AN END TO THE OCCUPATION

Replies

• Whills_Force
    199 posts Member
    edited July 2023
    Working on our GP even now...
    Post edited by Whills_Force on
  • I am watching to see where this goes - and may I extend my compliments for managing to go from 6 up to 44
  • I just dropped 5 members, looking for 5 who are ready for war.
  • I just dropped 5 members, looking for 5 who are ready for war.

I wouldn't advertise that you cut people during TB
  • Don't join our guild and do nothing for a week leading up to Territory War. Everyone on board already knows this.
  • New member slots opening soon.
  • I do not recommend joining this guild. Whills doesnt use Join periods for raids & the last pit raid resulted in only 7 members getting rewards. I was booted from the guild after pointing out how unfair this is for everyone that is generating raid tickets.
    all the Jedi say I’m pretty fly for a Qui guy
  • Whills_Force
    199 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    I do not recommend joining this guild. Whills doesnt use Join periods for raids & the last pit raid resulted in only 7 members getting rewards. I was booted from the guild after pointing out how unfair this is for everyone that is generating raid tickets.

You were booted Qui for being impatient and filling the chat box with arguments that were previously made and understood. You had only been in the guild a few days and thought you took precedence over what had already been discussed with our longest term members. You were wrong. Thank you for giving me a new perspective on what may be required of newly accepted members in the future.
  • Success is feverishly pursued by criticism, I think.

2a3tjhvzy0qm.png
  • Glad to see we are finally getting some wars in. The doors to the guild are now closed. All new membership is by inquiry only.
  • I do not recommend joining this guild. Whills doesnt use Join periods for raids & the last pit raid resulted in only 7 members getting rewards. I was booted from the guild after pointing out how unfair this is for everyone that is generating raid tickets.

You were booted Qui for being impatient and filling the chat box with arguments that were previously made and understood. You had only been in the guild a few days and thought you took precedence over what had already been discussed with our longest term members. You were wrong. Thank you for giving me a new perspective on what may be required of newly accepted members in the future.

I know this is unsolicited advice Whills - but as a leader of a 370m GP guild, I think Qui was giving you some good advice. We don't sim any raids because we have some members that still enjoy doing them, but they're all on a 24 hour join period. Most of the time it's only 5 or 6 people doing a raid and the rest of us get auto-placement rewards. It's much better for everyone in the guild to get something than for most people to get nothing. Your guild GP will grow much faster that way. Just some advice from a veteran player and fellow guild leader. Take it or leave it.
    F2P since the last time I bought Kyros, Crystals, or the Conquest Pass.
  • You know, that message
    Wouldn't have disappeared
    If made on Discord.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Success is feverishly pursued by criticism, I think.

2a3tjhvzy0qm.png

Winning one TW has nothing to do with how many raid rewards your guild is missing out on.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • chpMINIsolo_77
    3103 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    I think Qui was giving you some good advice. We don't sim any raids because we have some members that still enjoy doing them, but they're all on a 24 hour join period. Most of the time it's only 5 or 6 people doing a raid and the rest of us get auto-placement rewards. It's much better for everyone in the guild to get something than for most people to get nothing. Your guild GP will grow much faster that way. Just some advice from a veteran player and fellow guild leader. Take it or leave it.

As a leader of a guild as well, I couldn’t agree more.
  • Successful guilds use join periods to ensure everyone gets rewards.

It’s communism working in its most beautiful form.

This is embarrassing for you. I hope your members don’t see this and realise how bad the decisions you are making are for the whole of your guild.

This is embarrassing for you. I hope your members don’t see this and realise how bad the decisions you are making are for the whole of your guild.

I hope they do see this. They deserve better
  • I can't say I embarrass easy. This is not my first role as a guild leader. Ours was using a join period up until that last Pit raid just prior to which a couple of members were suggesting we try something different. I don't even think Qui was there long enough to know that or to join the war. I was actually hesitant about making any change because I thought consistency was more beneficial. But so are change and risk, I'd say.

I could give the other members the link to this page so they can comment and decide for themselves. I am completely satisfied with the progress the guild has made so far and yes I find it interesting how much attention success gains from communists who need to stir up trouble to make their lives less dull.

I'm going to continue on with raids without a join period for the rest of the week. If our members don't like the result, it proves I had it right to begin with. Either way, I have no reason to be disappointed. Thanks.
  • I find it interesting how much attention success gains from communists who need to stir up trouble to make their lives less dull.
    The reason I have stopped by this thread is I have found your posts on Jedi Consular to be quirky, stubborn and obstinate. “Success” is definitely not part of the reason.
    I'm going to continue on with raids without a join period for the rest of the week. If our members don't like the result, it proves I had it right to begin with. Either way, I have no reason to be disappointed. Thanks.
    The quirkiness and stubbornness continues.

