Please reduce time spent on old content when you make new content

Help us, CG, you’re our only hope!

We desperately need some time saving changes for SWGOH. I know that time in game is a valuable metric for developers, but the time commitments for SWGOH keep growing and growing and nothing substantial has been taken away in a long time.

This may not affect accounts of all sizes equally, but for your most dedicated and longest tenured accounts, monthly time commitments are roughly:

ROTE TB- 1 hour for 12 phases a “month” (4 week cycle) = 12 hours

TW- 2 hours for 4 tws a month = 8 hours (note, this will vary wildly depending on guild)

GAC- 1 hour for 9 attack phases a month = 9 hours

Conquest 1.5 hours for 14 days of conquest = 21 hours

Dailies and fleet arena climbs- 30 minutes for all 28 days = 14 hours

Raids- Heroic sith and Cpit - 20 minutes each for 3 raids (2 sith, 1 cpit) a week = 4 hours (note this can be completely ignored for a lot of people)

Total estimate is 68 hours for 2.4 hours a day average over a 28 day month. Note that this is not counting events (I should have put GCs in there) or remods or mod upgrading, which all take time. Also, these game modes are not evenly spaced so some weeks are much much busier than others.

(Obviously these time estimates are very rough and mainly from my experience, YMMV, but it is inarguable that a large proportion of advanced accounts feel the time crunch and can lead to burnout)

Now, you want to add bonus nodes to TB, which is very cool but will add more combat which adds more time in game.

And the new raid system also sounds super cool, except the personal reward track sounds a lot like conquest in that you have to do it to earn better rewards. Right now, a lot (majority ?) of advanced players simply ignore raids and get what they get. So the ‘time saving’ of removing Sith raid in favor of the single raid does not actually save most players time.

2.4 hours a day is a LOT. And upping that ask is not sustainable.

CG needs to remove some time sinks from the game akin to when they made daily challenges or Galactic War simmable. Rewards still exist but the game mode does not.

Some suggestions off the top of my head:

Make a lot more events simmable. The fact that I have to auto smugglers run or the Wicket event every month is silly.

Make conquest simmable. 3 star a node and you can sim it. No stamina, no feats. So it will allow players who are interested to save an hour a day farming DC nodes.

TB I am not sure, bonus planets is a really cool idea but I don’t want to do another 3-5 battles every tb. At minimum, make sure those battles are not the “kill 50 stormtroopers over 2 waves” type that take forever. Don’t even get me started on Dathomir battles

Krayt Raid: I love the idea of faction limitations, that will help hopefully. I think the key here for time savings is making sure the personal reward track is not super grindy, like you don’t have to restart over and over to max runs to get the shiny object on the reward track, it will be tricky. Krayt Raid can potentially be great, or potentially drive people over the edge if you have to grind it for an hour every night.

I am sure there are other ideas. CG, please be respectful of players commitment and personal lives, take some time in game away as you add these new modes.

Replies

• 2.4 hours/day…..lol
    I’m 9.6m power, 7 GLs, Reva half farmed —> competitive in Fleet Arena, K1/K2 GAC and I’m a max of an hour on busy days (e.g. Conquest days).
    That’s still a chunk of time….but 2.4 hours seems a HUGE overestimate.
  • I don't know what the time demand is exactly. My larger issue is the quality of the time. Grinding Conquest? Boring. TB combats? Boring (already). HSR? Boring. Unsimmable events? Boring.

Except for GAC/TW attacks and the first pass through Nodes on a new Conquest, most of it is tired.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    I don't know what the time demand is exactly. My larger issue is the quality of the time. Grinding Conquest? Boring. TB combats? Boring (already). HSR? Boring. Unsimmable events? Boring.

Except for GAC/TW attacks and the first pass through Nodes on a new Conquest, most of it is tired.

Well even GAC and TW attacks are mostly the same thing over and over again.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »
    I don't know what the time demand is exactly. My larger issue is the quality of the time. Grinding Conquest? Boring. TB combats? Boring (already). HSR? Boring. Unsimmable events? Boring.

Exactly, people complain about conquest but GA and TW battles are almost always the same every round.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • GegeGerard24
    417 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    If you use Android, you can see your daily screen time.

I am surprised (literary, not an exageration) to see that mine is 4h per day.
    All that, i think, I do is just checking the game from time to time, just a quick peek and close the game. That's it.

3cxlx4j8nhea.jpg

Most of the times, peoples think that they don't play that long. I did, b4 i watched that screen time.

Had some1 asked me "how many hours do you spend on SWGOH daily", I would have said 1h too.
    But it turned out that I "played" more than I had thought I did.

So yes, 2.5h per day, aren't so shocking to me, NOW.
    Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting
  • If you use Android, you can see your daily screen time.

I am surprised (literary, not an exageration) to see that mine is 4h per day.
    All that, i think, I do is just checking the game from time to time, just a quick peek and close the game. That's it.

3cxlx4j8nhea.jpg

Most of the times, peoples think that they don't play that long. I did, b4 i watched that screen time.

Had some1 asked me "how many hours do you spend on SWGOH daily", I would have said 1h too.
    But it turned out that I "played" more than I had thought I did.

