edited March 2023
xzn8sr5l3hjh.png

UNIT NAME: Cere Junda
ALIGNMENT: Light
CATEGORIES: Support, Scoundrel, Unaligned Force User, Leader

ABILITIES:

BASIC: Keep Fighting
r9emopcft041.gif

Final Text: Deal Physical damage to target enemy. All Unaligned Force User allies gain Tenacity Up for 2 turns and all allies gain Accuracy Up for 2 turns.

SPECIAL 1:Force Barrier (Cooldown: 5)
whag9bdqxid7.gif

Final Text: All allies gain 10% bonus Protection for 2 turns. Gain an additional 5% bonus Protection for each active Jedi ally and 10% bonus Protection for each active Dark Side or Light Side Unaligned Force User ally for 2 turns. All Unaligned Force User allies gain Defense Up for 2 turns.
The weakest Dark Side or other Light Side Unaligned Force User ally gains Damage Immunity for 1 turn.

SPECIAL 2: Determined Assault (Zeta) (Cooldown: 10)
qbqx0itz8nqt.gif

Final Text: Deal Physical damage to target enemy, plus bonus damage equal to 10% of the target's Max Health (max 200%) for each turn an enemy has taken during this encounter. This ability starts on cooldown and can't be evaded. All Unaligned Force User allies gain Defense Penetration Up for 3 turns.

The weakest other Light Side Unaligned Force User ally recovers 50% Health.

UNIQUE 1: Unity Through Adversity

Final Text: At the start of battle, Cere gains 20% Tenacity for each Dark Side Unaligned Force User ally, 20% Max Protection for each other Light Side Unaligned Force User ally, and 20% Defense for each Jedi ally.

If all allies are Dark Side or Light Side Unaligned Force Users and there are no Galactic Legend allies at the start of battle: At the end of each of her turns, Cere's cooldowns are increased by 1. Whenever an enemy takes a turn, her cooldowns are decreased by 1

LEADER: Rekindle (Zeta, Omicron)

Final Text: All allies have +20% Defense, Max Health, and Max Protection, doubled for Unaligned Force User allies. At the start of each encounter, all Unaligned Force User and Jedi allies gain Protection Up (50%) and Tenacity Up for 2 turns.

If all allies are Dark Side or Light Side Unaligned Force Users and there are no Galactic Legend allies at the start of battle: Until an ally takes their first turn, whenever an enemy starts their turn, all Unaligned Force User allies gain 5% Critical Chance, Critical Damage, and Offense (stacking) until the end of battle. While allies have Accuracy Up, they have +50% Critical Damage. All other Unaligned Force User allies gain 5% Turn Meter whenever another Unaligned Force User ally takes damage from an enemy.

While in Grand Arenas: If all allies are Dark Side or Light Side Unaligned Force Users and there are no Galactic Legend allies at the start of battle: All allies gain 30% Max Health and Max Protection and are immune to Ability Block and Daze. At the start of each encounter, all Unaligned Force User and Jedi allies gain Protection Up (75%) instead. For each instance of damage any Unaligned Force User ally deals to an enemy, they gain 10% Offense (stacking) for 2 turns. Until an ally takes their first turn, whenever an enemy starts their turn all Unaligned Force User allies gain an additional 10% Critical Chance, Critical Damage, and Offense (stacking) until the end of battle. Whenever an ally dispels a debuff, they recover 15% Health and Protection and gain Advantage for 2 turns. Whenever an ally dispels a buff, they recover 15% Health and Protection and at the end of their turn, they gain Foresight for 2 turns.

