New raid changes

Prev13456
Deathbringer59
562 posts Member
edited February 2023
Who's excited or not the new changes? I'm both

Excited cause new raid and better rewards if we can get far. A new guild currency to means another shop for more things. Also Cal Castis finally coming!!

Not excited cause they're reducing the amount of raids we can do at once. It sounds like the rewards will be a good on the higher tiers but will it even to missing the other raids? That's something I'm waiting to see. Them also making us use required toons is a bit annoying but I'm sure that will be overcome easy

Replies

• I very much like this:
    The exact list of affected debuffs and their associated impacts is still being worked on, but players will be able to more fully utilize their characters’ abilities to find success in Raids that feature this mechanic.

I'm tired of the approach to development where you work hard to unlock a character and are then told you're not allowed to use their abilities b/c those abilities are too powerful. This still doesn't allow you to fully use your abilities, but it's better than before.

This, however:
    First, you’ll be heading to the native home planet of the Krayt Dragon, Tatooine.

is not something I'm excited about. This strongly suggests that they'll be bringing planetary modifiers to raids. Yeesh. Not interested in that. I mean we'll adapt and overcome as a community, but it's not what I want.

The Faction-specific bit is actually hopeful, though.

The reason I like is that just what I was saying earlier: they nerf all abilities because characters have become too powerful.

But of course part of it is just that the abilities have become too complicated even for CG. With near-infinite toon comps you never know what surprising synergies might work well together. SLKR + Wat + Hermit Yoda + Hux was the unexpected core group of the first squad to solo HSTR. By limiting the factions available it is my hope (yes, that may not pan out) that we will be allowed to use more of the abilities that make our toons great.

And of course whether they allow us to use our favourite abilities or not, fewer factions with fewer unexpected synergies means that after the inevitable scanty testing there will be fewer nerfs b/c we'll be much more likely to follow the path CG expects (not being given any others). Sure that's less creative, but it's also less frustrating then finding something that works and having it get taken away.

As for which squads specifically? My Hutts, Mandos and tuskens are fine, though they'll still get work around the corners and Tuskens will need those 2 new toons), but it's Jawas and OR that will get the most work from me and... I don't mind that at all, really. Both of those factions have been on the "it would be nice to upgrade them" list forever.
  • I'm excited based on what was actually written. YMMV

1 raid at a time, yes please! I haven't touched cPit save once or twice in the past year. HAAT and Rancor were on sim. HSR every 3.5 days became too much for me a few months ago. So I've been doing 0 at a time for the most part since last summer.

Participate in the raid at a time of your choosing, er muh gerd, YES! When I started this game, I had one 10-mo kiddo. Now I have a 1, 4, and 6 year old. It's SO hard to get in and do HSR during the small window I have. Knowing I can do my raid stuff on my own schedule will be such a huge QOL improvement for me.

Shift to cooperative rewards. YES!

Faction restrictions... if it means what they said about design space and they actually release a new raid every few months, sounds great to me. Besides, with what GAC is turning into and how little the new TB has inspired me to build squads, I'm looking forward to scratching that PvE roster development itch.

Hopefully CG gets the rewards right (the part in bold and red).
  • Separately:
    First, we wanted to change the way Raids distribute rewards to a system that promotes cooperation and not interguild competition. A guild often needs to really pull together to complete the newest tier or event that they have reached and it feels contradictory to then ask them to compete against each other simultaneously.

I have been saying this ever since HAAT came out, maybe before: Raids are joint endeavours. Rewarding cooperation strengthens guilds and relationships and takes some of the weight off guild leaders' shoulders. Instead of yelling at someone to participate, the rewards themselves provide the incentive to participate. This allows GLs to function less like tyrants and more like cheerleaders, creating better, friendlier experiences for everyone.
    Also it shows that they do listen. Even if it takes CG 5 years to implement good advice at least they heard it!
  • Sounds slightly cheapened to me. If you can only do Pit, then does it matter what the others are? I am bummed about the simming rule; that should be the reward of being able to be done with that raid. And getting rid if CPit! My guild was just now able to complete it!

As for the points system, that has its benefit.....
  • Hopefully they can make the rewards kind of even out. I am somewhat hopeful that this will be a good change for the game.
  • I have friends who are convinced this will all be terrible, but when you talk to them it's pretty clear that their fears are based around a distrust that CG will get it right, not that the fundamental ideas are wrong.

Since they make mistakes at everything that they do, I'd rather have them try for something good and mess up than try for something worse and mess up anyway.
    I am bummed about the simming rule; that should be the reward of being able to be done with that raid.

Now the rewards are that you get the gear without even having to sim it, just by increasing the rewards for the next raid to include all the rewards from the previous raids.

it's as good as simming without having to actually sim. (As long as CG implements this correctly.)
  • I’m bummed about the simming and one raid at a time but if the rewards are done right and accumulate as they go up then it will be just as good. Time will tell on this one. Anyone know when we can expect the changes?
  • I’m bummed about the simming and one raid at a time but if the rewards are done right and accumulate as they go up then it will be just as good. Time will tell on this one. Anyone know when we can expect the changes?

