edited February 2023
8vx5nq8cx0r2.png

UNIT NAME: Tusken Chieftain
ALIGNMENT: Dark Side
CATEGORIES: Support, Leader, Tusken

ABILITIES:
BASIC: Ceremonial Dance (Zeta)
qs7n7qr63h31.gif

Final Text: Call a random other ally to assist, dealing 50% more damage. Grant Tusken allies 2 stacks of Momentum for 3 turns.

SPECIAL 1:Token of Respect (Cooldown: 3)
2i2c7eug3mdf.gif

Final Text: Grant all Tusken allies Protection Up (60%) for 2 turns, dispel all debuffs from them, and reduce their cooldowns by 1.

UNIQUE 1: Ancestral Claim
Final Text: Whenever an enemy recovers Health or Protection, inflict 1 stack of Damage Over Time on them for 2 turns at the end of that turn. Whenever an enemy takes damage from a Damage Over Time effect, Tusken allies recover 10% Health. Tusken allies are immune to Damage Over Time effects.

LEADER: Nomadic People (Zeta, Omicron)

Final Text: Whenever an enemy gains bonus Turn Meter, grant Tusken allies 1 stack of Momentum for 3 turns. Tusken allies gain 20% Defense and Tenacity for each stack of Momentum on them. Whenever a Tusken ally is targeted by an enemy and they have at least 10 stacks of Momentum, remove all stacks of Momentum, Stun all attacking enemies for 1 turn, which can't be resisted, and the targeted Tusken ally takes a bonus turn. For each stack of Momentum removed this way, there is a 20% chance (+5% per Relic Amplifier level, max 50% total) to inflict a stack of Damage Over Time on each attacking enemy for 2 turns.

While in 3v3 Grand Arenas: Boba Fett, Scion of Jango counts as a Tusken ally if there is no character that summons at the start of battle. Boba Fett, Scion of Jango's Payout is active and he can't lose Momentum stacks except through expiration.

Key Attributes:
  • Puts a halt to the Turn Meter Train on its tracks
  • Damage over time makes the pain train come through town Woo Wooooooooo
  • A piece of the Tusken puzzle

Inspiration:
    Tusken Chieftain comes to us from The Book of Boba Fett, where he led the tribe that took in Boba Fett after he escaped the Pit of Carkoon The Token of Respect ability comes from the underground black melon that he offers Boba Fett after Boba proves his worth to the tribe The Ceremonial Dance ability is inspired by the dance the Tuskens do by the bonfire

Strategy Tips:
  • Utilize the new Tusken team to counter frequent Turn Meter gain from teams like Imperial Troopers
  • Tusken Chieftain partners with Boba Fett, Scion of Jango to make a powerful new 3v3 Grand Arenas team

FAQ:
How does the Nomadic People leader ability work with Relic Amplifier levels and targeting?
The increased chance for Damage Over Time applications from Momentum is based on the defending unit’s Relic Amplifier level.
The Stun and Damage Over Time application triggers when an ally is targeted (not necessarily attacked).
We need five Tuskens to fill the squad out, this character only makes it four. When is the next Tusken?
You’ll get another Tusken when you get it.
Soon™
Does he have B1 synergy?
No
TIE Fighter Pilot?
Stahp

Have a question about Tusken Chieftain’s Kit? Fill out this form here:
CLICK HERE
Question Deadline:02/07/2023, 11:59 PM PT
Post edited by CG_Tusken_Meathead on

Replies

• Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    TUSKEN SUPREMACY BEGINS
  • PREPARE for the Tusken Meta =D
  • why another 3v3 omi when the other tuskin has one, are the other tuskins going to get reworked? why have 2 tuskin leaders?
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    why another 3v3 omi when the other tuskin has one, are the other tuskins going to get reworked? why have 2 tuskin leaders?

Because we are going to have 6 tusken units (when you include Boba, Scion)
  • “Hey, you should start leveling up your Sith ships” 👀
  • Boomer8800 wrote: »
    why another 3v3 omi when the other tuskin has one, are the other tuskins going to get reworked? why have 2 tuskin leaders?

