When will CG start testing things?

Replies

• Range1974 wrote: »
    I don’t think CG is too lazy to test, I think with the turnover in the industry, they don’t have anyone that really understands the mechanics nor has 6+ years experience playing the game for several hours a day. In order to understand the interactions of units, you have to experience them, CG seems to only be concerned about what’s next (money, it’s a business), how it interacts with the current meta without deviation and reacting to problems that upsets some perceived balance they are trying to achieve when they should not be.

CG only really needed to test against the Executor and Profundity.
  • CG has a very ambitious character/ship release schedule to try to keep their revenue up and they cannot risk delays. I imagine testing is truncated as they know people will spend whatever to get the newest toon…they then take a little hit for a nerf and it goes away. Rinse and repeat
  • Ultra wrote: »
    hsv216 wrote: »
    Have they tested Trench?
    Have they tested Reva?

They've said that Reva + Trench should be able to beat GLs

Why would you use Reva on a team with Trench?

Silly Ultra.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    Have they tested Trench?
    Have they tested Reva?

Silly Ultra.

lol
  • There’s a very simple fix to this situation.

CG just needs to acknowledge that yes, they DO use the community for testing, and that any new units released are subject to change, based on performance results. Then, when those changes happen, refund the mats or provide some other make good (good for CG on doing this with Traya), so players can make informed decisions with their resources, and maybe add a little extra gesture of good will on top (periodic extra resources into the game economy — it doesn’t have to be massive, just a few extra kyros or relic mats from time to time would go a LONG way toward engendering good will in the community).

Arguably, a lot do changes/nerfs that have been made to characters have not been bad in the long run, in fact they’ve been quite good for the overall design space of the game. It’s the capricious and downright punitive ways with which those changes have been handled and communicated, that is the issue. And this proposed solution doesn’t involve them doing more work than they already are, nor worrying about the logistics and legalities of running a private beta testing program. They just have to pretty much let things run as they have been, and just be more forthright and generous with the player base about it.

Boom. Problem solved.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Have they tested Trench?
    Have they tested Reva?

Silly Ultra.

The real question is why would you use Trench on a team with Reva. Riddle me THAT, Batman!
  • Things get tested. The problem is CG’s decision maker(s) keep pushing patches to production (live) before the patch is ready.

Somewhere along the line they decided it was better to meet patch release goals, than release a product that has been thoroughly tested.

As someone mentioned before, it’s a monetary decision. Dev leaders (and their bosses) get paid for hitting release goals, and continually delaying releases causes the company to miss goals and impacts their own monetary bonuses.

As a famous sportswriter once said, “the answer to all questions about why people do things is money”.
  • StickSurfer
    297 posts Member
    edited January 2023
    Question is, would people be more mad at a delayed release, or a rushed release?
    Hello there.
  • Question is, would people be more mad at a delayed release, or a rushed release?

Well it's CG that determines when new units are released so there's no such thing as a rushed or a delayed release.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Question is, would people be more mad at a delayed release, or a rushed release?

Yes
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • They should hire a team for QA. And pay them. Don't go back to a volunteer program. Unpaid volunteers don't do a good job compared with professionals.
  • AlexanderG wrote: »

Well it's CG that determines when new units are released so there's no such thing as a rushed or a delayed release.

No it isnt, its EA with some determination from Disney. CG is only a snall part of this game which is ultimately owned in whole by EA. CG will need approval for every release incase EA infringes Disney content. EA will push for release of content as they value profit over satisfaction and the star wars community will unlikely abandon years of effort so there is zero, absolute zero, reason for EA to change.
  • Oh wow, Reva mission getting changed, cool.

Not like we had 4 iterations by now and ppl were alrdy convinced the dets were shut down on purpose for balance reasons cuz dots (sandstorm modifier) + dets would be OP.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Dedojoas wrote: »
    They don’t care. They only care about those dolla dolla bills y’all!!!

Welcome to the Star Wars universe

“I’m in it for the money”
    -Han Solo
  • When the kit was nerfed, was it only the new “when there is not a ds gl present” or was something else also changed within the stats?
  • Oh wow, proving grounds event being playable for ppl that alrdy have the thing at 7*, cool.

