Proving Grounds for Interceptor

Replies

• This is the **** thing I have every seen from this company R3 my A$$ they go before all my characters and then ability block every time they attack an any one that said just use Traya is just funny not everyone has a R3 Traya. CG fix your game and actually do some testing before you release something.
  • Zifnap wrote: »
    "Hey, you couldn't play Conquest Hard? But you want that toon? Well try this!"
    That's what PG should've been, right?
    Kind of weird that it's actually harder than Conquest Hard..

I've got GAS, GK and Malak R5, working on getting JKL, thinking about going for a GL (probably LV), and am close to finishing Conquest Normal, I don't have time/gear for Traya.. (nevermind Sion and Nihilus)
    Guess I'm lucky I've got zero interest in Inq's, even though they keep trying to shove them down our throats, this just proves I'm better of keeping them in their packaging. (thanks for that, I guess..)

Other than having inquisitors as the opposing team, what does this have to do with whether or not you gear inquisitors? FWIW, I tried taking my R7 GI/Inq team into this battle and they failed spectacularly. That being said, Inqs are required (or at least desired) in several parts of the game - why would you knee-cap yourself by refusing to gear them? For all the teeth gnashing and hand wringing about CG "trying to shove them down our throats" they're actually a pretty good team once you learn how to use them. They'll get you 4/4 in most DS Geo CMs, 2/2 in most RotE nodes, they have their own AB, two truly excellent ships (albeit difficult to attain if you missed their conquests) - they counter at least one GL and more under the right circumstances - there are just so many very good reasons to get them.

F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • Ryche
    151 posts Member
    Preloaded tm sucks. Also weird, inquisitors aren't getting dots on them when I fight. Heck , I can't even scratch them. Wat isn't removing debuffs and none of see's specials work.
    Get wiped in 2nd attack. See gone in 3rd.
    Using see, wat, hm, malak, revan
  • Ryche
    151 posts Member
    The event still is impossible to beat with any non-gl team or specifically having a high relic sith team. Also the event is impossible to strategize as the GI team has a ton of hidden modifiers.

Don't worry, gl's are useless too
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Ryche wrote: »
    Preloaded tm sucks. Also weird, inquisitors aren't getting dots on them when I fight. Heck , I can't even scratch them. Wat isn't removing debuffs and none of see's specials work.

I think they have ten up, and there are a couple cleanses that they use early. When I eventually succeeded (using Trio + LV) they didn't get many dots for a while.
  • So I hoarded 4400 crystals in order to get 60 finishing shards for the Tie Interceptor. And what do I get in return? An uneventful and frustrating stunt by the developers, for me to watch these cyberpsycho-Inquisitors ruin the best of my teams, just makes we want to do one thing - quit the game. Games are suppose to bring fun and enjoyment into our lives, this is having the opposite effect.
  • Ryche
    151 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    Ryche wrote: »

I think they have ten up, and there are a couple cleanses that they use early. When I eventually succeeded (using Trio + LV) they didn't get many dots for a while.

Will need to work on the trio. Doesn't seem tuned down either. Sees link doesn't do anything either. Normal mechanics he would have insane amounts of protection
  • After many attempts just managed with the Rey(R7), GK(R4), Bando(R5), Bossk(R7) & JKLS(R7)
    If you can get Bando damage immunity on Bossk or GK and can get Reys Ultimate up at right time you have a chance
    Only 1* but thats good enough for me

Thanks to everyone that suggested this earlier
  • Is it true the difficulty was downgraded?
    If I put my legends (SLKR, SEE, JML, JMK) in leader position, they get only 1 turn with ability block, then they die, like yesterday.

My long lasting team with the best RNG was: Traya r3 (lead), Malak r7, SEE r7, Wat r7, another toon (does not matter who, he dies without a turn). I applied Wat's Shield on SEE so that he can clean the debuffs long enough to have a 1-2-1 with Third Sister: from that moment on they were in a almost never ending loop, until SEE died.
    This happened only once, though, every other time I am not able to get to ultimate with SEE, and, by the way, ultimate from SEE is dealing 4k to Reva with critical hit, while she is dealing 40k (at least) with her basic

Any other suggestions?
  • Traya lead works because it keeps the DoTs off you and damages the Inquisitors when they attack OoT, so you can just wait it out while they all go pop, so that part should work, but it may take several attempts to get good RNG.

You pretty much need an instakill for Reva though, so if you don't have Nihilus or some of the other comps that have been reported to work, then your best bet may be to keep trying with SEE until you manage to kill her with his ult. You could try swapping out SEE or SLKR in that lineup, since SEE's damage against DS characters is pretty pitiful, but SLKR hits really hard, and he prevents revives as well. It may take you a bunch of tries but just based on what you reported here...may be your best bet.
    Ferie wrote: »
    Is it true the difficulty was downgraded?
    If I put my legends (SLKR, SEE, JML, JMK) in leader position, they get only 1 turn with ability block, then they die, like yesterday.

