GL not the best teams anymore?

2Next

Replies

• Nick_74 wrote: »
    There seems to come more and more non GL teams that easily beats GLs.

I have five GL and it’s not worth getting the two I miss, Rey and SLKR.
    They are not worth the time and investment anymore.

The third sister seems to be the last proof that CG doesn’t want the GL to be the best teams anymore.
    But even before that it’s pretty clear that they want lesser teams to easily beat teams like Jabba.
    Sure my Aphra team need the datacrone but when that runs out there will be a new one.
    And of course LV had many non GL teams beating him.

It surprises me CG went this direction. Is it because they doesn’t earn enough money on players farming GLs or is it a change of the meta to reduce the GLs impact in the game?

Only certain types of people deal in absolute.
    Maybe where you are in your farming not going for the last 2 GLs right now is a smart move. It doesn't mean they are not worth the time and investment and never will, even for you.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Drathuk916 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I hope I start finding opponents that skip GLs

That's not his point.

Nick_74 wrote: »

Not worth the time and investment anymore compared to what? The rest of his post and his point.

And @TVFs point is he likes the conclusion the op has come to for his opponents in gac. He’d rather face someone skipping slkr and rey in pursuit of flavor of the month teams. Don’t really see why that’s hard to understand. We have no idea how good the second cal will be or how powerful the dc he gets will be. Seems like tvf is saying known quantities that are permanent is better over unknown quantities both with and without dc.

The OP is pointing out that he believes GLs are no longer the best teams and youre not served focusing on them when you can farm the flavor of the month teams much cheaper and they're beating the GLs hed be grinding for anyway.

Today isnt the best day to suggest GL's are the top of the pecking order when the best overall team in the game is now Reva - which costs much less to get than Rey or SLKR. Why go after SLKR if you have any possible chance of getting Reva?

I will continue to look for opponents that avoid Rey and SLKR.

Right. You get to pick between these two opponents:

A - Reva & Aprha but no Rey & SLKR
    B - Rey & SLKR but no Reva & Aprha

You'll choose to take on A? particularly if they could parlay the lack of extra investment into SLKR and Rey into several other meta teams that require similar total investment.

Remember he said its about the INVESTMENT which you will ignore and suggest they should just have all of everything becasue it ignores the point.
    Can you find one player in the game who is in category A?

If not, this question is hypothetical and not worth answering.

This is all hypothetical? The OP has 75% of that covered by reading his post - we only don't know if he has Reva or how far away he is. Id say that's far from a far off fantasy that I spun out of nothing.

The point is - if you have a guildmate with 4M GP that asks if should they push for Inquistors and Stark Killer or push for Rey - you would 100% say get Rey? I very seriously doubt that.

Remember similar Investments. Thats the point of his thread.
    Again - I can only assume that unlocking Reva is way in the distance for you, especially if you think that 4M GP player should even be considering going for Inquisitors so they can unlock Reva. Guilds with an average GP of 8-8.5M per player are nowhere near unlocking Reva, and your continued insistence that the smart player should ignore GLs and pursue Inquisitors remains bizarre advice.

OP has definitely not earned a Reva shard: https://swgoh.gg/p/642468576/characters/?f=Inquisitorius though I imagine they will start earning them as soon as the GI event returns.

In fact, OP’s guild has exactly 9 eligible GI from all 50 members, so I can say with certainty he has much fewer shards than I do. And I’m at least 8 TBs away. More if GI doesn’t return this month.

You keep talking about “investments” as if all players who take the Inquisitors to r5 to unlock GI then take the right 5 to r7 will just magically get Reva as a result.

Once they’ve followed your advice and farmed Inquisitors, what would you advise the 4M GP player to work on in the intervening 18 months before they get 330 Reva shards?

That's not his point.

Not worth the time and investment anymore compared to what? The rest of his post and his point.

And @TVFs point is he likes the conclusion the op has come to for his opponents in gac. He’d rather face someone skipping slkr and rey in pursuit of flavor of the month teams. Don’t really see why that’s hard to understand. We have no idea how good the second cal will be or how powerful the dc he gets will be. Seems like tvf is saying known quantities that are permanent is better over unknown quantities both with and without dc.

