[MEGA Thread] February Road Ahead

Prev13456
CG_Tusken_Meathead
332 posts EA Community Manager
Discuss all things Road Ahead here!

ROAD AHEAD HERE

Replies

• The devil will be in the details for the raid changes, but overall an exciting Road Ahead. Well done.
  • Magruffin
    760 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Not liking the faction-specific req. Just another way for them to push people into having to invest in less useful factions.
    Why can't I use any of my Lukes or Old Ben; they lived on Tat all of Luke's life prior to ANH?
  • I want to know if players will be compensated for lack of raids during blackout period?

Also, with new raid structure, how will shards previously earned in PIT, Tank, HSTR, be replaced for the shard shop that helps in the build out of gear?

BTW: Great road ahead. Looking forward to the changes, I just hope we aren’t disappointed like we are with Datacrons, and the recent Tie Interceptor Proving ground.
  • KakashiLord
    91 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Going to wait until release to fully judge, but there’s a general feeling in the wording and based on history there is always an element of punishing players. Like I said, wait until it happens but the whole “juggling multiple raids” narrative is definitely completely fabricated. Easily “fixed” though if they improve the reward output in place of one raid at a time. Maybe guarantee max first place rewards per raid for everyone plus a little more to make up for the big losses?

Maybe I’m just reading too much into it but was hard to not have an underlying concern while reading news that should be 100% exciting haha

(Massive punch in the gut with Cpit. We finally got to a point of being about to finish it finally and they’re removing it entirely, hope there is a way to make up for the loss of rewards upon its removal. And I mean immediately, not 3 years down the line)
  • I like the news. Especially getting a new nightsister so we can finally beat challenge level 3 in assault battles.
  • EA just turned a sour day into a delightful one.

As someone who usually doesn't do Raids, this'll be interesting. Wonder how we'll get Aeromagnifiers or what the max ticket cap is now.
    Hello there.
  • bhkru59sr1da.jpg
    So what is the plan with these quests? We all get rewarded them or will be just lose out if we can't finish before the update?

1vmr1v0zdzto.jpg
    Will the prestigious quests get updated? Pretty sure with the ticket changes 8,400 tickets would be impossible to do?
    x67z6kbrn76k.jpg

More on quests
    Will these be updated or better yet, just remove the whole rank from raids parts from these quests?
    vu2a3anot4je.jpg
    16ux8gi479lo.jpg
    u5ipsse5s12i.jpg
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Darth_Sour wrote: »
    Will the prestigious quests get updated? Pretty sure with the ticket changes 8,400 tickets would be impossible to do?

8400 tickets is only 14 days of hitting your 600.
  • I’m curious to see how this raid thing works out. Very excited for the new Tuskens though, and Cal Kestis is a nice addition. Interested to see who the other unannounced Jedi: Fallen Order characters will be.
  • Not a fan of the lower end raid’s loosing the sim ability and the fact about the single raid at a time. But proof will be how the rewards are restructured. Am a fan however of the no attempt no rewards.
  • I like the faction stuff. Kinda limits everyone tossing 5 Legends into the raid a thats it. The faction do bother me a bit, but with tusks being a full squad now im ready for that
  • Very exciting RA, loving this. Keeps me excited to keep playing. Can't wait to try the new raids and Fallen Order content.

Bit of a concern, though. I can't help but feel that with so many new characters added lately, the goal post for early game players keeps getting moved further without proper catch-up mechanics.

More characters means more resources that some newer accounts are starved of for the first few years of play; like zetas, omegas, credits, carbantis, and oddly enough, mk2 fleet ability mats. Would love to see some improvements to these, like increasing rewards or frequency to existing events (Omega battles, credit heist, etc). Could even add a purchasable supplement to the Hyperdrive Bundle.

Also excited for new raids on the horizon... wondering if we will see Hoth AT-AT or even Fleet raids (like Jedi/Republic vs Droid Lucrehulk).
  • _Marec_ wrote: »
    Very exciting RA, loving this. Keeps me excited to keep playing. Can't wait to try the new raids and Fallen Order content.

