What is the point of stars ???

Tygra
123 posts Member
Seriously? It use to be that getting 3 stars on a level or an event would give you the ability to sim the event. But more and more we are losing the option to sim events after we achieve 3 stars. Even old events still lack the ability to be simmed, events that have been in this game since before I started playing, which was just before the 1 year anniversary. There is just so much stuff to do in this game now, that there is no reason why we cannot be given the option to sim any event once we achieve 3 stars.

1jhxdmiybltm.jpg
x5nb2xq3h3wi.jpg

Replies

• A, both battles take under 1 minute, dont be lazy.
    B, simply no, more and more events have the sim option now.
  • Yes we need the option to sim those. It's useless to go into a mission and just press the auto button.
  • A bunch of us wished and wished that the assault battles could be simmed for years.....and the price we paid for that wish was conquest. Be careful what you wish for.

That being said, I do see the point the OP is making. Same one we kept making with the ABs.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    What does AB simming have to do with conquest
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Profit
    281 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

My guess would be: Coexistance on opposite sides of the timesaving continuuum.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Profit wrote: »

I'd like to see the timeline on that.
  • Profit
    281 posts Member

I don't know anything about the timelines or the intent of cg for that matter. I just Interpreted the poster to mean that they introduced a time saving mechanic with one hand and a (bigger)time sink with the other.

• TVF
    36527 posts Member

I don't know anything about the timelines or the intent of cg for that matter. I just Interpreted the poster to mean that they introduced a time saving mechanic with one hand and a (bigger)time sink with the other.

Yes I know. My comment was addressed to them not you, sorry.
  • Profit
    281 posts Member

Yes I know. My comment was addressed to them not you, sorry.

No harm no foul, or whichever proverb makes sense :)
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    A bunch of us wished and wished that the assault battles could be simmed for years.....and the price we paid for that wish was conquest. Be careful what you wish .

We made out great then! Conquest is the best. You get to use a lot of your roster and you get a great character or ship for minimal crystals. Let’s keep wishing!!
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LendersQuiz
    1161 posts Member
    edited March 2023

Correct. Simming the ABs was part of the conquest 7 announcement.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/248444/conquest-7-begins-august-30th

It then stands to reason that CG will only sim these other events when they create an even larger time sink.
  • Conquest 7 is when CG made major changes to conquest, making it longer and more "grindy".

While the time needed to complete Conquest will increase, we also want to begin to offset this by reducing the time commitment in other parts of the game. As part of the update with Conquest 7, we will be making all Assault Battles simmable if you have reached 3 Stars and in the future, we are looking to make Heroic Sith Triumvirate Raid simmable if you have reached certain requirements.

Looks like CG has also since changed their mind on simming the Sith raid....
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Conquest 7 is when CG made major changes to conquest, making it longer and more "grindy".

While the time needed to complete Conquest will increase, we also want to begin to offset this by reducing the time commitment in other parts of the game. As part of the update with Conquest 7, we will be making all Assault Battles simmable if you have reached 3 Stars and in the future, we are looking to make Heroic Sith Triumvirate Raid simmable if you have reached certain requirements.

darth-vader-alter-the-deal.gif
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Conquest 7 is when CG made major changes to conquest, making it longer and more "grindy".

Sith raid is going away
  • scuba wrote: »

I don’t think that was the right scene
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member

Sith raid is going away

Yep, CG doing what they do best
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • el_mago
    748 posts Member
    scuba wrote: »

that's what i was thinking too. glad i wasn't crazy.
  • Ontouralldaynz
    184 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    What cracks me up is events I've got 1 or 2 stars on like at the start of last year and since then, some chars have gone from gold level gear sets to R5, and now using the same squads (I've written my winning combo squads down) I can't even finish some events.

its so obvious these events have been doctored up to be harder in the last 6-10 months. I'm not really sure how its possible to do worse, let alone now not even finish some events with better toons. No it wasn't a fluke when I completed some of these things and got 2*s, I can remember several cycles of completion then one day it was like, full team dead in some respects 3/8. I now simply don't even bother with the event. Great way to turn off players...expect up to gear up , relic up, load up or chars, then you go and tweak it so we still lose.

[CM - Edited for language]
    Post edited by EA_Mako on
  • Can you give us an example of an Assault Battle that has been doctored up? And a squad you used to beat it but now doesn’t?

These claims don’t match with my experience of Assault Battles. Maybe we can help spot teams that are a better bet for a 3* finish?
  • What
    its so obvious these events have been doctored up to be harder in the last 6-10 months.

Not obvious to me. Maybe I’m missing something. There are certainly events where RNG can have an influence on whether you get 3 stars or hammered (secrets and shadows in my case) and others where, with the right team comp and leader, a relatively lower geared team can do better than a higher geared GL led team (places of power I think - where an EP lead does better pound for pound than SEE lead - again only in my experience) - but I’ve never noticed any obvious adjustment of difficulty. Im not exactly sure how that would be worth CG’s trouble, to be honest.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member

el_mago wrote: »

that's what i was thinking too. glad i wasn't crazy.

Meh, I noticed it also, but to lazy to keep looking