When will CG start taking cheating seriously again?

Replies

• O
    Fieldgulls wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Zurin doing great work

Even if CG doesn't take action, its something i can talk about with them internally though

Good sentiment, but a small correction, CG does not take action. Once you report someone once in game, the option to report them again is greyed out. So no response in forums and no ability in game.

That doesn't mean no action is taken

Let me get this straight…a billion dollar game who has told us in the past they improved there cheating detection system…is then banning a few players here or there every once in while deserves the benefit of doubt that at least they’re doing something?
    Let me get this straight... when cheaters come on the forums complaining about being banned... do you still insist that CG does nothing about cheaters?
    Huh?
    You questioned TVF when he said “that doesn’t mean no action is taken”. Which suggests you dispute that.

Action is taken. We know that.

So, I repeat, will you continue to insist they don’t do anything, when it’s obvious they at least do something?

I never said they weren’t banning people…you can read my comments. However, people make comments that “see” they’re banning because of a post here or there of folks saying they were banned. How many are being banned? How much effort is CG putting into cheating…CG stated a year a two ago they invested in anti cheating detection tools. If that is the case why is there so much cheating? Is catching 2% of the cheaters reasonable? 20% percent? People spend hard earned money and lose rewards. Then you have people purposely clowning on the cheating situation in this game.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Zurin doing great work

Even if CG doesn't take action, its something i can talk about with them internally though

Good sentiment, but a small correction, CG does not take action. Once you report someone once in game, the option to report them again is greyed out. So no response in forums and no ability in game.

Let me get this straight…a billion dollar game who has told us in the past they improved there cheating detection system…is then banning a few players here or there every once in while deserves the benefit of doubt that at least they’re doing something?

This is what you said. Banning a few players here or there every once in a while is doing something, yes. It's not as much as any one of us wants, but it is something. No benefit of the doubt is required, it's a simple correct application of the term "doing something."
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Fieldgulls wrote: »
    O
    Zurin doing great work

Let me get this straight... when cheaters come on the forums complaining about being banned... do you still insist that CG does nothing about cheaters?
    Huh?
    You questioned TVF when he said “that doesn’t mean no action is taken”. Which suggests you dispute that.

So, I repeat, will you continue to insist they don’t do anything, when it’s obvious they at least do something?

I never said they weren’t banning people…you can read my comments.

Here are some of your comments. Many of them from this thread.
    EA is not enforcing their own TOS…I think that is a problem for everyone including EA.
    Or remove cheaters
    Hilarious…CG cannot even enforce their TOS.
    However, EA is not enforcing their own TOS which to me is a bigger problem…for them.
    So you saying there many players breaking EA’s TOS and nothing is being done about it.

You’ve said, several times, that CG aren’t enforcing their ToS. In one post saying “nothing is being done about it”.

• I think it's more about perception. mostly because it feels like not enough is being done, or that it takes waaaay too long for them to take action.
  • ZurinFet wrote: »
    I think it's more about perception. mostly because it feels like not enough is being done, or that it takes waaaay too long for them to take action.
    I don’t dispute that.

I dispute repeated erroneous claims that they are doing “nothing”. Especially from people who then claim they’ve never said that nothing is being done.

O
    Zurin doing great work

Huh?

EA is not enforcing their own TOS…I think that is a problem for everyone including EA.
    Or remove cheaters
    However, EA is not enforcing their own TOS which to me is a bigger problem…for them.
    So you saying there many players breaking EA’s TOS and nothing is being done about it.

You’ve said, several times, that CG aren’t enforcing their ToS. In one post saying “nothing is being done about it”.
    Yes, I am correct…they are not enforcing their TOS. Cannot dispute that no matter how much you defend CG.
    O
    Zurin doing great work

Huh?

Or remove cheaters

Yes, I am correct…they are not enforcing their TOS. Cannot dispute that no matter how much you defend CG.

TOS is such a weak sauce argument. When you sign the tos:
    "When you access or use an EA Service, you agree that you will not"
    xyz

It is between you and ea, not you, ea and third parties where the actions of third parties bind ea. Only you when you do xyz that they may exercise at their own leisure. It doesn't work in a vice versa manner.

Consumer rights are where you actually have a leg to stand on and make an argument about.

O
    Zurin doing great work

Huh?

Or remove cheaters

Yet in some cases we know they do.
    O
    Zurin doing great work

Huh?

Or remove cheaters

'Some cases' isn't a very high standard to be standing up for.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Jakdnels wrote: »
    O
    Zurin doing great work

Huh?

