Proving Grounds for Interceptor

Replies

• If Grand Inquisitor's AoE doesnt kill everyone, he finishes off characters like JML by obliterating them with 7 bonus attacks in a row. I see no reason to even bother anymore.
  • Generally in single player video games I much prefer overcoming a challenge rather than just begging the devs to nerf things, but in this case the challenge route to unlock these units is supposed to be Hard Conquest. From a game design process I simply don't understand the point of having a Proving Grounds event in the first place and then making it this hard. With that being said, the extra 24 hours was enough for me to grind for immaculate RNG and I can confirm that I was finally able to squeak it out with an R7 squad of SEE+Dooku+Sith Marauder+DV+Sidious if anyone here is desperate enough to try that. Dooku was the only other one who contributed anything meaningful other than dying as a Sith so feel free to plug in anything else at your disposal you think might stall better.
  • Wow, I didn't realize that when they extended it by a day, it actually refreshed the attempts as well. That's actually awesome - thank you CG!

I reran this with Traya lead, Nihilus, Sion, SEE, and Malak - swapped out Talon for SEE from my last run which was 1*. I got 3* this time and it did feel NOTICEABLY easier to me.

I'm willing to admit that CG has proved me wrong in how they've handled this. This is the fastest I've seen them respond to something that was negatively affecting the player base, and making it a little easier and giving us a chance to run the event again for extra rewards, was a really nice touch.

Touché, CG. Well done. I'm also really excited for the new RA updates, and I hope you continue down this path!!
  • Olddumper wrote: »
    You should try JKL (L), JML, Hoda, Old Ben and a 5th. It sounds like you have the toons.

What does hoda actually provide? The undispellable healing immunity on the whole team makes him almost useless. I don’t mean to sound rude, I’m genuinely confused at what he’s providing?
  • Magruffin
    760 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    Olddumper wrote: »
    You should try JKL (L), JML, Hoda, Old Ben and a 5th. It sounds like you have the toons.

What does hoda actually provide? The undispellable healing immunity on the whole team makes him almost useless. I don’t mean to sound rude, I’m genuinely confused at what he’s providing?

I'm not sure about in this event, but in raids when healing immunity lock kicks in, his third move spreads health which doesn't count toward healing
    Post edited by Magruffin on
  • Me as well, though they may simply not have that many relic Jedi. JML doesn't have many Jedi in his reqs, but HY and JKL are both there. As is Old Ben.

So I think that they're saying, "If you have JML, you can put this squad together..."
  • DarthCha0s13
    93 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    I used JKL, JKA, JKR, Yoda, GAS to complete it. On a run where they don’t target JKA, an ally will enter yellow and make him mad. Heroes arise into an almost mass stun. GAS does an AOE daze so they don’t gain TM from expiring purge. Once speed and TM slowed, JKR and especially Yoda run circles around them. JKR’s mark go around the taunt. Thought I was going to 3 star it but lost two at the end while killing Reva 3 times.

Edit for relic levels: Yoda was r8, GAS r7, JKR and JKL r5, JKA r3
  • I used JKL, JKA, JKR, Yoda, GAS to complete it. On a run where they don’t target JKA, an ally will enter yellow and make him mad. Heroes arise into an almost mass stun. GAS does an AOE daze so they don’t gain TM from expiring purge. Once speed and TM slowed, JKR and especially Yoda run circles around them. JKR’s mark go around the taunt. Thought I was going to 3 star it but lost two at the end while killing Reva 3 times.

Hyoda or gmy
  • Magruffin wrote: »
    I used JKL, JKA, JKR, Yoda, GAS to complete it. On a run where they don’t target JKA, an ally will enter yellow and make him mad. Heroes arise into an almost mass stun. GAS does an AOE daze so they don’t gain TM from expiring purge. Once speed and TM slowed, JKR and especially Yoda run circles around them. JKR’s mark go around the taunt. Thought I was going to 3 star it but lost two at the end while killing Reva 3 times.

Hyoda or gmy

GMY Yoda. Wanted all the bonus TM and turns to recycle Heroes Arise as often as possible.

• Magruffin wrote: »

Hyoda or gmy

GMY Yoda. Wanted all the bonus TM and turns to recycle Heroes Arise as often as possible.

Ty makes sense; good strat

I did not believe this would work. I tried a dozen times and got laughably wiped. Then I looked down and my team was still miraculously standing and it was my turn. Used JKR to mark GI, gave master's training to JKL, taunt with OB. Eventually it was just JKL and JML vs Reva but kept working it and presto, 1*.

