[MEGA Thread] Cal Kestis: Hero's Journey Guide + Bonus Zone Info

Prev1
CG_Tusken_Meathead
331 posts EA Community Manager
Figured it would be best to collect all the excitement in one post!

Replies

• Sounds cool, except... more platoons? You guys have really homed in on the game play we really love!
  • Xel
    18 posts Member
    Exciting! Looking forward to the new characters and game content! 🤓❤️
  • I'm simultaneously pleased and not by the reqs - on one hand it hinders PVE cheating to unlock him (requiring at least G12 means sizeable investment), but on the other there is a certain joy (despair, maybe, but satisfaction when it's done) in min-maxing reqs so as to just squeeze through, as opposed to breezing through. With repeat tiers (GL farms) then easier is better, but if it's a tier you only need to complete once then a bit of difficulty is good. All together, though, if G12 is par for unlock then it seems as though it will be a moderate level event which doesn't require immense investment, which I think will make people happy (or less disappointed if he's not as good as expected or in the way expected (Grand Inquisitor)).
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Saw Guerrera finally joining the holotables but wasn’t expecting him to show up as part of the FO marquees
  • Will Merrin be an unaligned force user?

I would have preferred Taron Malicos, or Cal’s master.
  • ====Quote====

Event Unlock Minimum Requirements:
    Cal Kestis (7*, Gear Tier XII)
    Cere Junda (7*, Gear Tier XII)
    Merrin (7*, Gear Tier XII)
    Tarfful (7*, Gear Tier XII)
    Saw Gerrera (7*, Gear Tier XII)

The event will only be playable for a limited time, and will not be available in Journey Guide permanently (for now).

=============

So, to unlock the events, one has to bring those characters to 7* ($300 each), otherwise he will not be able to play those limited time events?
    Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting
  • It says R6 Cal and Cere are required to participate in the bonus zone, but it also states previously that the zone requires R7 toons. Which one is it?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    So glad that the requirements are G12 and not R5. It will still be necessary to get them higher for ROTE anyway, but at least the event itself won't require panic relics.
    It says R6 Cal and Cere are required to participate in the bonus zone, but it also states previously that the zone requires R7 toons. Which one is it?
    R6 Cal and Cere are needed for the unlock mission, R7 in the zone itself.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    ====Quote====

Event Unlock Minimum Requirements:
    Cal Kestis (7*, Gear Tier XII)
    Cere Junda (7*, Gear Tier XII)
    Merrin (7*, Gear Tier XII)
    Tarfful (7*, Gear Tier XII)
    Saw Gerrera (7*, Gear Tier XII)

The event will only be playable for a limited time, and will not be available in Journey Guide permanently (for now).

=============

So, to unlock the events, one has to bring those characters to 7* ($300 each), otherwise he will not be able to play those limited time events?

Limited events return a few-ish months later and join the journey guide one year after their release. Usually.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »
    So glad that the requirements are G12 and not R5. It will still be necessary to get them higher for ROTE anyway, but at least the event itself won't require panic relics.
    It says R6 Cal and Cere are required to participate in the bonus zone, but it also states previously that the zone requires R7 toons. Which one is it?

Can't wait for all the people to have them at G12 and they are on the forum complaining about how they cant pass the battles.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »

Can't wait for all the people to have them at G12 and they are on the forum complaining about how they cant pass the battles.

Of course, CG tuning the difficulty way above the minimum requirements is a real possibility...
  • Some people said that the Event would be permanent, but that's not the case here...

Did the Road Ahead ever say that the Event would be permanent? Either way, glad it's Gear Level 12 and not relics. The grind will still be painful, but definitely better than trying to get Gear Level 13 stuff.
    Hello there.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    You've learned a valuable lesson, most people here have no clue what they're talking about
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    You've learned a valuable lesson, most people here have no clue what they're talking about

They are technically right, it will become permanent eventually. And isn't technically right your favorite kind of right?
  • el_mago
    748 posts Member

Of course, CG tuning the difficulty way above the minimum requirements is the way is a real possibility...

ftfy
  • E3P0
    109 posts Member
    It's been a struggle trying to break a 6 year habit and consistently switch to using the term "operations" instead of "platoons" for myself, my fellow officers and all our guild members.

So you can imagine how seeing the phrase "Platoons in Bonus Zones" in an official dev announcement can kind of make me (and I'm sure others) feel like kind of a fool.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    We just always stuck with platoons
  • LordDirt wrote: »

99% sure that's gonna happen. Also off-topic, but good luck on the GAC :)
    Pretty funny how out of all people YOU are the one I get matched up with haha. Let's have a good one.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    lol wut

MAKE A THREAD
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member

Pretty funny how out of all people YOU are the one I get matched up with haha. Let's have a good one.

I’m am GAC pushover, you got this.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • TVF wrote: »
    lol wut

MAKE A THREAD

I thought about it actually, but then was like "nah it's ok, no need to make a big fuss about it" lol
  • LordDirt wrote: »

I’m am GAC pushover, you got this.

We'll see! Should be interesting anyway I think.
  • we wanna see the results
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    lol wut

MAKE A THREAD

I thought about it actually, but then was like "nah it's ok, no need to make a big fuss about it" lol

DEWIT
  • 👁😆
    M.D.R
  • we wanna see the results

I won 1087-912. Was a close one, one failed battle on his front wall and I would have lost. @LordDirt Good game bud. Told you it would be an interesting one.

PS: Aphra is insane!
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    we wanna see the results

I won 1087-912. Was a close one, one failed battle on his front wall and I would have lost. @LordDirt Good game bud. Told you it would be an interesting one.

PS: Aphra is insane!

Told you I was a pushover. GG
  • I'm looking forward to Jedi: Fallen Order and Jedi: Survivor characters coming along soon. I just feel like a few might be missing...
    I threw together a Purge Trooper squad idea and posted it here https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/262438/purge-trooper-squad-concept-and-kit#latest
    And I also am working on kit concepts for Jaro Tapal, Taron Malicos, a couple Night Brothers, etc. Just cuz I can and just cuz I'm a big fan of the Jedi: Fallen Order game lol.
    “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” -Martin Luther King Jr.