Almost like we alrdy had that situation in the past..
  • This Proving Grounds event is just another tick in the box of CG refusing to understand the players.

If we couldn't get the Intercepter at Conquest, what makes you think that THIS EVENT will be the way we can get it now??????

SMH..
  • Had to Ctrl+f the thread to make sure no one had already answered.

August (TM)
  • SotaDraken wrote: »
    This Proving Grounds event is just another tick in the box of CG refusing to understand the players.

If we couldn't get the Intercepter at Conquest, what makes you think that THIS EVENT will be the way we can get it now??????

SMH..

It's not meant to be a handout. CG is a business, it isn't free to develop content. It was tuned to be very difficult to incentivize mid game players to gear up a team to beat it, same as the challenge tiers of assault battles. There are no handouts in mobile gaming.

Now them accidentally making it playable by those with fully 7*d units for the third time is evidence that they didn't test that part of the rollout, but I'm pretty sure the difficulty level was intentional. (As it stayed hard even after retuned)
  • Anyone remember when we'd get crystals when there were bugs or broken content? Maybe that impact to the in-game economy would be an incentive for the content delivery team to give quality control a little more attention...
  • Jakdnels wrote: »
    Anyone remember when we'd get crystals when there were bugs or broken content? Maybe that impact to the in-game economy would be an incentive for the content delivery team to give quality control a little more attention...

The CEO stopped because they know the poor level of their employees.....
  • Oh wow, another char with momentum and the addition of another momentum marker leading to DBB gaining double the amount of momentum and being able to do back to back AoE's from TM gains, cool.

When adding that marker you guys clearly checked and tested the 1 (in words: ONE) character in the game that is using momentum for shenanigans and DBB gaining double momentum and TM is WAI right? Right??
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Oh wow, another char with momentum and the addition of another momentum marker leading to DBB gaining double the amount of momentum and being able to do back to back AoE's from TM gains, cool.

When adding that marker you guys clearly checked and tested the 1 (in words: ONE) character in the game that is using momentum for shenanigans and DBB gaining double momentum and TM is WAI right? Right??

Wasn't the intention to elevate BF:SoJ when using him with tuskens? Or am I missing something?
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Also, BSOJ can't use the same special more than twice in a row, right?
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Also, BSOJ can't use the same special more than twice in a row, right?

Three times
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • SotaDraken wrote: »
    This Proving Grounds event is just another tick in the box of CG refusing to understand the players.

SMH..

It's not meant to be a handout. CG is a business, it isn't free to develop content. It was tuned to be very difficult to incentivize mid game players to gear up a team to beat it, same as the challenge tiers of assault battles. There are no handouts in mobile gaming.

Now them accidentally making it playable by those with fully 7*d units for the third time is evidence that they didn't test that part of the rollout, but I'm pretty sure the difficulty level was intentional. (As it stayed hard even after retuned)

I never said anything about a Handout..

I get having to earn the shards but that event with the Inqs at "R3" is ridiculous hard for even 7.7 million GP player like myself to even play.

It's tuned way too difficult. Proving Grounds should be an event that allows for mid-level players who play the Hard level in Conquest but not always get Gold crate every month to actually earn those shards, as pitifully as 20 shards a month is.

CG just doesn't get how to actually get a good PR win these days..
    Oh wow, another char with momentum and the addition of another momentum marker leading to DBB gaining double the amount of momentum and being able to do back to back AoE's from TM gains, cool.

Wasn't the intention to elevate BF:SoJ when using him with tuskens? Or am I missing something?

Think the complaint is that he can get a lot more Momentum stacks now.
    Hello there.

Which is exactly as intended isnt it?
  • I_JnK_I wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »

It is. Probably to make up for his inability to generate as much Momentum in GAC compared to TW.
    Hello there.
  • I_JnK_I wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »

But it should only happen in 3v3 gac under tusken chieftain lead with his omicron... not in TB for example.