The OP is pointing out that he believes GLs are no longer the best teams and youre not served focusing on them when you can farm the flavor of the month teams much cheaper and they're beating the GLs hed be grinding for anyway.

Today isnt the best day to suggest GL's are the top of the pecking order when the best overall team in the game is now Reva - which costs much less to get than Rey or SLKR. Why go after SLKR if you have any possible chance of getting Reva?

You'll choose to take on A? particularly if they could parlay the lack of extra investment into SLKR and Rey into several other meta teams that require similar total investment.

Remember he said its about the INVESTMENT which you will ignore and suggest they should just have all of everything becasue it ignores the point.

This is all hypothetical? The OP has 75% of that covered by reading his post - we only don't know if he has Reva or how far away he is. Id say that's far from a far off fantasy that I spun out of nothing.

The point is - if you have a guildmate with 4M GP that asks if should they push for Inquistors and Stark Killer or push for Rey - you would 100% say get Rey? I very seriously doubt that.

Find me a 4m player that is getting Reva.

What's the point man? No matter what the topic you add absolutely nothing but weigh in on everything and 95% of the time you key on 1 sentence that's effectively irrelevant to the point just to misdirect the argument. But because I'm a masochist I'll bite one last time.

Who would you let join first:
    9.5M GP with 6 GLs and GI Inqs able to clear Reva mission but missing Rey
    9.9M GP with 7 GLs but no GI and no Aphra.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member

That's not his point.

What's the point man? No matter what the topic you add absolutely nothing but weigh in on everything and 95% of the time you key on 1 sentence that's effectively irrelevant to the point just to misdirect the argument. But because I'm a masochist I'll bite one last time.

Neither player has 4m GP
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

That's not his point.

Neither player has 4m GP

Haha, I gotta admit. Well played.
  • So trying to make my point as simple as possible.

Op has reva ready inqs minus GI and aphra, so the question isn’t about reva at all. He is missing rey and slkr so the question is does he invest in cal pre reqs or pursue slkr or rey.

Rey and slkr are known quantities. Cal is not. We also don’t know when cal is coming to the game, how much time you’ll have to farm shards for pre reqs if at all, and how long you’ll have to wait if you miss cal the first go, will he get a datacron and how good if so.

Everything points to rey or slkr being the safer wiser choice over cal. But it’s their account and they should do what they want.

That's not his point.

I would pass on the guy with 9.9M GP and no GI. There is just no excuse for a player with that much time in game not having GI ready after a 6 month gap between 1st and 2nd run. I'd be worried that they are largely checked out.

Of course, as my officers have told me many times, recruiting is awful these days. So I'd probably take both of them ;P
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    There seems to come more and more non GL teams that easily beats GLs.

The third sister seems to be the last proof that CG doesn’t want the GL to be the best teams anymore.
    But even before that it’s pretty clear that they want lesser teams to easily beat teams like Jabba.
    Sure my Aphra team need the datacrone but when that runs out there will be a new one.
    And of course LV had many non GL teams beating him.

It surprises me CG went this direction. Is it because they doesn’t earn enough money on players farming GLs or is it a change of the meta to reduce the GLs impact in the game?

Only certain types of people deal in absolute.
    Maybe where you are in your farming not going for the last 2 GLs right now is a smart move. It doesn't mean they are not worth the time and investment and never will, even for you.

I’m not saying you could get away without any GLs.
    I have five and about 8 milj GP.

My point is that for a while now it’s been a better investment to go for teams like GI and Aphra. It seems now that Cal will be important.

I’m a bit away from reva but I got Aphra early and that team has for several months beaten the newest GL I GA.
    Now Reva beats all GLs.

In Kyber 2 I often beats players with one or two GLs more than me so yes I’m confident that the fact I spent my recourses on top non GL teams has paid of.

I do slow farm Rey now so eventually I will get more GLs but it’s not top priority.