amount of studying and research we have to do to figure out what the heck we have to do in order to play the game.

If you're already out of school, they should be working to get you a masters or PhD because the amount of theorycrafting time involved is too high.

I just cheat off the smart students
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • V01D
    117 posts Member
    Now that the fix has been implemented we'll see what the completion difference will be.