Key Attributes:
  • Benefits from having a slow team
  • Unaligned Force User synergy helps kit come together
  • Foundationally works well with Cal Kestis
  • We cannot stress enough that Cere benefits from your opponent taking turns first

Inspiration:
  • This version of Cere Junda is taken entirely from her appearance in the game Jedi: Fallen Order from Respawn Entertainment
  • Cere’s ability Determined Assault is taken from when she used (Spoiler) Second Sister’s lightsaber to distract a foe who was about to strike down Cal Kestis in Jedi: Fallen Order
  • And Force Barrier is paying homage to the moment she held back this same foe from striking her down moments later
  • Cere’s Leader ability Rekindle is inspired by her motivation to rebuild the Jedi order through finding people like Cal Kestis and other Force users
  • Cere was designed alongside and in conjunction with Cal Kestis, ensuring that both characters synergized with one another

Strategy Tips:
  • Cere and her team benefit from being slower than their opponent. One of those benefits is stacking Critical Chance, Critical Damage, and Offense the more turns the enemy takes prior to Cere’s team taking their first turn.
  • Cal Kestis
  • Ahsoka Tano (Fulcrum) and Rey (Scavenger) work well under Cere, especially with Cere’s Omicron, because they deal multiple instances of damage. This combined with the stacking statistical benefits of the leader allow them to deal high burst damage.

FAQ:
How do you correctly pronounce her name?
Seer/Sear (like a steak)
What is Cere Junda required to be at for the Hero’s Journey?
7* Gear XII
How do we obtain Cere Junda?
Marquee event
If Cere’s team is intended to be slow, why does she give Turn Meter in her leader ability?
It’s important to allow your team to stack power as your opponent takes turns, but this helps ensure Cere’s team will eventually be able to capitalize on all that power by actually taking a turn themselves.
Why does Cere’s Special ability, Determined Assault, have a cap on the amount of Max Health damage it deals but Rex for example does not?
While this ability is quite similar to Rex’s Aerial Advantage ability, it can stack much, much quicker than his does, and when combined with the right team setup she can use this ability multiple times in a battle. During testing, these values reached such high values that it would frequently crash the game.
Have a question about Cere Junda’s Kit? Fill out this form here:
CLICK ME
Question Deadline:03/07/2023, 11:59 PM PT

Note: There is a possibility between now and when Cere hits the Holotabels that adjustments will be made based on the kit above. Thank you!
Post edited by CG_Tusken_Meathead on

Replies

• Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    first
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Who??
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Mbaren
    82 posts Member
    Oh, it's Cere Junda. You can tell, because it's in the name of the post. Also, where it says "Unit Name: Cere Junda", that's an indication that it's Cere Junda.
  • Ultradude488
    160 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Woah 2 kit reveals today? Hot dog!!
    Once a Jedi, always a Jedi. Wait... never mind.
  • No cool banner image for poor Cere?
  • Gold4
    10 posts Member
    I think you forgot the animations
  • UNIT NAME: Cere Junda
    ALIGNMENT: Light
    CATEGORIES: Support, Scoundrel, Unaligned Force User, Leader

LEADER: Rekindle (Zeta, Omicron)

While in Grand Arenas: If all allies are Dark Side or Light Side Unaligned Force Users and there are no Galactic Legend allies at the start of battle: All allies gain 30% Max Health and Max Protection and are immune to Ability Block and Daze. At the start of each encounter, all Unaligned Force User and Jedi allies gain Protection Up (75%) instead. For each instance of damage any Unaligned Force User ally deals to an enemy, they gain 10% Offense (stacking) for 2 turns. Until an ally takes their first turn, whenever an enemy starts their turn all Unaligned Force User allies gain an additional 10% Critical Chance, Critical Damage, and Offense (stacking) until the end of battle. Whenever an ally dispels a debuff, they recover 15% Health and Protection and gain Advantage for 2 turns. Whenever an ally dispels a buff, they recover 15% Health and Protection and at the end of their turn, they gain Foresight for 2 turns.

If all allies are UFUs and then mentions Jedi allies. Seems like a contradiction to me.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Legend91 wrote: »
    first

THEN YOU HAVE LOST

(( you need to be slow in Cere's case ))
  • sokmai
    17 posts Member

If all allies are UFUs and then mentions Jedi allies. Seems like a contradiction to me.

