[MEGA Thread] February Road Ahead

Replies

• Hutt Cartel
    Jawa
    Mandalorian
    Old Republic
    Tusken

I have these guys at least R3 minimum...no excuse for me to be lazy anymore lol
  • I'm hyped for the new characters and the new raid, but it seems ridiculous to limit raids to one at a time and get rid of simming, thats a lot of potential rewards missed as well as making it harder for people to get toons like han or kenobi if the rest of the guild wants to move on
  • MrChasePHD wrote: »
    I'm hyped for the new characters and the new raid, but it seems ridiculous to limit raids to one at a time and get rid of simming, thats a lot of potential rewards missed as well as making it harder for people to get toons like han or kenobi if the rest of the guild wants to move on
    RA specifically says that the individual track rewards will equal the simmed rewards.
    Plus it sounds like they are adding a raid store, so I highly suspect the shards will also be available there.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Will it just be steps for Prestigious Quests relating to raids and TBs that are changed/removed, or are others included as well, such as this Hyperdrive Quest?4setfmw7cwga.png
  • I WANT to be excited, it all sounds exciting…but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t concerned about the loss/balancing of raid rewards. So far, it seems like every time CG says there won’t be a net loss in rewards, that only ends up being true for the very top level of players.

Mixed on the faction specific raid gate. It’s a great idea to clear some design space and not have to solve for every mechanic out there, but it’s definitely just going to be used as another way for them to monetize specific factions…

They only really care about the top level players because they're the ones that have either been playing their game for ages to get there, or have paid to get there.
    N1-Starfighter When?
  • I WANT to be excited, it all sounds exciting…but I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t concerned about the loss/balancing of raid rewards. So far, it seems like every time CG says there won’t be a net loss in rewards, that only ends up being true for the very top level of players.

Mixed on the faction specific raid gate. It’s a great idea to clear some design space and not have to solve for every mechanic out there, but it’s definitely just going to be used as another way for them to monetize specific factions…

There is a reason we put that section in Red :)

Red 5 confirmed as a Krayt Dragon reward!
  • Affy wrote: »
    Community - give us more raids
    CG - here’s a new raid. Restricted squads so we don’t have to have insane difficulty levels or ridiculous conditions to stop some random combination of CUP and Maul’s legs soloing it intentionally. And then lets us create more new raids with much more semblance to the real Star Wars universe.

Community - no. That’s not what we want. We just want to be angry with CG.

I’m not saying CG are perfect, far from it. But at least this sounds exciting. A new character many have been calling for since fallen order came out. What exactly is it it you want then? Is it not more content to relive the exciting moments of Star Wars we all know and love? Which is what this seems to be trying to achieve.

This seems perfectly reasonable to me. Why would the separatists be needed in a Krayt dragon raid? Why would you want Jawas on a Death Star raid for example, or Nightsister on a gungan raid?

But hey, let’s call CG out on it before we know all the details despite the early communication actually sounding promising.

Where did they say the difficulty won't be insane and that's the reason for restricted teams? The real reason is to make us waste resources on useless teams, so that people spend more money.
    Also, more raids = you can only play one from now on?
    And we'll see how they handle rewards. I doubt the new raid will give shards for han, traya, gk, gear, aeromagnifiers plus something else.

But wouldnt the new raid render those toons as "not useless" anymore? Bring more value across the board instead of pushing 5 characters further everytime

• Individual players will modify their own runs to earn more points for their Guild. Meaning someone can run a raid attempt on 0 modifier for X points, while someone in the guild can run theirs with max modifications for XXXX points more.

Let me get this straight: It’s not a difficulty for the entire guild anymore, I can choose the difficulty I want when I participate in the Raid and it will affect the points I gain (for instance: easy: score x1, hard: score x3), and the more points I gain, the better my individual rewards (also more points added to the total guild score, so more points = better guild score and better guild rewards). So we can find our own difficulty level where we’re confortable ? That’s awesome.
  • Gawejn
    1104 posts Member
    So i really dont have one team ready for a new raid. Ready means full g13. I assume that many players can have the same situation. So from getting good rewards from raids i will go to bad rewards couse my personal score wont be so good.....that will be great. So great......
  • Great road ahead. Lots of great stuff to look forward to thanks CG. Just get rid of datacrons and the game will be at a strong point.
  • Gawejn wrote: »
    So i really dont have one team ready for a new raid. Ready means full g13. I assume that many players can have the same situation. So from getting good rewards from raids i will go to bad rewards couse my personal score wont be so good.....that will be great. So great......

What holds you back from farming them now?

