Mando and Greef

I’ve been building my Bounty Hunter team for a bit now, preparing for the next step after CLS in that I want Chewbacca for that team. My Cad Bane is already 7, Boba 6,
Dengar 5, and I’ve been grinding out the Jango node considering it also gets Bossk’s ship, although it is slow progress.. My original plan was therefore Cad, Boba, Jango, Dengar and Bossk when I could eventually unlock him for the Chewbacca event.

Lo and behold however, given the release of the Mandalorian season 3 and the gift of shards, both my Mando and Greef are hanging around 4 stars. I’ve heard both are really useful for the event, and am wondering whether I should adjust my plans and substitute them in for two others.

I’ve heard Dengar and Bosskk are all but necessary, so it leaves me with Cad, Boba, and Jango to swap out. My guess would be the only thing worth doing is swapping Cad out for Greef based on what I know, but I wanted an expert opinion.

Replies

• @Hunter4721 - Greef is super useful for the event under a Bossk lead as he has a mass assist which gets you close to the contract very quickly. Mando is good too as his special calls an assist and the disintegrate can be invaluable. I managed it with Bossk, Greef, Mando, Boba, Jango for Tier 7 with everyone at G7-9 and only the one zeta on Bossks leadership.

Also, don't forget that Mando and Greef are needed for the Beskar Mando event which you'll probably want to do one day working towards Executor.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • I think I recall needing g11-12 when using the old Bossk, dengar, boba, cad, jango lineup to get this. It sounds like Greef and mando make it way lower gear needed.
  • @Hunter4721 - Greef is super useful for the event under a Bossk lead as he has a mass assist which gets you close to the contract very quickly. Mando is good too as his special calls an assist and the disintegrate can be invaluable. I managed it with Bossk, Greef, Mando, Boba, Jango for Tier 7 with everyone at G7-9 and only the one zeta on Bossks leadership.

Also, don't forget that Mando and Greef are needed for the Beskar Mando event which you'll probably want to do one day working towards Executor.

So with Greef and Mando, is Dengar still needed? I read some old posts that claimed he was practically necessary given his countering of R2’s stealth, but with Greef and Mando could I viably not bother with him and go for Bosskk, Boba, Cad, Mando and Greef instead?
  • Hunter4721 wrote: »
    @Hunter4721 - Greef is super useful for the event under a Bossk lead as he has a mass assist which gets you close to the contract very quickly. Mando is good too as his special calls an assist and the disintegrate can be invaluable. I managed it with Bossk, Greef, Mando, Boba, Jango for Tier 7 with everyone at G7-9 and only the one zeta on Bossks leadership.

So with Greef and Mando, is Dengar still needed? I read some old posts that claimed he was practically necessary given his countering of R2’s stealth, but with Greef and Mando could I viably not bother with him and go for Bosskk, Boba, Cad, Mando and Greef instead?

Dengar is definitely not needed any more. Depending on their respective gears/stars I'd recommend Jango over Cad though. His AoE and ability to ignore taunts mean that sometimes you can keep hitting the weakest enemy and working towards the contract even when Cad can't. Also, his basic always hits for two if the target is debuffed which can help rack up the damage counter for the contract too.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • What are your long-term goals? Some galactic legends or Executor require bounty hunters.
    Executor: Boba, Bossk, IG88, Dengar, (Mando/Greef to some degree because you need Bando as a Pilot)
    JMK: Jango, Cad
    LV: Embo, Zam
    Jabba: A lot of them.

I would recommend the executor bounty hunters.
  • LMarc0 wrote: »
    What are your long-term goals? Some galactic legends or Executor require bounty hunters.
    Executor: Boba, Bossk, IG88, Dengar, (Mando/Greef to some degree because you need Bando as a Pilot)
    JMK: Jango, Cad
    LV: Embo, Zam
    Jabba: A lot of them.

I would recommend the executor bounty hunters.

I’m getting pretty close to CLS - I’m level 79 right now and to Omega Phoenixs uniques you need to be 80. From there it’ll be a bit of a snowball effect, Thrawn at 7 stars, then R2 since I already have Tarkin, Palp, TFP and Stormtrooper at 7 stars and then with a little work to buff all the basic rebels up, CLS.

My aim is to set up so that I have a good chance for getting both Chewie and as a bonus Han’s Falcon since Chewie is good in a CLS team, especially because I’ve found a decent guild so I’ll have Han relatively soon. Despite the fact it’ll be a while till I can work on Bosskk, I’ve got his ship, Cads, Bobas and IG-88’s all at around 25 shards, so about 2 stars. My Cad is already 7 stars, and Boba is 6, so even at their base unlocks they’ll do well in the fleet battles in a bit to gain me some more crystals in the arena hopefully.

After that, I’m not sure what the best route is. On one hand, pushing for GAS could be an option. Grinding up the Geo’s along with their ships to get Padme while maintaining some more decent ships while grinding Ewoks for C-3PO whos also good with CLS is an option, and while i hadn’t considered that far, I guess that also puts me on the route for LV. That might be naive though - I don’t know how long relics take to level, so I guess the question would be what would you recommend? Executor or GAS?