The mention of Jedi allies is in a separate sentence. If you have the omicron, and bring a team with jedi allies, they'll get the 75% prot up but not the extra 30% max health and max prot. All that said, certainly seems like you'd want a full UFU team.
  • flux_rono
    2112 posts Member
    sokmai wrote: »

The mention of Jedi allies is in a separate sentence. If you have the omicron, and bring a team with jedi allies, they'll get the 75% prot up but not the extra 30% max health and max prot. All that said, certainly seems like you'd want a full UFU team.

I think normally the clauses at the begining either activate or negate the effect of the rest of the omi. So wouldnt a jedi completley stop it?

I could be wrong but idk
  • woop woop! Not as exciting as Cal/BD, but a necessary part of the team I guess. Looking forward to Jedi Cal and hopefully Merrin!
  • No images???
    obiwan.jpg
    Hello there.
  • Many images died to bring us this information
  • If I had to guess the animations, I would say basic is a blaster shot, special one is some sort of force use, and special two is when she uses the second sisters light saber against Vader in the end of the game.
  • CG_Tusken_Meathead
    331 posts EA Community Manager
    No cool banner image for poor Cere?

We wanted to release the kit along with Cal's so you can look at both

At the time, images and animations have not been finalized. I'll insert them when they are good to go :)
  • zj9ulbl3cf43.jpg
  • Seems like the team really needs someone that can call assists, since cere wants to apply accuracy up so the team get +50% crit damage and for cal to apply speed down so his special 2 will stun. But right now no one on a unaligned force user squad will call assists.
  • Where’s the poster?
  • No animation
    Megamind face
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Not a fan of these new image/gifless reveals. I'd rather have it later but with it. The current presentation is more like a pre-hype thing.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Not a fan of these new image/gifless reveals. I'd rather have it later but with it. The current presentation is more like a pre-hype thing.

it's on the website now for whatever reason
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »

it's on the website now for whatever reason

Ah ok, then Meathead is prolly about to edit it here.
  • The q&a time limit is well gone, so I'll just ask here.

Under the lead: All other Unaligned Force User allies gain 5% Turn Meter whenever another Unaligned Force User ally takes damage from an enemy.

Does the "other UFU" part of this exclude Cere from this part of the ability? Or is it excluding the UFU that just got damaged?

I could interpret this in a couple of ways:
    1. Cal gets damaged. All team members including Cal gain TM, but Cere does not gain TM. Cere gets damaged, no one gains TM. That is if the "other" and "another" are excluding the unit the ability belongs to, like the way most swgoh kits are written.

2. Cal gets damaged. Cere and the whole team, except for Cal, gain TM. That is if the "other" and "another" are being used in a different way to most other kits.

I think it's probably the second one.

This would be more clear if it was:
    Whenever an UFU ally takes damage from an enemy, all other UFU allies gain 5% TM.
    Introduce the subject first (an UFU ally), then the "others" are not that UFU.
    Starting with "all other UFU allies" can create the assumption that the ability owner is the subject, like in most kits.
  • I’m also wondering if the 30% health and protection under her omicron adds to the original 20% (doubled for UFU’s) or replaces. So would a UFU team under her omicron have +70% (30 added to the original 40) or +60% (30% doubled for UFU’s)?
  • If I had to guess the animations, I would say basic is a blaster shot, special one is some sort of force use, and special two is when she uses the second sisters light saber against Vader in the end of the game.

perfect prediction.
  • Stop releasing more scoundrels lol my mats are all used up at dr.aphra and zorri.
  • It doesn’t make a whole lot of difference, but i’m stil l curious: the +5% when someone takes a turn stuff implied there is a compound interest system. 100 offense turn to 105, then add 5% to 110,25 offense (and not 110), etc.. Is this how it will work ?
  • Well, initial testing shows she’s not great. Maybe her omicron will do wonders in GAC though…
  • Wait till the whole team released.