Split the problem fleet shard again.

Replies

• TVF wrote: »
    Crosshair wrote: »
    I don’t really know how this works because I’m new to the game, but can you move shards? Sounds like your one is too toxic for any real change to happen.

Nope. An individual can't perform a shard move. And the only instance of shard changes that I know for sure happened is when the fleet shard I'm on was split back in 2018.

I am, however, fairly certain that CG has moved individual accounts in the past for unrelated reasons, suggesting that the possibility exists.

Can you provide concrete examples of that? I've never heard one.

I believe this account was moved to a test shard.
  • Sounds like you are being targeted. Did you not consider joining the shard chat?

Seldom do I leave the top 10 and I'm still running a 7 star exec when most use prof.

d67qcfoo0h8s.png
    g7qywqv6fuow.png
    l09npahcp6z2.png

And yeah, not leaving top 10 is a solid example of not losing your position because of the disparity in activity and competitiveness of the different shards. Hence the need to split my shard.

/e Those attempts to reach out are but a snippet. I've reached out to at least half a dozen or more people and I'm always met with pretty much the same type of response. Frustrated toxicity. I know their frustration because the shard is extremely active and it's draining (even more so when being harassed by the mafia by chaining and locking). My attempts to make it more cooperative have always been met with hostility. I changed my payout to a different slot, I was only climbing during my hour and spending a decent chunk of crystals on timer refreshes to fit all of my climbing in that hour to actually try to reach top 5 or better. After setting up my rotbot, I avoided hitting people in my time slot and would only hit people who were 2+ hours away unless it couldn't be helped.

This is just awful behaviour didn't realise there was such people playing this game
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    Sounds like you are being targeted. Did you not consider joining the shard chat?

Seldom do I leave the top 10 and I'm still running a 7 star exec when most use prof.

d67qcfoo0h8s.png
    g7qywqv6fuow.png
    l09npahcp6z2.png

And yeah, not leaving top 10 is a solid example of not losing your position because of the disparity in activity and competitiveness of the different shards. Hence the need to split my shard.

/e Those attempts to reach out are but a snippet. I've reached out to at least half a dozen or more people and I'm always met with pretty much the same type of response. Frustrated toxicity. I know their frustration because the shard is extremely active and it's draining (even more so when being harassed by the mafia by chaining and locking). My attempts to make it more cooperative have always been met with hostility. I changed my payout to a different slot, I was only climbing during my hour and spending a decent chunk of crystals on timer refreshes to fit all of my climbing in that hour to actually try to reach top 5 or better. After setting up my rotbot, I avoided hitting people in my time slot and would only hit people who were 2+ hours away unless it couldn't be helped.

This is just awful behaviour didn't realise there was such people playing this game

Sympathise with OP as it seems he shares a fleet shard with some really obnoxious players.

But love it or hate GAC, at least this nonsense is no longer a problem in squad arena.
  • Sounds like you are being targeted. Did you not consider joining the shard chat?

d67qcfoo0h8s.png
    g7qywqv6fuow.png
    l09npahcp6z2.png

You'll find bad people everywhere.

I feel bad for them because I want to give them the benefit of the doubt that they're usually decent to good people. I'm sure a lot of what they are feeling and the subsequent lashing out is the result of having to deal with the shard for so many years. I really do understand their frustration because of how competitive the shard is compared to the stories we hear of other shards where people don't move.

But I guess I'm mostly disappointed that my attempts to foster more cooperation have been met with such hostility. It takes significantly more effort for them to be toxic than it does to cooperate with willing people. I've seen them spend crystals to buy refreshes and reset their timers just to hit me. Multiple people spend crystals that they don't have to spend and put in extra time that could be spent doing other stuff in order to prevent me from getting an amount of crystals that is less than what the mafia spends just to hit me back. Their actions usually don't benefit them at all, it's likely a break even or net loss overall. They act like it's a zero sum game mode and it isn't. It's crazy.
  • Sounds like your shard is a hive of scum and villainy.
  • OmegaIV
    104 posts Member
    This is awful.

Fleet arena should really just be PVE imo. Or they should just get rid of it altogether and move the crystal payout to another part of the game, like they did with arena.

Honestly, with the amount of time you need to invest in TB & TW, the crystal payout should be way larger.

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    What do you mean by fleet arena being PVE?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Yeah, I find it hard to agree with the idea of moving crystals to guild activities because they aren't currently tied to being in a guild. But something definitely needs done about fleet arena rewards or the problem fleet arenas.
  • yolkywareagle
    1016 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    maybe keep fleet arena awards regular and add crystals to guild events. Or, make fleet and squad arena go by season. at the end of each season, each player gets reward crates like conquest based on their final rank. at the start of the next season they keep the rank they left off with. whenever a season ends, the next immediately starts.

edit: this just has to do with rewards, not with the problem shard
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Crosshair wrote: »
    I don’t really know how this works because I’m new to the game, but can you move shards? Sounds like your one is too toxic for any real change to happen.