The question is... Who is gonna use URoRRuR'R'R leader now? lol
  • yes-spongebob.gif

AND SO IT BEGINS.
    Looking forward to the other kit and reworks!
    ...there will be reworks right? Right?????????
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • So, you will have two 3v3 teams. The OG tusken Trio and the new two + Dadbod boba.
  • HKFactory
    370 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    This sounds exciting. Tuskens are a faction that I’ve wanted to see something new for, for years. Interesting to see an ability that adds a faction tag to a specific character after all this time, makes me wonder if we could see more of that in the future.
  • Why does the Special gif say it's a Basic...
    Hello there.
  • “Hey, you should start leveling up your Sith ships” 👀

@Salatious_Scrum, Thats Totaly True…
    I’m No Jedi!If You Want To Be My Ally, My Ally Code Is: 686-755-486
  • Just wish there was a summon for the Tusken hound

There's still one more Tusken character to be released. Wonder if she'll have it.
    Hello there.

There's still one more Tusken character to be released. Wonder if she'll have it.

If she summons, that switches off BFSoJ working as part of the team. So not likely. More likely she'll have either a 5v5 GAC or TW omicron.
  • Does that mean Tusken Chieftain quits when there is no ally?

• I_JnK_I wrote: »
    Does that mean Tusken Chieftain quits when there is no ally?

Great question, is this a non-combat character like Mothma, Wat, etc?
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    5% maxed at 50%

5x10 also equals 50, relic 10.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    332 posts EA Community Manager
    Currently working on answering the questions, so please fill out the form and get them in!

Thank you to everyone who has sent in quesitons already :)
  • mariogsh wrote: »

In 3v3 you are going to use him anyway.
    Urorororor + raider omi + shaman
    Chieftain omi + warrior + scion

Raider omi wont work with scion and chieftain

I think you need to wait for the Tusken Boy then..I think it was his pet.

• Phoenixeon wrote: »
    mariogsh wrote: »

In 3v3 you are going to use him anyway.
    Urorororor + raider omi + shaman
    Chieftain omi + warrior + scion

Raider omi wont work with scion and chieftain

Or maybe

Chieftain + Female Warrior + Tusken Boy. In this way, people without Scion can also enjoy having the second team.
  • Any chance "Boba Fett, Scion of Jango counts as a Tusken ally" for the purposes of the new raid??? Otherwise he won't be allowed, which seems really odd given his close ties to the Tuskens.
  • Any chance "Boba Fett, Scion of Jango counts as a Tusken ally" for the purposes of the new raid??? Otherwise he won't be allowed, which seems really odd given his close ties to the Tuskens.

That’s a great point, especially given Book of Boba takes place on Tatooine and that was their rationale for faction gating.

I’d take a Hutt Cartel tag on him and Fennec to get them in to the raid too
  • Is there any chance The Mandalorian (Beskar Armor) has synergy with the Tuskens? Canon wise, he has had a pretty strong relationship with them throughout The Mandalorian series; both in his ability to communicate with them and working as a team to kill the Krayt Dragon.
  • Can we expect any 5v5 Gac Omi to use the whole faction there?
    The 5 Tusken faction will be extremely useful in the Krayt raid, so the team will have utility outside of Grand Arenas

@CG_Tusken_Meathead this question wasn't really answered in the Q&A. will any tusken get a 5v5 GAC omi is what was asked, not where they will have uses.

maybe you guys are being koi and saying no, but a direct answer would be nice
  • There is no mention of the chieftain escaping from battle when they are the only ally left. Is this intended, considering he can't actually deal damage?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    vegoman wrote: »
    There is no mention of the chieftain escaping from battle when they are the only ally left. Is this intended, considering he can't actually deal damage?

it said in the q&a that he doesn't escape because he still does dot damage
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nice kit, good job! Finally we will be able to use a full squad of tuskens with 5 members. And they will be very strong! Many thanks for completing the tusken faction! I hope there will be once a gungan faction too (with Jar Jar Binks and Boss Nass).