Game won't load

Anyone else having a problem with the game starting up? Mine continuously gets stuck on the loading screen when trying to "load cantina". Uninstalling and reinstalling works, but then if I exit the game and go back to it later the same issue comes up ... Anyone else experiencing this? Is it the game or a problem with my phone? Other games and apps I have on my phone works without issue, so I'm thinking it's a swgoh issue. Any feedback on how to permanently fix this would be great. I don't want to uninstall and reinstall and setup my account every time I want to collect bonus energy. TIA. Mtfbwy

Replies

• Could you please share your allycode?
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Have you tried another device? Do you use an emulator?
  • Darthjobbie
    363 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    I play on android and it occasionally does this. The main thing is that you ensure your game is linked to something like google play. I get stuck at the 'loading cantina' at times, when i restart it takes me to the introduction. Dont panic, close game restart phone if needed and just keep trying. If its more consistent then go to EA answers technical help.
  • I have issues with this if I’m on certain wifi networks (including my own house, which is very convenient). Try no wifi if you’re on a mobile device?
  • Lumiya
    1435 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    You could try to clear the cache of the game, delete the game data (not the game) then unistall and install again.

Sometimes cached files stay on the phone even if you uninstall and if the cache was causing the bug it could explain why you still have the same problem even after uninstalling/reinstalling.

Edit for typos
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • Could you please share your allycode?

How would him sharing his ally code help resolve the issue?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Stokat wrote: »
    Could you please share your allycode?

Maybe they're using a cheat to keep themselves from wasting time playing the game.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Stokat wrote: »
    Could you please share your allycode?

Well i would try to have a look if something on his inventory is broken. that happens sometimes. extreme rarely but happens
  • Im having the same problem on my phone and iPad Pro since the last iOS update. It’s become unplayable.
  • Jkane
    220 posts Member
    I've had this issue once out of several log-ins, but a forced close and restart was all I had to do. Cantina loading is taking a bit longer at times it seems; but just a bit.
  • @jkane I’ve done everything. Cleared cache, uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Hard reset. You name it.