Nope. An individual can't perform a shard move. And the only instance of shard changes that I know for sure happened is when the fleet shard I'm on was split back in 2018.

I am, however, fairly certain that CG has moved individual accounts in the past for unrelated reasons, suggesting that the possibility exists.

Yeah I remember when the split happened and I thought they actually did a second one with it, don't recall all the details.
    Sadly I don't see them doing this. The split was driven, at least the messaging for it, by cg_carrie, who had done a lot of favorable player things that don't seem to happen any more since her departure.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Lumiya wrote: »
    I will never understand such behaviour! Our shard chat is so friendly and we often chat about so many different things. Seems I got lucky with my shard mates. Fun fact for us it's actually the other way around. I always try to reach out to people who break into top 30, some of them don't even enter the chat or just simply don't respond.
    We even had one who did not react to our invites and wanted to stay all day on #1 and fought everyone even if his payout was 12 hours later. Must have burned many crystals for those refreshes just to hog that position.

Your shard isn't the problem fleet shard, if you know stories about it, you will understand why the shard chat is more of a mafia, not open to outsiders and very aggressive in keeping people out

All of more reason for CG to remove the crystal from fleet as well and distribute it else where
  • Lumiya
    1435 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    I will never understand such behaviour! Our shard chat is so friendly and we often chat about so many different things. Seems I got lucky with my shard mates. Fun fact for us it's actually the other way around. I always try to reach out to people who break into top 30, some of them don't even enter the chat or just simply don't respond.
    We even had one who did not react to our invites and wanted to stay all day on #1 and fought everyone even if his payout was 12 hours later. Must have burned many crystals for those refreshes just to hog that position.

Your shard isn't the problem fleet shard, if you know stories about it, you will understand why the shard chat is more of a mafia, not open to outsiders and very aggressive in keeping people out

All of more reason for CG to remove the crystal from fleet as well and distribute it else where

No, you can't take one shard that has very specific problems and circumstances and apply it to all the other shards. The shard in question is not "just a normal shard with a shard mafia" and does not represent the majority of shards.

We are all made of star-stuff
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    Hey CG, move the fleet arena crystals to the Galactic War! Problem solved!
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Hey CG, just give me 400 crystals in my inbox every day! Problem solved!
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Wait, 800!
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

No, you can't take one shard that has very specific problems and circumstances and apply it to all the other shards. The shard in question is not "just a normal shard with a shard mafia" and does not represent the majority of shards.

100% this.
  • Just add it to the GAC, increase the daily income by 50, victories by 200, losses by 100, and the end of the week of an gac by 300 crystals
  • Just add it to the GAC, increase the daily income by 50, victories by 200, losses by 100, and the end of the week of an gac by 300 crystals
    Just add it to the GAC, increase the daily income by 50, victories by 200, losses by 100, and the end of the week of an gac by 300 crystals

Hard no on that

That's far too low. The top end has to be equal to or better than 400 crystals daily.
  • TVF wrote: »

100% this.

Something still needs done about the rewards or the problem shards though. Some players being nearly permanently locked out of rewards because they were excited for new content years ago is very problematic.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Just add it to the GAC, increase the daily income by 50, victories by 200, losses by 100, and the end of the week of an gac by 300 crystals

Hard no on that

I know people hate the devs but I for one am very glad the players aren't in charge.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Hard no on that

I know people hate the devs but I for one am very glad the players aren't in charge.

Truth. Game would have really died years ago.
  • Lumiya
    1435 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Hard no on that

Agreed, aswell as with @scuba
    We are all made of star-stuff
  • iMalevolence
    308 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Bump. Shard is still a problem. :)
  • Get over it or get better. Jeez its more whinging. There is no divine right to share arena spoils.
  • I have complete sympathy for the situation you find yourself in as I've been there myself and the only way out of it was to abandon my account. There *should* be a company policy against cyberbullying and discpilinary body for fair play but CG doesn't care, even if you're a paying customer.
  • lucaefor wrote: »
    I have complete sympathy for the situation you find yourself in as I've been there myself and the only way out of it was to abandon my account. There *should* be a company policy against cyberbullying and discpilinary body for fair play but CG doesn't care, even if you're a paying customer.

Yep. The in game behavior exhibited is undesirable for the health of the game and the presented screenshots from discord are reprehensible. The provided evidence would potentially result in temporary suspension of player accounts in a lot of other games.

I appreciate your sympathy.
  • Best way to handle this would be to shake up the fleet arenas just do a random drafts, hide everyones name so you cant vreate a mafia
  • Best way to handle this would be to shake up the fleet arenas just do a random drafts, hide everyones name so you cant vreate a mafia
    Sounds like the best way for CG to hand out much less crystals to me.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Still glad CG is in charge and not the players.