How Much Should I Upgrade Geos?

I've heard various answers to this question, but how geared and star leveled should I make my 5 geo team? I've heard it's useful for Padme/Getting into a good guild but not sure exactly how far to take them.

Also what are signs of a good guild, when I have a full geo team what kind of guild should I look for?

Replies

• Abe_Fr0man
    135 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    My Brood Alpha is R4; Sun Fac, soldier and spy are R3; Poggle is g12. I upgraded to where I could consistently complete the Wat mission in Geo TB.

As far as guild is concerned, I think it depends on what your goals are. I’m the long-time leader of a casual guild (263m GP) but we do require at least g12 geos to help in our guild-wide push for Wat shards. If you wanna be part of a more aggressive guild I think their requirements will be a little more steep.

Edit: correction on gear levels
  • In any progressive guild you’re going to need to relic your Geo’s. First G12 is the base for Wat shards in the dark side Geo TB but also the Acklay mission.

After that R3 is good so your Geo ships can help you with off meta counters in ship battles

Eventually you will need R7 for Rise of the Empire TB but that’s end game.

You will know that you’re in a good guild if you see your guild progressing at a steady pace. Meaning you guys are pushing towards more stars each TB. You have good officers running things keeping raids and such on a consistent schedule. You’ll be progressing in raid difficulties from the pit, to HAAT, to HSTR and then challenge pit. Also if you guys use discord then that’s a great sign of organization, communication and coordination
  • E3P0
    109 posts Member
    It really depends where you are as a player.

For brand new / very low gp players I'm going to buck the conventional wisdom (which is largely outdated) and say Geos can be safely ignored until much later. They're kind of a trap faction at this point. Sure there's some things they do quite well but there's just too much other better stuff you can be focusing on first and they get countered too easily. Their fleet is fine but there are other approaches you can take early-mid game for fleets and do just as well. You're in a 6+ year hole in terms of resources so you really have to take a brutally frugal approach in order to get up and running.

If you're past the very early game and have already somewhat invested in them already, then that changes things. I'd still say don't take them any higher than just good enough to beat the Wat mission, and then leave them in the dust. It can be done pretty consistently at about 80k or just under / ie most of them at purple gear with perhaps a couple at g12.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    R7 min for RotE
  • Im in the yes you should camp. R5 gba with r3 sidekicks easily take out r7 bossk leads. I think i saw somewhere that as you move from low level to high level your geos will move from defence to offence.

No one has mentioned DCs yet, no doubt there will be seps DCs that will come around and yes ship crew. They have a good consistent all round use, meta? Maybe not but you will use them.
  • I’ve got them set at g12 atm, but I do need to upgrade them further as my guild has recently progressed into having enough power for geonosis in TB, and they’re not strong enough for the Wat mission.

At g12 though they are very useful to complete much of the dark and lightside nodes, they’ll get you through galactic battles and they’ll also push you way further in the arena and they’re very useful even at low levels.

They’re not unstoppable, but most players that are at the same point in the game as you are will likely have difficulty beating them.

• I’ve got them set at g12 atm, but I do need to upgrade them further as my guild has recently progressed into having enough power for geonosis in TB, and they’re not strong enough for the Wat mission.

At g12 they should be beating the Wat mission easily (assuming you have all omega and zetas on abilities). If you’re struggling on that mission at this gear level you should consider looking that their mods.
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg

At g12 they should be beating the Wat mission easily (assuming you have all omega and zetas on abilities). If you’re struggling on that mission at this gear level you should consider looking that their mods.
    Yeah I’ve just been using the suggested mods, they’ve been an afterthought for quite a while now tbf.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    I still have them all in g12 with brood being in relics. This was enough to take care of dark geo needs and I don't see a reason to push them further now either.
  • Gawejn
    1104 posts Member
    I have them all r5 and i think it was a good choice. I use them all the time in gac conquest, and dark side geo tb. Much better team in rote than darth revan team. Their ships are quite good.