Why are there so many people in aurodium with 5 GLs

Prev13456
What is going on in GAC, every match up im facing people with 2 to 3 mil GP more than me with 4 to 6 GLs and a SK, shouldn't these people be in kyber? And no they are active players and are actually playing the game

Replies

• Probably because they are casual players when it comes to GAC. Just because they are active does not mean they really care to grind out GAC every time it comes up.
  • It could be as a result of the skill squish too. Players are being pushed out of Kyber by the end of event squish to skill ratings. There was a big thread about this here recently meaning that the kyber division is just getting smaller.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Fredy5
    326 posts Member
    I have all GL and I don't play 3vs3 because it's **** ....
    Then, I fall in leagues ...
    I climb again when 5vs5 comes back ...
  • Screerider
    1343 posts Member
    Or you're just a menace on the holotables, badger! Too good for your own good.
  • KDC99X
    750 posts Member
    Skill squish out of Kyber has a lot to do with it.
  • maybe they don't like GAC but sign up for the rewards then lose each round
  • KDC99X
    750 posts Member
    That's never been my experience. I'd really like to know where these mythical unicorn players are who sign up but don't play.

Literally almost every single opponent I've ever been against, save maybe less than five, has always done their best to beat me. And the ones who didn't, just didn't play at all (which as stated, has a very rare occurrence in my GAC history).
    Range1974 wrote: »
    maybe they don't like GAC but sign up for the rewards then lose each round
  • this would be me albeit 4 almost 5 gls and executor, I set a basic defense (figure players like somewhat of a challenge) and only attack with wampa....

rewards are good I guess but I'm holding onto interest of the game by a thread so don't care about pvp (gac or tw)

I figured joining but not really doing anything is a two fold thing, I get a few rewards which helps I guess but doesn't make or break me, and it helps those I face by getting a win.

• lukacris wrote: »
    this would be me albeit 4 almost 5 gls and executor, I set a basic defense (figure players like somewhat of a challenge) and only attack with wampa....

rewards are good I guess but I'm holding onto interest of the game by a thread so don't care about pvp (gac or tw)

I figured joining but not really doing anything is a two fold thing, I get a few rewards which helps I guess but doesn't make or break me, and it helps those I face by getting a win.

I have not faced anyone like you, every person i have fought in this past 2 months has been fully active
  • lukacris wrote: »
    this would be me albeit 4 almost 5 gls and executor, I set a basic defense (figure players like somewhat of a challenge) and only attack with wampa....

I have not faced anyone like you, every person i have fought in this past 2 months has been fully active
    What’s your ally code? Sounds rough.
  • I hover around Chromium 3-4. I'd say 1/3rd of my opponents with way higher GP either don't attack or just attack once.
  • Darthjobbie
    363 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    They need to make a statement on it. There has been a massive reduction in kyber, they go to aurodium..and so on. Get used to it, its the new system and wheesht moaning what you used to get doesnt matter.

Remember not so long ago it was awww we want to help newer players with gear, oh look with kyber closing down, the other leagues will have a pushdown too...CG dont give freebies, when will you all learn?
  • In the year since I came back, I have not once faced an opponent with less GP than me in GAC.

Some of the matches are a lot of fun and are close, but a lot of the matches are simple coin flips. If my opponent shows up, I lose, if they don’t, I win. Neither is very fun.
  • The squish is the answer. Instead of audorium being players ranked in the 60-80 percentile, as cg has said their goal is, it contains players in the 68-84 percentile.
  • It could be as a result of the skill squish too. Players are being pushed out of Kyber by the end of event squish to skill ratings. There was a big thread about this here recently meaning that the kyber division is just getting smaller.

For whatever it’s worth, the skill squish isn’t pushing anyone out of Kyber. It’s pushing people out of K1 into K2, and maybe pushing some people from K2 to K3. But it’s pulling people up from K4 to K3 as well. They had a squish that was shrinking the size of Kyber this summer, but the one they’ve had since August has been helping people stay in the Kyber league. It’s just made it much harder to get to the top divison.

• KDC99X
    750 posts Member
    But as those players get pushed down, wouldn’t those below them also get bumped down, and so on in a chain reaction, as a matter of losing more matches?
    Dawnsinger wrote: »
    It could be as a result of the skill squish too. Players are being pushed out of Kyber by the end of event squish to skill ratings. There was a big thread about this here recently meaning that the kyber division is just getting smaller.

For whatever it’s worth, the skill squish isn’t pushing anyone out of Kyber. It’s pushing people out of K1 into K2, and maybe pushing some people from K2 to K3. But it’s pulling people up from K4 to K3 as well. They had a squish that was shrinking the size of Kyber this summer, but the one they’ve had since August has been helping people stay in the Kyber league. It’s just made it much harder to get to the top divison.

• KDC99X wrote: »
    But as those players get pushed down, wouldn’t those below them also get bumped down, and so on in a chain reaction, as a matter of losing more matches?
    It could be as a result of the skill squish too. Players are being pushed out of Kyber by the end of event squish to skill ratings. There was a big thread about this here recently meaning that the kyber division is just getting smaller.