Bit of a concern, though. I can't help but feel that with so many new characters added lately, the goal post for early game players keeps getting moved further without proper catch-up mechanics.

More characters means more resources that some newer accounts are starved of for the first few years of play; like zetas, omegas, credits, carbantis, and oddly enough, mk2 fleet ability mats. Would love to see some improvements to these, like increasing rewards or frequency to existing events (Omega battles, credit heist, etc). Could even add a purchasable supplement to the Hyperdrive Bundle.

Also excited for new raids on the horizon... wondering if we will see Hoth AT-AT or even Fleet raids (like Jedi/Republic vs Droid Lucrehulk).

Wonder if we'll get a fancy Malevolence Raid to unlock something like Resolute.
    Hello there.
  • Haruk
    108 posts Member
    Merrin:

Merrin is a Nightsister who lived on her homeworld of Dathomir during the Imperial Era.

Designed to lift the Nightsister squad

ALL THE HECKIN HYPE FOR ONE OF MY FAVORITE SQUADS!!!
  • Cal Kestis!

Super excited for this! And the raid changes seem interesting too. Good road ahead.

I’m a little confused on the fallen order content and hero’s journey. It says Cal, Merrin, and Cere will join to help Cal on the journey, but then it says 5 new characters from fallen order, will these other 2 be needed for the journey? Will we need to two inquisitors that are already released that are part of that game? I’d like to know sooner than later so I can start farming those characters.

Also, will “fallen order” be its own faction? Using them for feats kind of implies it’s own faction, I know feats can be individual characters too though.
  • I WANT to be excited, it all sounds exciting…but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t concerned about the loss/balancing of raid rewards. So far, it seems like every time CG says there won’t be a net loss in rewards, that only ends up being true for the very top level of players.

Mixed on the faction specific raid gate. It’s a great idea to clear some design space and not have to solve for every mechanic out there, but it’s definitely just going to be used as another way for them to monetize specific factions…
  • Cal Kestis!

Super excited for this! And the raid changes seem interesting too. Good road ahead.

I’m a little confused on the fallen order content and hero’s journey. It says Cal, Merrin, and Cere will join to help Cal on the journey, but then it says 5 new characters from fallen order, will these other 2 be needed for the journey? Will we need to two inquisitors that are already released that are part of that game? I’d like to know sooner than later so I can start farming those characters.

Also, will “fallen order” be its own faction? Using them for feats kind of implies it’s own faction, I know feats can be individual characters too though.

I read the heroes journey to be the same as the Mando/BAM unlock.
  • I Can’t Belive That Cal Kestis is Coming To SWGOH! (: Thks CG!
    I’m No Jedi!If You Want To Be My Ally, My Ally Code Is: 686-755-486
  • StarSon wrote: »

Not if they change it as they stated and as I added in the screenshot, say "ticket", not plural.
    To me reads possibly changing to 1 ticket. That part does not matter much to me as I am way past that quest, just worried about younger accounts when they get to that part in the chain.
  • Raid changes concerns me. With only one raid rule could Han, Kenoby and Traya be farmable at same time for those who is working on Krayt Dragon Raid?
  • Darth_Sour wrote: »
    StarSon wrote: »

Not if they change it as they stated and as I added in the screenshot, say "ticket", not plural.
    To me reads possibly changing to 1 ticket. That part does not matter much to me as I am way past that quest, just worried about younger accounts when they get to that part in the chain.

It says "ticket" because currently there are 4 different tickets and after this new raid starts there will be 1 ticket. You still have to earn 600 of them every day.
  • I WANT to be excited, it all sounds exciting…but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t concerned about the loss/balancing of raid rewards. So far, it seems like every time CG says there won’t be a net loss in rewards, that only ends up being true for the very top level of players.