So yes, 2.5h per day, aren't so shocking to me, NOW.

I would be willing to bet that 1/4 of our time is us staring at empty energy waiting for something magical to happen.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    No?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Well then ig i just lost some money
  • I would be willing to bet that 1/4 of our time is us staring at empty energy waiting for something magical to happen.

Screen time includes the long "loading screen" time too, i guess.

But still, if some1 asks me "what do you do in those 4h in swgoh?"...honestly, i say idk.
    I genuinely feel that i just do a quick peek from time to time and close the game afterward.

Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting
  • c993gd92a91p.jpeg
    This is what i’ve looked like recently. though, to be fair, i have been grounded and only playing at school lol.
  • I would be willing to bet that 1/4 of our time is us staring at empty energy waiting for something magical to happen.

Oh yes!
    I can say that I check the game from time to time to collect the free bronziums.
    10 times alone just for that...lol.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    I just spin my characters around and around

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP4T4fHcd0g
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • el_mago
    748 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »

You spin me right 'round, baby, right 'round
    Like a record, baby, right 'round, 'round, 'round
  • scuba wrote: »

We all have our own preferences, but in my neck of the woods, GAC is far from stale and repetitive. In fact, the meta changes so rapidly now, I just can't keep up anymore.

TW... yeah, mostly agree, but as a non-officer, the time demand is low enough that I'm not bothered yet.

To each his own.
  • On slow months like jan feb march, at times i spent 3 to 4 hours a day playing swgoh(officer here attach to tw) in and out trying diffrent combos and spinning my characters around when i get bored at work lol 😆. I find TB/TW/GAC not to be boring or repetitive since every match is against a diffrent guild/player and the stuff they have is diffrent from the last group, I do find conquest boring whenever there is a stupid mission that says do this 50 times, land this debuf 150 times, I rather see them change the conquest, once you have done all the battles and now have to keep going back and redo the battles over and over and over to get the feats done gets boring and tedious real fast once the 2nd conquest comes out.

Its turning into the worst version of galactic war, atlist back then you did 12 battles everyday and you were done, now you gotta do 14x5=70 battles and than god knows how many more battles to accomplish the feats.

Imo the conquest should change into 1 team 1 use per conquest, get rid of the energy, get rid of the stamina, 1 battle and the squad is used up and cant be used again unless refreshed with crystals, win 35 battles and 5 fleet battles and you get red crate, use ur brain and use ur entire roster to win instead of using the same 5 teams plus the extra 1 or 2 teams per section for the feats
  • You could even say each conquest planet starts with a fleet battle, which ever fleet you bring gives you permanent buffs for that planet and gives you unique abilities it would feel like a true conquest
  • LordDirt wrote: »

Spinning! That's a good trick.
    Hello there.
  • scuba wrote: »

We all have our own preferences, but in my neck of the woods, GAC is far from stale and repetitive. In fact, the meta changes so rapidly now, I just can't keep up anymore.

TW... yeah, mostly agree, but as a non-officer, the time demand is low enough that I'm not bothered yet.

To each his own.

For me, GAC becomes unique around every 2 weeks due to some new change I put into my rosters. Most recent one was putting the Omicron on Qui-Gon Jinn and winning against much stronger teams.

Can't do much in TW though since a lot of the time, enemy squads are way too strong for me.
    Hello there.
  • Also, if you do find GAC/TW to be a boring chore, it further bolsters my point that the time that is demanded of us is largely boring and repetitive XD
  • Its turning into the worst version of galactic war, atlist back then you did 12 battles everyday and you were done, now you gotta do 14x5=70 battles and than god knows how many more battles to accomplish the feats.

It's worse than that. I believe it's 22 battles per sector :open_mouth:

And if you're farming DCs diligently, it's 24 battles per day for 2 weeks straight. So basically 2 GWs per day without sim tickets :(
  • Non Simmable Events:

Advanced Fleet Mastery
    • Admiral’s Maneuver • Discarded Doctrine • Endurance • Executrix • General’s Command • Home One

Special Events
    • Defense of Dathomir • Endor Escalation • Galactic Bounties I • Galactic Bounties II • Ghosts of Dathomir

Resource Events
    • Contraband Cargo • Smuggler’s Run I • Smuggler’s Run II

Mythic Events (only partial simmable)
    • Artist of War Mythic (Grand Admiral Thrawn) • Daring Droid Mythic (R2-D2) • Emperor's Demise Mythic (Emperor Palpatine) • Grand Master's Training Mythic (Grand Master Yoda) • Pieces & Plans Mythic (BB-8)
  • I fully support this proposal. Between daily activities, GAC, TW/TB and conquest everything that can be simmed should be simmable, especially the old content.

Allow sims:
    once you have 7 starred the capital ships
    on recycled GCs
    on conquest treasure nodes after you hit red box
    all of the old resource events
  • KDC99X
    750 posts Member
    Agreed, removing route manual tasks and making them automated would be ideal.

Better UI design would help a lot too. We should be able to tab between list entries (units, DCs, ships, etc) in every menu/list in the game. The time spent to navigate down and up two levels to check every character’s stats when scouting a squad’s defense in GAC/TW.. it adds up..