GAC - Fog Of War

DannozDirect
8 posts Member
edited February 2023
Hey CG,

The GAC system has a lot of flaws, nothing is ever perfect. However one thing that is frustrating is having a disadvantage due to timezones with GAC being limited to a 24hr window. Giving a time limit is not the problem but information on your opponent and what they probably did is. You can mostly deduce from an opponents attacks and their respective scores what they likely used, sometimes it can be a little bit different, but based on known defences you can get a sense.

Because of this advantage you can often do attacks based on this (and know what you to win on avg battles) and sometimes take educated gambles. This makes it hard for people to some times hide something in the rear because they have to attack at a specific time due to their real life. You shouldn't have to suffer or be at risk of losing because you can't hold out until they attack.

I propose that players don't know each others scores until the same zone is beaten. So if I beat top front, and my opponent hasn't attacked he can't know my scores there until his is done as well. Same with other zones. It is a simple Fog of War (FoW) system and wouldn't be hard to implement. It allows people to have competitive edge and engage with GAC on a time that suits them knowing that what they did and how they did is not a competitive advantage to their opponent.

I think there are good arguments to say not to change it and you just have to do X Y and Z better or make X Y or Z changes. These are still all dealing with the system the way it is right now.

Anyway this topic has probably been discussed at length before, I don't know. But I think this is an easy change to implement with very few drawbacks.

Replies

• Why not hiding the scores completely until the end of the round?
  • Normally I would agree, but too much is going on in this game...
    I use it to save time.
  • agree 100%

Great QOL feature to add
  • Ild prefer a different layout, put ships behind one of either wall of your choice
  • YolkyWarEagle1
    373 posts Member
    edited September 2023
    Zaph0dd wrote: »
    Ild prefer a different layout, put ships behind one of either wall of your choice

That would be amazing… until you had to attack. I do agree though.
  • honestly they should undo the changes to GAC and crystal payout... its IMPOSSIBLE for new players to advance at all since matchmaking is pure garbage. I really dont understand why they had to remove crystals from arena and move everything to GAC...
  • Stoman4o wrote: »
    honestly they should undo the changes to GAC and crystal payout... its IMPOSSIBLE for new players to advance at all since matchmaking is pure garbage. I really dont understand why they had to remove crystals from arena and move everything to GAC...

new players get crystals from daily goals before gac. also gac is way more fun than squad arena.
  • They need to balance gac tbh then it's a good mode. But it's horrifically unfair ATM.
  • Since when does someone get 4th place when going into the last battle 2-0? Understandably someone is ending 2-1, but when I got maximum banners the previous 2 rounds, how did I fall 2 spots down? The F’ery is just never ending with CG. I even beat 1 of the 2 people who placed higher than I did…**** is the point anymore of this mode?
  • Since when does someone get 4th place when going into the last battle 2-0? Understandably someone is ending 2-1, but when I got maximum banners the previous 2 rounds, how did I fall 2 spots down? The F’ery is just never ending with CG. I even beat 1 of the 2 people who placed higher than I did…**** is the point anymore of this mode?

Players in 2-4th all get the same rewards. As to how they sort 2-4 and 5-7, I’ve got no idea. But, end of the day it makes no difference.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • As someone who regularly punches up, 2/3mill GP difference or 3+ GL difference (today being a rare exception) seeing my opponents score helps me massively. Infact without it I don't think I would have done as well as I have.

I understand the want for the change, seeing it does give your opponent or yourself a clear advantage in certain matchups where, as you described, you would be able to tell what they have used approximately but the cons for me outweigh the pro's to change.

Pulling out the calculator and figuring what battles need to happen with what limited squads I have is one of things I enjoy doing with GAC and has brought me many victories and saved me equally many hours of unnecessary battles where I couldn't win.