Mixed on the faction specific raid gate. It’s a great idea to clear some design space and not have to solve for every mechanic out there, but it’s definitely just going to be used as another way for them to monetize specific factions…

Agree, some of these changes will likely hurt the early-to-mid gamer who doesn't have those specific factions or are building them to a viable level. Meaning, less rewards for them than the current SIM system.
  • Dustymudd_77
    11 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    I think they will move the raid characters to a shop so they will be farmable there for newer players? My guild is all over the place with a lot of us having 7* all raid rooms and some others still working towards the lower raid toons. Hopefully if they are in a shop then guilds can still do higher end raids without holding back certain members of their guilds

Rewards also include new Raid Currency that can be used to purchase items from Shipments
    This special Raid Currency can only be earned from the Featured Raid (the latest Raid released)
  • my favorite part was when it said “all future raids” :):):)

This looks great! I can’t wait!
  • I know it wasn't mentioned in the new raid update. But if you one day release Co b Vanth how will he be able to help in the raid?

The raid says restricted to characters that have dealt with a Krayt dragon. Cobb vanth helped Mando but technically is not part of any of the factions listed. If he is introduced one day will he be able to participate in the new raid?

Or because he had mandolarian armor will be added to that faction even though he is not really.
  • Other than the usual and ever present goal of screwing over a significant portion of the player base, what’s the purpose of the raid changes? I’m sorry but I can’t wrap my head around how you think “juggling” multiple raids is difficult, especially since half are simmed. If people don’t want to do multiple raids they can choose not to, no one is forcing guilds to do it. Why screw everyone over for something no one is complaining about? Now those of us who haven’t maxed out a character in one of these raids (Traya for example affects me) will be left behind while our guilds move on to other raids. It would be nice if you guys could work towards 100% positive change instead of focusing on making sure to inflict as much damage as you think we can swallow along with anything good.
  • Affy
    63 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Community - give us more raids
    CG - here’s a new raid. Restricted squads so we don’t have to have insane difficulty levels or ridiculous conditions to stop some random combination of CUP and Maul’s legs soloing it intentionally. And then lets us create more new raids with much more semblance to the real Star Wars universe.

Community - no. That’s not what we want. We just want to be angry with CG.

I’m not saying CG are perfect, far from it. But at least this sounds exciting. A new character many have been calling for since fallen order came out. What exactly is it it you want then? Is it not more content to relive the exciting moments of Star Wars we all know and love? Which is what this seems to be trying to achieve.

This seems perfectly reasonable to me. Why would the separatists be needed in a Krayt dragon raid? Why would you want Jawas on a Death Star raid for example, or Nightsister on a gungan raid?

But hey, let’s call CG out on it before we know all the details despite the early communication actually sounding promising.
  • WombatJediKnight
    140 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Overall it does sound exciting, but I'm pretty annoyed that cpit is being completely removed. Our guild has been working towards completing this and I have spent effort gearing up characters and squads that I otherwise have no use for. So a lot of wasted materials spent for which I will never see the benefit of.
    Post edited by WombatJediKnight on
  • Affy wrote: »
    Community - give us more raids
    CG - here’s a new raid. Restricted squads so we don’t have to have insane difficulty levels or ridiculous conditions to stop some random combination of CUP and Maul’s legs soloing it intentionally. And then lets us create more new raids with much more semblance to the real Star Wars universe.

Community - no. That’s not what we want. We just want to be angry with CG.

I’m not saying CG are perfect, far from it. But at least this sounds exciting. A new character many have been calling for since fallen order came out. What exactly is it it you want then? Is it not more content to relive the exciting moments of Star Wars we all know and love? Which is what this seems to be trying to achieve.

This seems perfectly reasonable to me. Why would the separatists be needed in a Krayt dragon raid? Why would you want Jawas on a Death Star raid for example, or Nightsister on a gungan raid?

But hey, let’s call CG out on it before we know all the details despite the early communication actually sounding promising.

Where did they say the difficulty won't be insane and that's the reason for restricted teams? The real reason is to make us waste resources on useless teams, so that people spend more money.
    Also, more raids = you can only play one from now on?
    And we'll see how they handle rewards. I doubt the new raid will give shards for han, traya, gk, gear, aeromagnifiers plus something else.