Maybe your rewards will suffer (we don’t know yet), but your gameplay experience will be improved imo. Instead of registering and waiting for your rewards because you’re getting smacked by the high difficulty that the rest of your guildmates can handle, you can tailor the difficulty to your level and actually play the raid.
  • Gawejn
    1104 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Gawejn wrote: »

Maybe your rewards will suffer (we don’t know yet), but your gameplay experience will be improved imo. Instead of registering and waiting for your rewards because you’re getting smacked by the high difficulty that the rest of your guildmates can handle, you can tailor the difficulty to your level and actually play the raid.

It will be massive rage for many players. I do play gac and in my case i see my opponents,they dont have teams for new raid. like accounts 8mil gp. I have no idea about what guild gp you write, but in my guild nobody is caring, everyone has minimum 2gl and are beyond 6mil gp. Nobody is getting smacked by high difficulty. I just see that most of them dont have teams like jawa,tuskens ready and if rewards will be based on amounts of teams and tries, rewards for whole guild will be much less..and any idea about tailoring dificulty is strange..but we will see...i assume that new raid and changes to raids are couse of double gear for lvl g1 g12.they want to nerf rewards..thats my opinion
  • "Limited Faction Use Per Raid"

Not agree.
    As a new player who still have limited roster, i can imagine that i can't participate in many future raids as much as i do now in simmed raids.

It means...i will be deprived of many rewards.

Please don't do this. You can have the new system, but let the players use the best team they have. Limiting faction means it is unfair for the new players who still have limited roster.
    Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting
  • "Limited Faction Use Per Raid"

Not agree.
    As a new player who still have limited roster, i can imagine that i can't participate in many future raids as much as i do now in simmed raids.

It means...i will be deprived of many rewards.

Please don't do this. You can have the new system, but let the players use the best team they have. Limiting faction means it is unfair for the new players who still have limited roster.

You can use the best team you have, just not in the new raid. Which you shouldnt do anyway as newer player if they are supposed to be in ascending difficulty
  • OK, so, my doubt is:
    We have quite a few feats (from Hyperdrive Bundle), that require to do something in the Raids.
    How is it going to be handled?
    Also, Fulcrum feat journey also requires a Hoth TB feat. With new TB being top priority, how can I ever fill this feat? I won't sacrifice the rewards for joining a low GP Guild just for that. But on the other hand, I'd like to complete the feat somehow...
  • Being from an international guild with very different time zones I like the changes a lot and look forward to it!
  • I_JnK_I wrote: »
    You can use the best team you have, just not in the new raid. Which you shouldnt do anyway as newer player if they are supposed to be in ascending difficulty

I think they gonna apply this format to any raid in the future. Not just the new raid.

Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting
  • Tsfletch wrote: »
    Please tell us where the aeromagnifiers will be at least.

The only reason to remove CPit is because the Kyrotech bottleneck isn’t effective at higher levels so they’ll create a bigger aero bottleneck than the one that already exists by removing this source. I’m sure they’ll be available through the new raid but drastically reduced in quantity and/or availability. The whole notion that they’re removing CPit and limiting to one raid at a time because they’re worried about us juggling multiple raids is ridiculous and frankly insulting to our intelligence. Why not just enable sim on each older raid in order as new raids become available? We don’t lose anything, CG doesn’t have to worry about us being overwhelmed and there are new challenges available to keep people interested. Easy peasy! Unfortunately the reality is that it’s just another (very) thinly disguised paywall with the aeromagnifier removal and limitation on factions. I get that it’s a business first and a game second but if you’re screwing us over be open and honest about it. If you can’t do that at least put some effort into the excuse.

No one knows what the restructured rewards will look like - it might be a bit early to assume that they're screwing us over. If they're removing CPit it's more likely that they'll move a few aeros into HSTR and/or put them in lower tier rewards for Krayt. Honestly though, aeros aren't a pinch point - they're only a pinch point currently if your guild is not completing CPit - if you are, then you likely can't farm impulse detectors fast enough to keep up with the aero income, not to mention all the relic mats that lead up to R8. But the point is, we really don't know what they're going to do with the rewards - I think it's premature to start hurling accusations about who is getting screwed, how they're getting screwed, and why they're getting screwed.

I'm not sure I'm crazy about how they're restructuring the raids - it does seem to me that it would be easier to just enable sims on all the raids that have been completed x number of times - but I do know that players have been complaining about the fact that raids are often more competitive than they are cooperative for a long, long time now. That's been a problem from the very beginning and they're finally addressing it - and from the sounds of it, they've come up with a very elegant solution to that problem. The thing is (as per usual) there's not enough information in the RA to form a solid opinion of what these changes are going to look like. I'm content and quite un-bothered by taking a wait and see position on this.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • I_JnK_I wrote: »

I think they gonna apply this format to any raid in the future. Not just the new raid.

Right - they said as much. Not to put too fine a point on it Gege - but what tier of HSTR is your guild currently completing? I get the feeling that you're at little while away from having to worry about this since all the legacy raids will still allow whatever team you want to bring.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • If this has already been commented, sorry not sorry.

