Banned for no reason. Need to get this fixed

Natx
4 posts Member
edited February 2023
Hello, I tried to lug in to my account t as usual and it says I’m banned. Completely unwarranted, never cheated or done anything untowards… look at my GAC history. I think people with higher gp I beat are being sore losers and reporting me. I hardly ever win any event either.

Player name: Natx
Ally code 697529318

Any help would be appreciated @ultra
Post edited by Ultra on

Replies

• Can someone look at my GAC history and tell me what battle isn’t legit? I use proper counters
  • It's not forced to be GAC related. Have you ever cheated in PVE content such as CPit or Conquest?
  • I have never cheated. Wouldn’t even know how
  • Well...there is a strange peak of ban complaints these last few days...i would guess there is some new anti-cheat mechanism operating that is detecting a lot of "suspects"...
    I assume that for each complaint in forum there are dozens of silent bans...
    Either there is some old cheat technique that suddenly became "detectable" and is being "prosecuted"...OR (perhaps AND) there are also a lot of "false positives" being banned.
    As far as i can see, it is targetting mostly PVE cheating as most "suspects" are "clean" in PVP...and many players believe that either 1) The cheating they were using was "fair" and/or "undetectable" as it was in PVE OR 2) They did not cheat and it is a mistake
    I am curious on HOW these stories will unfold...i hope at least one of the many ban complaints will share what EA decided with their "appeal"...
  • Ghost666 wrote: »
    I am curious on HOW these stories will unfold...i hope at least one of the many ban complaints will share what EA decided with their "appeal"...

I guess and hope I will be cleared asap but I don’t know when asap is and if I am not forbidden to - which I am not aware of - I’ll gladly share what decision and hopefully reasoning behind the ban I’ll get.
  • Ghost666 wrote: »
    Well...there is a strange peak of ban complaints these last few days...i would guess there is some new anti-cheat mechanism operating that is detecting a lot of "suspects"...
    I assume that for each complaint in forum there are dozens of silent bans...
    Either there is some old cheat technique that suddenly became "detectable" and is being "prosecuted"...OR (perhaps AND) there are also a lot of "false positives" being banned.
    As far as i can see, it is targetting mostly PVE cheating as most "suspects" are "clean" in PVP...and many players believe that either 1) The cheating they were using was "fair" and/or "undetectable" as it was in PVE OR 2) They did not cheat and it is a mistake
    Cheating isn’t the only reason you can get banned. Not accusing the OP of anything, but it could also be something else.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    xsc2wo0o7m54.png

kinda sus ngl
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Not sure how to explain the above battle at all

Pretty clean history otherwise, other than one or two sketchy battles

Send a PM to @CG_Leviathan with your request to appeal your ban
  • Actually, most of them did show sus PvP upon deeper review.

I definitely hope that any unjustified bans are successfully appealed, and based on just very circumstantial evidence of Ultra responding to two of the threads with tagging the user and a smiley face, I’m guessing any false bans are being rectified.

But by and large, most of these posts have turned out to be, in fact, justified.
    Ghost666 wrote: »

• @Ultra I really hope you apply for the community manager gig (assuming Meathead is still temporary). You are doing amazing job catching these cheaters. I know it’s a different skill set, but you’ve earned it.

You also deserve recognition for helping that guy who was scheduled to face a cheater in GAC next round. Kudos to you. Keep up the great work!
  • Second this!!
    TheDude420 wrote: »
    @Ultra I really hope you apply for the community manager gig (assuming Meathead is still temporary). You are doing amazing job catching these cheaters. I know it’s a different skill set, but you’ve earned it.

You also deserve recognition for helping that guy who was scheduled to face a cheater in GAC next round. Kudos to you. Keep up the great work!

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    The current CMs are doing a much better job at catching cheaters than i am but its not visible to the public
  • Some players hide it better than others. They use the correct counters, but then get caught hitting under protection. Nice job CG. Keep up the good work.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    The current CMs are doing a much better job at catching cheaters than i am but its not visible to the public

Ultra, my guild mates asked that I reach out to you for help getting it fixed. I have never cheated once and have been a loyal player for years. Very upset atm
  • Natx
    4 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Ultra wrote: »
    xsc2wo0o7m54.png

kinda sus ngl

That was a clean win with a decent DR team.

Post edited by Natx on
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Natx wrote: »
    xsc2wo0o7m54.png

kinda sus ngl

That was a clean win with a decent DR team with a decent Chron. The bossk team I beat wasn’t strong and didn’t have a chron.

And yet it still shows cheating
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • MechaC2
    17 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Natx wrote: »
    xsc2wo0o7m54.png

kinda sus ngl

That was a clean win with a decent DR team with a decent Chron. The bossk team I beat wasn’t strong and didn’t have a chron.

nibflqnnl8qp.png
    Honestly, i can see why it would be suspicious.
    According to bossk lead, they recover protection whenever the enemy suffers a debuff. Ferocity is a debuff, so whenever a sith empire ally takes a turn, the BH team recover a good chunk of HP and protection, which i can understand why Ultra would think it is suspicious. Realistically, the BH team would survive long enough for dengar to get off an AOE because of the ferocity healing them, which would also make you drop banners. Just my thoughts. Odd that Jango has full protection though? No idea why. By Chron do you mean datacron? Maybe im stupid but the screenshot has no datacron on both teams.

• Ultra wrote: »
    xsc2wo0o7m54.png

kinda sus ngl

Ooooooooohhh jango has full protection still!!! I didnt even see that
  • TVF wrote: »

Holy shiii. I didn’t see the protection on Jango before. Oof. That’s a lot of damage from Sith Empire Trooper or something like that.
  • Alëx1 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Holy shiii. I didn’t see the protection on Jango before. Oof. That’s a lot of damage from Sith Empire Trooper or something like that.

Honestly i actually forgot SET does that, but no way a G12 is doing THAT much to a R2 jango. R2 jango has
    39209 health, and since its full protection means nobody else attacked jango. Also, when jango dies he doesnt recover protection, so thats even weirder. That means SET killed jango, and then killed jango again. Add in cooldowns and the 1 minute time, no way SET could do that twice. Jango recovers 100% protection when he kills someone, but his team is at max, so thats the weird part: Jango doesnt regain protection when reviving, and he is at 100% protection even though he died twice, which means he died with 100% protection and got 1 shot by SET. That would mean SET did it twice. Let's say somehow SET did 1 shot, no way his cooldowns were ready in a 1 minute period before anyone else killed Jango. So even if SET 1 shot jango, someone else like revan would go next and attack Jango, removing the protection.
  • I used to run DR vs BH in a pinch, but it needs Nihilus and even then I timed out often. That battle is definitely not legit based on the time.

Sidenote: this has been a REALLY fun forum day following all these ban posts haha...easily my favorite day on here
  • MechaC2 wrote: »
    Honestly i actually forgot SET does that, but no way a G12 is doing THAT much to a R2 jango. R2 jango has
    39209 health, and since its full protection means nobody else attacked jango. Also, when jango dies he doesnt recover protection, so thats even weirder. That means SET killed jango, and then killed jango again. Add in cooldowns and the 1 minute time, no way SET could do that twice.

I am sorry I did not make myself clearer, because yes, of course that SET couldn’t have done it.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Capital Games has completed investigating your account

If you are unbanned, Great!

If you are still banned, and want to know what specific instance triggered your ban, reach out to @CG_Leviathan to dispute

Locking thread
This discussion has been closed.