How can your members like raids with no join periods? If only 7 of the people who earned the tickets to launch a raid get rewards, how could that ever be a good thing?

You seem pretty determined that any decision you take is the right one, even when the consequences of that decision are 100% obviously to the detriment of your guild members. A good leader doesn’t even try launching raids with no join period, because they know it hurts more guild members than it helps.
  • This url is available to our guild members. If anyone should be spamming it with their analysis, it should be them. This is a guild recruitment thread. Sorry to see some can't stand to see it fulfill its purpose, particularly sad in the case of former members who just don't know how to move on in life. It's like having a crazy ex when you were never really dating to begin with. So...I've got some gear to farm.
  • This is a guild recruitment thread. Sorry to see some can't stand to see it fulfill its purpose, particularly sad in the case of former members who just don't know how to move on in life. It's like having a crazy ex when you were never really dating to begin with.

Don't be shocked to hear from members of your guild when you boot them for having a civil discussion with you, and then you make snide remarks.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I for one am really on the fence about bringing my SLKR and my R9 86 back.
  • BigDaddyCool81
    93 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    I can't say I embarrass easy. This is not my first role as a guild leader. Ours was using a join period up until that last Pit raid just prior to which a couple of members were suggesting we try something different. I don't even think Qui was there long enough to know that or to join the war. I was actually hesitant about making any change because I thought consistency was more beneficial. But so are change and risk, I'd say.

I could give the other members the link to this page so they can comment and decide for themselves. I am completely satisfied with the progress the guild has made so far and yes I find it interesting how much attention success gains from communists who need to stir up trouble to make their lives less dull.

Just out of curiosity, what happened to your old guild that you were a leader of? (as you say this isn't your first role as guild leader)
  • This is a guild recruitment thread. Sorry to see some can't stand to see it fulfill its purpose, particularly sad in the case of former members who just don't know how to move on in life. It's like having a crazy ex when you were never really dating to begin with.

Don't be shocked to hear from members of your guild when you boot them for having a civil discussion with you, and then you make snide remarks.

That discussion was already closed. The former member said more than his piece on the matter but I appreciate you highlighting it.
  • I can't say I embarrass easy. This is not my first role as a guild leader. Ours was using a join period up until that last Pit raid just prior to which a couple of members were suggesting we try something different. I don't even think Qui was there long enough to know that or to join the war. I was actually hesitant about making any change because I thought consistency was more beneficial. But so are change and risk, I'd say.

Just out of curiosity, what happened to your old guild that you were a leader of? (as you say this isn't your first role as guild leader)

In short, I pushed them too hard for results. Those members grew quickly but I had both detractors and supporters among the bunch. That was worsened when I removed a friend of one of our members for underperforming. He threw a tantrum about it and it discouraged some of the other members. Even prior to that, he had been committing willful acts of insubordination during events that cost us rewards but I gave him the benefit of the doubt at the time because I liked his spirit. That was a mistake. I gave the guild to one of my officers and as far as I know, he disbanded it after some more months had passed so the remaining members could merge into other guilds. I do hope that answers your question.
  • TVF wrote: »
    I for one am really on the fence about bringing my SLKR and my R9 86 back.

But you are considering it?
  • I find it interesting how much attention success gains from communists who need to stir up trouble to make their lives less dull.
    The reason I have stopped by this thread is I have found your posts on Jedi Consular to be quirky, stubborn and obstinate. “Success” is definitely not part of the reason.

How can your members like raids with no join periods? If only 7 of the people who earned the tickets to launch a raid get rewards, how could that ever be a good thing?

You seem pretty determined that any decision you take is the right one, even when the consequences of that decision are 100% obviously to the detriment of your guild members. A good leader doesn’t even try launching raids with no join period, because they know it hurts more guild members than it helps.

Hurt? I can't imagine any of our members are hurting on account of a single raid. We help each other out. I am going to check with them again to find out if they are satisfied with the rewards they have gotten so far.

At the moment I am only concerned about one member because he asked about the Pit raid yesterday but then didn't show up today.

And I love my Jedi Consular. Waiting to see if my confidence in him holds up in further Wars.
  • YodasAdoy wrote: »
    I am watching to see where this goes - and may I extend my compliments for managing to go from 6 up to 44

I'm emotionally exhausted. (Am I allowed to say that?)
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I find it interesting how much attention success gains from communists who need to stir up trouble to make their lives less dull.

Hurt? I can't imagine any of our members are hurting on account of a single raid. We help each other out. I am going to check with them again to find out if they are satisfied with the rewards they have gotten so far.

Any member that is fine with missing out on rewards probably isn't even paying enough attention to realize they're missing them.
  • TVF wrote: »
    I find it interesting how much attention success gains from communists who need to stir up trouble to make their lives less dull.

Any member that is fine with missing out on rewards probably isn't even paying enough attention to realize they're missing them.

But you would notice, right, TV?