Thanks, Dumper.
    9mmb0i3a5y51.png

You will want to spread masters training around and you can get some heals in. It seems to be working for a good amount of people. The 5th toon can be Revan GAS GMY and probably others but usually people will have 1 of those 3.
  • Chazzerous
    2 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    I used this strat from one of my guildmates (credit to KaGe) and was able to 3 star:

Team is JKL JML CLS Han Chewie
    JKL is modded with all offense and no speed.

Turn 1 - what I’ve typed below can only really work if nobody died before you get your first turn.
    Han shoots first against Grand Inquisitor
    CLS dispels Reva’s taunt
    JML can do whatever, I just did Efflux to get breach going
    JKL stuns with his AOE - in my case he got everyone but Second Sister.
    Han buffs the team and tries to stun Second Sister (didn’t land the stun)

From here on out it is a slow grind. My kill order is Grand Inquisitor, Fifth Brother (his AOE dispels your buffs, inflicts defense down and expose), Second Sister, Eighth Brother, Reva). Use Heroes Arise as often as possible to heal up JML and JKL. CLS will do Call to Arms to heal himself up. Use Chewie’s AOE often and call Han to assist with anyone you can to get his health and protection recovery going. Keep the stuns going. It took around 10 minutes for me to do this but I finished without anyone dying.
  • Nice work! That 3-star result has to make you feel much better about next month.
  • Wow, they made it bloody worse... yesterday I managed one star with slkr today I cant even get a turn
  • I did all the proving grounds when conquest was over, but it seems we can do it again today for free, no refreshs, CG gave up 1 more chance at them.
  • On my point of view they buffed it, slkr bosk and bmando doesnt work anymore
  • This worked reasonably well for me, too. Don’t know how you managed to 3-star it, but congrats! Dots always seemed to get Han and Chewie for me. But the other three survived after a few attempts.
    Chazzerous wrote: »
    I used this strat from one of my guildmates (credit to KaGe) and was able to 3 star:

Turn 1 - what I’ve typed below can only really work if nobody died before you get your first turn.
    CLS dispels Reva’s taunt

From here on out it is a slow grind. My kill order is Grand Inquisitor, Fifth Brother (his AOE dispels your buffs, inflicts defense down and expose), Second Sister, Eighth Brother, Reva). Use Heroes Arise as often as possible to heal up JML and JKL. CLS will do Call to Arms to heal himself up. Use Chewie’s AOE often and call Han to assist with anyone you can to get his health and protection recovery going. Keep the stuns going. It took around 10 minutes for me to do this but I finished without anyone dying.

• It feels contemptuous to a really big chunk of the player base to pump these kinds of steroids into an event like this, but if anything it'd really be nice to see NPC stats for these things get published so there's less guesswork and RNG involved in building a team to actually give it a shot. Like...this isn't a typical R3 team in place here, what're the real numbers?
  • Nice work CG. 🤬
  • CG: "Sorry we made the event too hard. We didn't test it. We have now adjusted the event--but we haven't tested this either. Hope it isn't even harder now!"
  • Bonfortuna
    3 posts Member
    edited February 2023
    I
  • CG, your event is still too RNG based to be enjoyable.

There is no reason for R3 Inq outspeeding my GLOW or JML.

Change the event or suffer more PR shame...

Can you handle a further degrading of your reviews in the app stores, @CG_Tusken_Meathead @CG_SBCrumb???
  • Rubbish event. Lazy developers... Making it unattainable for many
  • CG is out of his mind, they buffed the event switching 7 sister for 8 brother
  • Definitely seems like they reverted the fix which toned down the difficulty of this event.
  • Nomis
    33 posts Member
    Chazzerous wrote: »

CLS dispels Reva’s taunt

Thanks for this - few teams I tried were obliterated but at least with my toons I got one star using this lineup.

Also first time 3 star Maul and Boba Scion with JKL/JML team this month.
  • twstdbydsn
    1101 posts Member
    I managed to 1* it on auto while in a meeting. Got down to JML vs Reva and that took 3 minutes alone. I had tried a dozen other times/squads last month and this month and barely took a turn before losing everyone. So I consider this pure luck... and I'll take it.
  • rickertron
    324 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Sweet beat it once again, using the RNG strategy and SKLR team. My brilliant tactic was to reset many, many times until conditions were right allowing SKLR to triumph. So much fun! What conditions you ask? The conditions where, I was able to stun the Grand IQ and get ult off as well as the IQ's predominantly dyeing to DOTS.

Line up - SKLR R7, Malak R7, KRU R7, FOST R6, HUX R6
  • Gawejn
    1103 posts Member
    I used same strategy, slkr with full fo team. After few tries like maybe 10 slkr could use ult for 3 turns and i won with one star. But really it has no strategy at all. You counter and and slkr is getting his ult ready.if will survive to next move you win...you dont have to think just hoping for a win on lottery...