Or remove cheaters

Of course not, and we're not standing up for it. You're the one that said they never do, and that's completely false.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Zurin doing great work

For the third time, this is what was said, and the implication that they're doing nothing is flat out wrong.
    Post edited by TVF on
  • Jakdnels wrote: »
    O
    Zurin doing great work

Huh?

Or remove cheaters

Agreed. Yet, some continue to insist they do “nothing”. Baffling.
  • TVF wrote: »
    O
    Zurin doing great work

Huh?

Or remove cheaters

Of course not, and we're not standing up for it. You're the one that said they never do, and that's completely false.

If I said they 'never' do, I might have been using a little hyperbole. I don't think that's against the rules but congrats on being technically correct I guess. Consider me lawyered.

It clearly takes a long time for CG to act and it's inconsistent to the point where it makes one wonder if it's just window dressing.

All we can see are cheaters that are reported on the now defunct discord or here in the forums. How many cheaters are just blowing through PVE for free? We'll never know because CG won't tell us anything.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    O
    Zurin doing great work

Huh?

Or remove cheaters

If I said they 'never' do, I might have been using a little hyperbole. I don't think that's against the rules but congrats on being technically correct I guess. Consider me lawyered.

Words matter. If you don't think they do, ok, duly noted.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    FWIW I mixed you up with the other person I quoted above, so I meant to say that they were the one insisting CG does nothing, not you.
  • Whatever is being done is clearly just a drop in the bucket of the cheating being done... It's clearmore action is needed. Let's all remind ourselves of their last official response to cheating. What the do now does not hold true to their zero tolerance claims.
    dbiqifxbybmw.png
  • Might not be enough but its at least something
    Might not be enough but its at least something

What's something? The post right above you? The one that's 3 years old that clearly never got implemented?
  • StarSon wrote: »
    ZurinFet wrote: »

What's something? The post right above you? The one that's 3 years old that clearly never got implemented?

4 people I reported have been suspended, took then 7 months, but still.
  • Fieldgulls
    419 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Some people are going to die on that hill that everyone is saying nothing is being done…how much is being done? What % is being caught. How quickly are they caught, triaged, then actioned? Are people who were cheated on compensated? But at least they caught that one person…”see we told you they were doing something”.

• ZurinFet
    261 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Yeah but after so many months I realized that they won't ever disclose that information
    Post edited by ZurinFet on

How do you know?
    Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Some people are going to die on that hill that everyone is saying nothing is being done…how much is being done? What % is being caught. How quickly are they caught, triaged, then actioned? Are people who were cheated on compensated? But at least they caught that one person…”see we told you they were doing something”.

Not everyone said nothing is being done. You said it.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »

We've seen more than that come here to whine about being banned.

How do you know?

You can track in-game activity using a few bots.
  • Funnily enough, everyone I reported that was actively playing GAC got banned.

One guy that cheats everywhere, everyday, but doesn't play GAC... wasn't.

Maybe they have GAC logs and it makes it easy to check for inconsistencies - although it takes forever for them to do so - but they don't have that tool for Squad/Fleet arena?

So maybe if cheaters just avoid GAC they never get banned? 🤔
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Funnily enough, everyone I reported that was actively playing GAC got banned.

Maybe they have GAC logs and it makes it easy to check for inconsistencies - although it takes forever for them to do so - but they don't have that tool for Squad/Fleet arena?

Not saying that's what CG does but this is a great example of why CG should never share anything about how they catch cheaters because people are curious into finding ways to avoid being caught

Even those who don't cheat, like you
  • ZurinFet
    261 posts Member
    edited February 2023

Not saying that's what CG does but this is a great example of why CG should never share anything about how they catch cheaters because people are curious into finding ways to avoid being caught

Makes perfect sense tbh. I find it troublesome to gather evidence now, without the TCAC server. GAC records are easy to grab on swgoh.gg , but we dont have a similar way to do it for fleet/squad arena, or even TW.

I do agree they shouldn't disclose their methods for detecting cheaters, for obvious reasons.

• TVF
    36518 posts Member

Makes perfect sense tbh. I find it troublesome to gather evidence now, without the TCAC server. GAC records are easy to grab on swgoh.gg , but we dont have a similar way to do it for fleet/squad arena, or even TW.

I do agree they shouldn't disclose their methods for detecting cheaters, for obvious reasons.

The server was restored a few days ago
  • ZurinFet
    261 posts Member
    edited February 2023

The server was restored a few days ago

Great news 🤩