Omicron Ability Update: Droideka

CG_Tusken_Meathead
332 posts EA Community Manager
edited February 2023
New Final Text: Droideka gains 10% Turn Meter and 1 stack of Charge for 1 turn whenever an enemy takes a turn. Additionally, Droideka recovers 10% Protection whenever it damages a Target Locked enemy.

Droideka has +50% Speed and +25% Evasion unless it has Damage Immunity. If Droideka has Damage Immunity, it has -50% Speed and a 35% chance to assist dealing 50% less damage whenever another Separatist ally uses an ability (limit once per turn).

Charge: +5% Offense per stack

While in Territory Wars and if all allies are Separatist Droids: Droideka gains Damage Immunity for 1 turn at the start of the encounter, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented. Droideka also gains 1 stack of Charge for 1 turn whenever another ally takes a turn. Whenever an ally is Marked, Droideka gains 25% Max Health (stacking) until the end of the encounter and the ally in the Leader slot gains 20% Turn Meter. At the start of each turn, if Droideka has Damage Immunity, all allies are immune to Daze and Stun. While Droideka is Marked, all other allies have +25% Potency and +25 Speed. The first time Droideka is defeated while Marked and an ally is active, revive all allies at the end of the turn and then all allies recover 100% Health. At the start of Droideka's turn, all allies recover 10% Health and Protection.

Old Final Text: Droideka gains 10% Turn Meter and 1 stack of Charge for 1 turn whenever an enemy takes a turn. Additionally, Droideka recovers 10% Protection whenever it damages a Target Locked enemy.

Droideka has +50% Speed and +25% Evasion unless it has Damage Immunity. If Droideka has Damage Immunity, it has -50% Speed and a 35% chance to assist dealing 50% less damage whenever another Separatist ally uses an ability (limit once per turn).

Charge: +5% Offense per stack

Replies

• Wonder if this is to make sure Droideka gets the Marked from Grievous. Interesting team-wide healing though. Now B1 has some healing competition going on.
    Hello there.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Wow an amazing omicron
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Wow an amazing omicron

I detect sarcasm.
    Hello there.
  • Shuts down the bad batch counter.
  • wildnz
    254 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Final text: While in TW GG is automatically placed on defense and your opponents can't use BB or JKR. The end.
  • Looked great! Until I saw TW… lost interest instantly
  • droideka will get a lot of max health potentially, to me this looks pretty good. remember grievous remarks a unit every turn when he's below 100% hp, so that's +25%$ max hp each turn for droideka, making him harder to take out, plus GG is getting 20% TM each time as well cycling back into more health for droideka if GG doesn't become full health again
  • YodasAdoy
    259 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    When a condition/bonus doesn't say "other allies" or "another ally", this includes Droideka, right? So if it's just Droideka and GG, and Droideka defeated while Marked, the whole team including Droideka comes back?
  • Looks really good...
    TW omicron tho? Meh
  • Why wouldn't JKR still work? Mark B2 and kill him, mark GG and kill him. Am I missing something?
  • Jarule wrote: »
    Why wouldn't JKR still work? Mark B2 and kill him, mark GG and kill him. Am I missing something?

JKR should still be ok. Just make sure not to mark droideka before killing!
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Jarule wrote: »
    Why wouldn't JKR still work? Mark B2 and kill him, mark GG and kill him. Am I missing something?

GG gets +20% TM whenever anyone other than DDK is marked

So it may or may not make a difference in some battles depending on modding
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    I've applied it for Science. Should be fun.
  • This looks fun, even if it's not for GAC. I wonder if there's any plan to lift GG droid team in GAC, as soon we will have Trench, and the old GG DDK sep droids is kinda underwhelming at this stage of the game.
  • GG droids can dispatch SK on D as well as the occasional SEE (when people place him), plus a host of others.
  • Well that worked like a treat:
    7gwxz8lv62tj.png

Versus EP oMJ and R8 SK. Didn't have to bring BB8.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Oh cool I didn't know SWGOH was released on the NES.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • The AI is doing something questionable on Defense. On the first turn while DDK has damage immunity from the omicron, it appears to still prioritize putting the shield on even though it doesnt have much incentive to do that. You end up wasting like 9 stacks of charge on the first turn and then you get immunity that can be dispelled.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Oh cool I didn't know SWGOH was released on the NES.

Screenshot from a lower resolution video I made of the battle. Otherwise wouldn't be able to upload the video elsewhere.