If you suddenly lose the ability to Raid, expect the update drop.
    Hello there.
  • Excited on the whole by the changes and welcome new raid formats and frequency.

I am however nervous about any reward changes. Guild currency is vital for picking up certain pieces of gear and shards. Accumulating it over several raid sims a week speeds up the lower gear crunch. Cpit didn't reward this, which is potentially telling for new reward systems.

Also sith raid IMO is some of the best rewards in the game, especially for gear 12+ pieces so will be sad to see that go. Equally as worrying is lack of R8 pieces and how they might be gated around harder events.

Defo not a moan though, really like the changes just hope these points have been considered!
  • Accumulating it over several raid sims a week speeds up the lower gear crunch.

Yeah, it will require a bit more thought to manage the guild tokens if they come in one lump/week rather than constant injections every day or two. I didn't bother planning ahead much for that currency. Now I guess I'll be planning ahead more. We'll see.
  • Hey, maybe we won't have to do our 600 daily anymore. That would be nice.

I guess our Aeromagnifier stash is going to start dropping unless you can complete Krayt.
  • I guess our Aeromagnifier stash is going to start dropping unless you can complete Krayt.

Maybe. Maybe not. They said that they're trying to set things up so that the new raid system entirely replaces the old -- and they know they're getting rid of ChallengePit.

For that reason I suspect (but I can easily be wrong, I have no special knowledge of CG's plans), that the top-most level of HSTR replaces all rewards from not just HAAT and HPit, but also CPit.

We'll see, of course.

Also that thing about lowest-tier of a raid tuned to g10 sounds scary. How can they reasonably give out rewards in the Krayt raid that replace everything before but only requires g10 toons? That just sounds suspicious, like it would mess up the gear economy with noobs heading straight for g10 Jawas (who are all easy to farm and require no Kyros) and then using the Krayt rewards to take the Jawas to g12 easily and move up a tier, then take the Jawas to minimal relics (young accounts struggle with relic mats, but they could still do straight r3) and move up another tier and use that to bring up the Hutt Cartel (CPit does reward some Kyros after all) as they are farmed.

It's such an obvious upgrade path I don't know if CG will tolerate it.

Of course if they implement this system with more frequent raids, we could see a new raid every 6 months instead of every 2 years. It doesn't take that long in the new gear economy to get your Jawas to g10 but it's not nothing either, and if they're constantly rotating the raids and factions, things are going to get weird with newer accounts rushing to g10 an easily available team that is eligible for the new raid then trying to get the most out of them before the raid switches without investing too heavily b/c by the time you get 5xr6 the raid is replaced (if you're a young account playing with account resources enhanced by the new raid system but otherwise the same).
  • I’m deeply concerned over rewards.

Conquest progression scares me. The system where the higher you get, the reward box is changed to give more of what CG believes you need and less of what they don’t believe you need, eg more aero less gear.

I fear they are going to rob me of a source for some of the purple gear I never farm but get exclusively from old pit (I believe that’s the one dropping useful purples) as well as deprive me of most of the much needed G12 gear from Sith raid in exchange for aero and maybe even droid brains (neither of which I particularly need tbh)…
  • I am hyped about this raid. And the fact theat they said “future raids.” Eventually it will hit a faction I am good at. For now, I rly like it, and JFO characters and tuskens look fun.
  • Well, I would like to know how will the new reward system affect the quests and achievements?

E.g.:
    zp7xyjuxwigd.jpg
    78jcnvs22n9v.jpg
  • Raicall wrote: »
    Well, I would like to know how will the new reward system affect the quests and achievements?

The RA specifically addressed that. Said achievements with specific guild event requirements would be changed.
  • Good stuff

100% my answer, apart from having kids.
  • But changed how lol. It didn't address it at all. Just by saying that "something" is going to be addressed is not a final answer.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    That's how RA's often work. Details to follow.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I personally think the new raid system will cause more players to leave... the game is already hemorrhaging players... getting harder and harder to find replacements... the players with the needed factions relic'ed will not appreciate carrying the others for the same rewards so they will leave to go to guilds that have similar rosters so its more fair for them and get better rewards in the process... which will cause more players to leave the guilds losing the more equipped players... I foresee this causing more issues than helping

IF something like this was implemented before the current state of decay in swgoh it may have worked great... at this point I think its a sharp stick in the eye to the player base
  • But they won't get the same rewards...

With this change there will be two different ways to earn rewards, a Guild Track and an Individual Track. You will earn rewards based on the amount of points you contribute from the Individual Track and can be claimed immediately. You will also receive rewards from your Guild’s track depending on the amount of points everyone in your Guild earned at the end of the event.
  • I'm extremely skeptical about this change. For example always every single sith raid I get a fully or partially crafted piece. If they change the rewards to be even between members, that'll mean we get less, and plain garbage, just like the Pit/ATT Raid when skimmed. The medium line rewards which are not exactly a motivating factor at all. I guess we'll have to wait and see but knowing CG's track record I'm not holding my breath on this having a positive impact.