If the Hero’s Journey for Cal (Survivor) doesn’t have encounters against Oggdo Bogdo and the Guardians from the Temple on Zeffo… you missed out …
  • GegeGerard24
    418 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Right - they said as much. Not to put too fine a point on it Gege - but what tier of HSTR is your guild currently completing? I get the feeling that you're at little while away from having to worry about this since all the legacy raids will still allow whatever team you want to bring.

Just to be clear...
    I am worried that i cant do anymore "The pit", "Sith triumvirate", "Tank takedown"...

They say, in the future, raids can't be simmed anymore and limited factions.
    I am worried that the new format prevents many new players from accessing the raids as much as b4.

I have no problem with "can't be simmed anymore"...but with the "limited factions", 100% not agree...

Atm...i am this close to do "crancor"...
    Not so long ago, i got my 1st relic-ed character (R3 Darth Vader) and i am trying to bring him to R5.

When he reaches R5, i can do crancor...

But what if they decided to ban "empire" faction from doing crancor...
    Dang, i would have to upgrade some1 else...

Imagine...how much rewards would i lose...
    I should be able to do crancor in a few weeks...then suddently i would have to do it in few months (maybe years, if they decided that crancor can only be done with ewoks)...

For old players with nearly complete roster, this new format will not effect them...
    But for new players???

That is my concern...

Just let everyones use anything they have!
  • yolkywareagle
    1016 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Atm...i am this close to do "crancor"...
    Not so long ago, i got my 1st relic-ed character (R3 Darth Vader) and i am trying to bring him to R5.

i truly liked reading this part…
  • Just let everyones use anything they have!

I mean...the game once said that they want that new players can catch up with the veterans...(i can't remember where i read that, but they did say it)

"Limited faction", this is not THAT.
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Gawejn wrote: »

It will be massive rage for many players. I do play gac and in my case i see my opponents,they dont have teams for new raid. like accounts 8mil gp. I have no idea about what guild gp you write, but in my guild nobody is caring, everyone has minimum 2gl and are beyond 6mil gp. Nobody is getting smacked by high difficulty. I just see that most of them dont have teams like jawa,tuskens ready and if rewards will be based on amounts of teams and tries, rewards for whole guild will be much less..and any idea about tailoring dificulty is strange..but we will see...i assume that new raid and changes to raids are couse of double gear for lvl g1 g12.they want to nerf rewards..thats my opinion

Sorry if I wasn't clear.
    Before the change: your guild engage in a new raid on hard difficulty. You can't compete with this level of difficulty and are getting smacked ? Too bad, just register and wait for some reward, which will be inferior than those who scored more points.
    After the change: your guild engage in the new raid without specific difficulty. You choose your own difficulty. If you're going the easy way, you'll have less individual rewards than other guildmates than scored higher points and will share the same guild rewards. But in this case, you actually played the game. So, in a gameplay perspective, it's a win.

We can't say at the moment if going for the new raid will be worth it for a particular guild because we don't know what rewards we will have for how many points. Will G12 in a couple of teams be enough to score some points on easy difficulty and get more rewards than we had completing Sith Raid ? No idea. I bet not, but no idea. Will one relic team be enough ? Maybe, and a guild that have HSith on farm have will likely have members able to scrap at least one relic team from the factions needed, because some great characters are Hutt Cartel, Mandalorians or Old Republic. And if not... well, that just means guld willing to engage will have to farm some specific teams, just like it happened when Sith raid arrived and we didn't have GLs. Except this time, we will get rewards even if we're not successful in defeating the raid.

Silver lining: Jabba was already a great farm before he was a candidate for Dragon Krayt. Time to farm Lord Slug.
  • Updating the raids would be the perfect time for a small QOL update to the event and raid notices on the cantina home screen. Hopefully separate them from the ads and use more of the screen edges so they don’t get hidden because of a lack of space?
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Jimster1 wrote: »
    I know it wasn't mentioned in the new raid update. But if you one day release Co b Vanth how will he be able to help in the raid?

The raid says restricted to characters that have dealt with a Krayt dragon. Cobb vanth helped Mando but technically is not part of any of the factions listed. If he is introduced one day will he be able to participate in the new raid?

Or because he had mandolarian armor will be added to that faction even though he is not really.

Maul isn't even a Mandalorian and yet he has the Mandalorian tag. Then again, this was so he could effectively lead Mandalorian squads, though there are 2 characters who benefit factions that they aren't in.
    Hello there.
  • Just let everyones use anything they have!

I mean...the game once said that they want that new players can catch up with the veterans...(i can't remember where i read that, but they did say it)

"Limited faction", this is not THAT.

Right, but this is a difficult raid after Sith Triumvirate, not something for newer players. Veterans would probably already have those factions unlocked.
    Hello there.