Nope, the squish is essentially drawing all of Kyber toward low K3 each season. That ends up the part of the league with the most people in it. Then over the course of the season the densest parts of the league drift outward in both directions. You also aren’t losing more or less because of the squish, it doesn’t change the overall ranks of the players so its impact on matchmaking is almost nonexistent. It is just changing how many crystals you’re receiving for your rank. The squish is making the top of Kyber get less rewards for their overall rank and the bottom of Kyber get more. It’s impact on rewards is different for other leagues because the shape of the squish is different in each league.
  • KDC99X wrote: »

Nope. The squish doesn’t really impact matchmaking much since it doesn’t really change the overall ranks. So no one is really winning or losing more often. Want is doing is making it so the top ranks in Kyber get less reward for their overall ranks and the lowest ranks of Kyber get more rewards by changing the SR at far ends of Kyber. But it’s not pushing anyone down on overall ranks and the size of Kyber isn’t changing season to season so no one is falling out of Kyber due to the squish itself, at least not on average.
  • E3P0
    109 posts Member
    There's only like 200-400 points separating mid-low Kyber from mid-high Aurodium. With each match usually swinging you 35-40ish points it really doesn't take much of a bad stretch to fall that far.

Also we have to account for the players who sporadically sit out. If you sit out a week it treats your score as the equivalent of going 1-2. So someone who doesn't participate every time is going to gradually drop divisions simply due to that adjustment.
  • KDC99X
    750 posts Member
    I see... thanks for explaining, it inspired me to also did some digging so I could better understand. I had previously understood the squish to be a general downwards push, instead of a push towards the middle division of each league. Interesting...and makes a lot more sense now!
    KDC99X wrote: »

Nope. The squish doesn’t really impact matchmaking much since it doesn’t really change the overall ranks. So no one is really winning or losing more often. Want is doing is making it so the top ranks in Kyber get less reward for their overall ranks and the lowest ranks of Kyber get more rewards by changing the SR at far ends of Kyber. But it’s not pushing anyone down on overall ranks and the size of Kyber isn’t changing season to season so no one is falling out of Kyber due to the squish itself, at least not on average.

• Dawnsinger wrote: »

You should check out Taliana’s threads about this. The squish is not pushing the bottom end of Kyber up.
  • Dawnsinger
    146 posts Member
    edited March 2023

You should check out Taliana’s threads about this. The squish is not pushing the bottom end of Kyber up.

Yes, it definitely is. Several of her posts show exactly how much it is pushing them up. Go read them again, and be sure to pay attention to the graph that shows the shape of the squish by league.
    Post edited by Dawnsinger on
  • Was going to come in to say the same sort of thing. Sick of being the smallest by over a million gp and have no GL in Bronzium2. Haven’t even won a match in the last 10 now. Fair go GC with this unfair matchmaking. At least when it was based on GP it was more fair. Just the whales were upset.
  • Dawnsinger wrote: »

Yes, it definitely is. Several of her posts show exactly how much it is pushing them up. Go read them again, and be sure to pay attention to the graph that shows the shape of the squish by league.
    You’re right - I misremembered. It’s Aurodium that all get pushed down.
  • Maybe because they're like me. Only reason I even bother with gac is to keep some crystal income. I might bother to win a round or two. If it wasn't for the crystals I would never bother even joining.
  • Maybe because a lot of players are fed up with it? It's too time consuming, rewards (apart from crystals) are too mediocre and ever since DC's showed up, it's utter ****.
    I regularly win rounds because there's other players like me, who generally don't bother anymore.
    Weird enough, I'm still in the upper kyber 2 league, with 3501 points.
    I hardly never encounter players without a full roster of GL's and/or new and special toons.
    And even more frustrating: EVERY defense is the same, which contributes to the tedious nature of what has become GAC.
  • It’s the natural progression of the system. It gets harder and harder to tread water. Poorer players with bigger rosters drop, while stronger players with smaller rosters rise. You in the middle get squeezed from both ends and have to work harder to stay where you are.
    797-722-718
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    What is going on in GAC, every match up im facing people with 2 to 3 mil GP more than me with 4 to 6 GLs and a SK, shouldn't these people be in kyber? And no they are active players and are actually playing the game

I'm in K2 and face people with 7 GLs, SK, GI, every Capital ship and at least 9m gp (like me) about every round (usually 9.5-10m). I don't have first hand experience about it, but there is a chance someone with only 4 GLs and SK isn't Kyber material at all anymore, because people improved their roster.
  • Just a question, if kyber is being squished? What is the resultant effects on lower leagues? Is Aurodiun being squished or expanded? If no change where are the league sizes/capacities changing?
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    That's never been my experience. I'd really like to know where these mythical unicorn players are who sign up but don't play.

Literally almost every single opponent I've ever been against, save maybe less than five, has always done their best to beat me. And the ones who didn't, just didn't play at all (which as stated, has a very rare occurrence in my GAC history).
    Range1974 wrote: »
    maybe they don't like GAC but sign up for the rewards then lose each round

Hi... I am mostly one of these
    I just lost a match with only scoring 10 points. I had a 2 mil GP advantage over opponent and a 7 to 4 gl advantage.
    I find GA boring. I typically only do battles till I lose one battle if I even go that far.
    My have changed one defense team since we where able to set and forget them.
    So yes they do exist.