My long lasting team with the best RNG was: Traya r3 (lead), Malak r7, SEE r7, Wat r7, another toon (does not matter who, he dies without a turn). I applied Wat's Shield on SEE so that he can clean the debuffs long enough to have a 1-2-1 with Third Sister: from that moment on they were in a almost never ending loop, until SEE died.
    This happened only once, though, every other time I am not able to get to ultimate with SEE, and, by the way, ultimate from SEE is dealing 4k to Reva with critical hit, while she is dealing 40k (at least) with her basic

Any other suggestions?

• herd_nerfer
    1747 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    A guild mate did it with GAS/Rex/5s/Wat/JMK - DI on GAS, weapons tech on JMK:

nzwvgumnaxjg.png

Another did it with SLKR/GG/B1/B2/Magna - no idea what the strat was there, but apparently it worked
  • Don't worry. Before next month CG will release a PG omicron you can buy for $99.99

• Another did it with SLKR/GG/B1/B2/Magna - no idea what the strat was there, but apparently it worked

Oh wow, thats pretty cool! Mag taunts, triggers B2's tm gain(negates iq speed advantage), buff immunity, slkr pokes to dispell, gg throws out tl, b1 assists, slkr goes into ultimate by his 2nd turn!!
  • Braezac wrote: »

Another did it with SLKR/GG/B1/B2/Magna - no idea what the strat was there, but apparently it worked

Oh wow, thats pretty cool! Mag taunts, triggers B2's tm gain(negates iq speed advantage), buff immunity, slkr pokes to dispell, gg throws out tl, b1 assists, slkr goes into ultimate by his 2nd turn!!

Glad it helped! :smile:
  • I finally managed to beat it this morning on my umpteenth attempt. Used the strategy of RNG and team comp of SKLR R7, Malak R7, Hux R6, Kru R7 and St R6. Everything went my way for once. DOTS killed off most of the IQ, and i actuality got some turns early. Only had sklr left by end. Felt a bit easier than normal.
  • rickertron
    324 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Delete
    Post edited by rickertron on
  • If you wanna to disgust people from playing a game,.. just ask CG ...
    Their greed has no limit ...
    Who should tell them that whales already have all conquest toons at 7 stars ? ....
  • Rey does a good job at that stage too. Did it with Rey R7, hero bros R5, GK R8 and Holdo, but i think any beefy light side tank can work out fine.

Let everyone get Damage Immunity and Reys ult will probably just finish them of.

(Sorry if it has been brought up already)
  • K_Ley2
    38 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    R3 Rex Lead, R3 Fives, R5 Hux, R4 Malak, R8 SLKR just got me there. It took a good 20 attempts and great rng.
  • Mohrg
    197 posts Member
    I'm getting close to beating this with:
    BAM, IG-11, CAT, Enfy Nest and Dash/ Han Solo.
    I can get down to just Reeva vs 4 toons remaining, but then they take a turn lose damage immunity and she just one hits them each in turn before i get another chance.
    better mods and maybe I can do it
  • dcurbano wrote: »
    uv104cqnpz86.jpg
    9b3qg9ox5glh.jpg
    DONE

But you got 0 stars! 😜
  • Reverse psychology worked wonders! After writting to complain here (in my previous post), i was finally able to do it with my SLKR. Han Solo and Malak were key at the start. Hopefully this will help someone with SLKR:

SLKR (L), Hux, KRU, Han, Malak.

First move was to stun GI with Han. Malak removes taunt from Reva. Everyone dies pretty early, only SLKR and Malak will be left. As soon as SLKR can do him ultimate, use it, to keep him alive. Malak will remove taunt and drain life from GI. Eventually it will be SLKR vs Reva, just keep her stunned and yourself alive to finish it off for 1 mighty star!
  • Ferie
    30 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    A guild mate did it with GAS/Rex/5s/Wat/JMK - DI on GAS, weapons tech on JMK:

nzwvgumnaxjg.png

Thank you very much!!! This has worked!

Speed tech (weapon) at JMK, invulnerability at GAS with JMK second special.
    I had to lower GAS speed to around 280 so that he can sustain attacks as long as possible when invulnerable.
    I was also lucky because when he was kneeling, Inquisitors went over 5s and Wat, letting Rex still alive to use the other JMK special.

I need to save this post for next time this event is going to be live again!

• This was a fun couple hours banging my head into the wall for nothing. Thanks CG. Definitely want to invest more time and money into this game. Woof.
  • I honestly see no changes on the difficulty. What did they nerfed? changed the speed from 800 to 799?

What teams did not work before that now can beat it?
  • I’m surprised more people aren’t getting this with Jabba. Just add nest to the squad and they accidentally kill themselves. Then spam the basic on Jabba and ult to clear.
  • No difference, tbh
  • Are you listening yet CG? Are you listening to how you are alienating your player base? Are you listening to how your decisions and communication are…well let’s just say garbage is a compliment.
  • CG gonna CG, this is insane levels of difficulty.

If you're gonna boost the team of conquest standard's, give the player conquest boosts as well.

We get it, you want us all to cream our pants at the idea of their "Power"
  • A good comp is JKL JML Hoda GAS Old Ben. Kenobi dies and gives you an opening.