Also, having raids that are team specific is going to cause issues again. CG says "they don't want Guild members to compete against each other" this will cause a lot of guilds to fall apart. As most Guilds will mandate at least one of those teams. We already have character specific stuff in TBs why do we need to implement that in Raids as well? Doesn't make much sense at all.
  • The game is getting older. I have played since shortly after launch. I came from playing Heros of Dragon Age (Another CG mobile game). The new raid changes are clearly designed to benefit a guild with active, daily players. The "requiring specfic debuffs, and tactics" bit is making me figure we will be needing new teams, which will take time and money to build and learn. No doubt an attempt to breathe life into the game. Ok fair enough. They need to do this. But, will these changes trigger whales to pave our way with their spending, and thereby grease the way for non whales to ride the wave? I doubt it. Following Google Plays list of top grossing shows a steady decline. Last time I checked SWGOH was at 58 and RSL was 20. SWGOH used to be around 14 or so. Most of the dedicated players with the best rosters are long gone.

The game will continue. They need a revenue stream to stay afloat while they work on whatever the new game is. The main thing I see as a result of the raid changes is, stream lining the template so they can bring out new raids in a cut and paste fashion, in a cookie cutter format. Team builds will vary based on the need for new characters coming out.

The number of active players will reduce. But changes usually thin the herd.

MTFBWY
  • Ragnarok_COTF
    1772 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    I'm extremely skeptical about this change. For example always every single sith raid I get a fully or partially crafted piece. If they change the rewards to be even between members, that'll mean we get less, and plain garbage, just like the Pit/ATT Raid when skimmed. The medium line rewards which are not exactly a motivating factor at all. I guess we'll have to wait and see but knowing CG's track record I'm not holding my breath on this having a positive impact.

Also, having raids that are team specific is going to cause issues again. CG says "they don't want Guild members to compete against each other" this will cause a lot of guilds to fall apart. As most Guilds will mandate at least one of those teams. We already have character specific stuff in TBs why do we need to implement that in Raids as well? Doesn't make much sense at all.

Those are just arguments against new raids in general.

Every raid has had a pseudo faction requirement. With Pit, it was Teebo and other early TMR toons. With HSR, it was JTR and NS. With cPit, it was SLK+NS and Rey+501st. If your guild was big enough to not need those teams right away, then you probably already had those teams anyway. And just like previous new raids, you don't have to clear the highest tier of the newest raid on day 1 if you aren't ready.
  • I'm extremely skeptical about this change. For example always every single sith raid I get a fully or partially crafted piece. If they change the rewards to be even between members, that'll mean we get less, and plain garbage, just like the Pit/ATT Raid when skimmed. The medium line rewards which are not exactly a motivating factor at all. I guess we'll have to wait and see but knowing CG's track record I'm not holding my breath on this having a positive impact.

Those are just arguments against new raids in general.

Every raid has had a pseudo faction requirement. With Pit, it was Teebo and other early TMR toons. With HSR, it was JTR and NS. With cPit, it was SLK+NS and Rey+501st. If your guild was big enough to not need those teams right away, then you probably already had those teams anyway. And just like previous new raids, you don't have to clear the highest tier of the newest raid on day 1 if you aren't ready.

Not exactly. I don't care if they introduce 10 new Raids. My concern is about currently having a steady gear income, a steady guild currency income, a steady shard income (exchange for shard currency which buys gear) Being able to run only one raid will likely not going to generate even half as much as I'm currently getting. I'd need to get at the very least 6k guild currency/week from the new format because that's what I'm getting from the current. I'd need to get at least one piece of fully crafted gear/week because that's what I'm getting currently by finishing top 5 in Sith raid. Anything below that is a slap in the face. My issue is NOT with a new Raid, my issue is messing with the current ones!
  • I wouldn't put it past CG to mess it up, but they directly addressed this concern in bold, red text. If/when they do mess it up, I will agree that you were metaphorically back-handed across the face by CG.

Even if they do get it right, you may get a slight nerf in your HSR rewards as a perennial top 5 finisher. But the majority of players--those in guilds with more than 10 full clears per run and those who don't have the time/care to solo the raid for the umpteenth time--should see an increase from the rewards change.
  • This will be a good thing for everyone that didn’t fully participate in hstr and cpit imo. I’m sure you’ll get similar to better rewards than you were getting for pit, tank, hstr and cpit. I’m also sure that if you were getting top 10 in hstr and top 5 in cpit regularly you’ll see less rewards.
  • I'm interested in the change, very curious how this'll look and work on a weekly basis.

I'm not sure if I missed this, the first 3 Raids, needed a minimum requirement of 7*, and the CPit requires Relic 5 to participate.

Does the Krayt Raid also require a minimum Relic level or will it be back to 7* and the mentioned factions?

Thanks.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    I'm interested in the change, very curious how this'll look and work on a weekly basis.

I'm not sure if I missed this, the first 3 Raids, needed a minimum requirement of 7*, and the CPit requires Relic 5 to participate.

Does the Krayt Raid also require a minimum Relic level or will it be back to 7* and the mentioned factions?

Thanks.

The RA didn't say, and I don't expect them to say before the raid goes live. But I would guess it's back to just the 7* requirement given the difficulty modifier feature.