The Mandalorian S3E1: The apostate (SPOILERS)

Hexen_Jagar
639 posts Member
edited March 2023
I thought the lake scene was going to be a flashback, but it was interesting to see the different clans that are still around. The crocodile turtle thing probably could have been left out for me, but I get they needed Mando to save the day.
The Greef part was well done. The pirates getting their butts kicked, how peaceful it is now. Though all I could see is Davey Jones whenever the pirates talked. Didn't help the boss was covered in algae. I'm glad Cara Dune got promoted to spec ops! I'm sure we will see her save the day when all hope is lost... /s
The tease of the hyperspace whales was perfect! I can't wait to start the quest for Ezra and Thrawn. Though isn't hyperspace madness a thing? I assume that will be left out.
Overall 7/10
Post edited by Hexen_Jagar on

Replies

• Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    loved the episode

Wonder what those (creatures?) were during hyperspace and if they will play any role in future episodes
  • Ultra wrote: »
    loved the episode

Wonder what those (creatures?) were during hyperspace and if they will play any role in future episodes

Bet you haven't watched Rebels.

(They were Purrgil.)
    Hello there.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    loved the episode

(They were Purrgil.)

It’s like they were teasing ahsoka/ rebels characters appearing in this season
  • DarthGrff wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    loved the episode

(They were Purrgil.)

Or the Ahsoka series.
    Hello there.
  • yolkywareagle
    1016 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    DarthGrff wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    loved the episode

(They were Purrgil.)

Or bringing back the magistrate’s (the one asoka fought; ofc if i were talking about greef i would say high magistrate) master… Thrawn
    Post edited by yolkywareagle on
  • I think grogu seeing the whales are continuing the theme of his connection to animals as his force power.
  • mt875249 wrote: »
    I think grogu seeing the whales are continuing the theme of his connection to animals as his force power.

He definitely will have beast voice/connection. Just cool multi layered but it also ties into Ezra
  • Drakus
    3 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    New raid incomming - Turtle Raid where only the Mandalorian faction is allowed!

Also can't believe noone has mentioned the Babu shop :D CG should add it to the Holotables where you visit Babu to buy parts.
    Post edited by Drakus on
  • Drakus wrote: »
    New raid incomming - Turtle Raid where only the Mandalorian faction is allowed!

Also can't believe noone has mentioned the Babu shop :D CG should add it to the Holotables where you visit Babu to buy parts.

They do such a good job with Grogu by having do things that really get a smile/laugh while not totally pandering to the audience (Marvel is terrible at this lately IMO). Him trying to play with one of those Babu guys like a pet (see any toddler around animals ever), taking the candy from the dish, using the force to turn the chair in a circle - all something I'd expect a toddler to do. THis is why everyone loves Grogu - they're doing a great job with him.
  • LordDirt
    4984 posts Member
    One thing you can count on with a lot of SW fans, they never learn the name of the species they just call all the future characters of that species by the name of the one character they know. :D

Babu Frik is a Anzellan
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Nice fast paced and funny episode. Loved it. Terminator IG11 was fun too. Can't wait for it get repaired and returning to the gang.
  • So do all those Clans fall under Children of the watch? Do they follow the old way follow the way of the Mandalore?
  • Antario wrote: »
    Nice fast paced and funny episode. Loved it. Terminator IG11 was fun too. Can't wait for it get repaired and returning to the gang.

Somehow...IG-11 returned.
    Hello there.
  • nfidel2k
    559 posts Member
    Antario wrote: »

Disney felt bad for all of us who seven starred a unit that they exploded.
    Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for life.
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    There were good parts and bad parts. Some of the dialog was very clunky and drug on for entirely too long. Lots of unnecessary explaining and awkward exchanges. There were some enjoyable parts, though. It just didn’t flow well enough for me.
  • nfidel2k wrote: »
    Antario wrote: »

Disney felt bad for all of us who seven starred a unit that they exploded.

Shoulda given him a self destruct aoe

:shrug:
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    You can definitely tell that Carl Weathers went to the Carl Weathers school of acting.
  • flux_rono
    2119 posts Member
    New gaint crocodile animal thing raid when
  • Ltswb1 wrote: »
    You can definitely tell that Carl Weathers went to the Carl Weathers school of acting.

Here’s a true story. I once did some stunt work for a shoddy TV pilot, a few years back. While we ran the fight through take after take, in a freezing location, all the principals went off to their trailers - except one. Mr Weathers sat and watched the whole shoot - and then took the time to shake everyone’s hand and say “good fight”.

I really wish more actors went to the Carl Weathers school of acting