GAC "Matchmaking"

Prev1345
tohn
18 posts Member
d6nm8sr7o0cp.png
when im at 4.2M GP why i have to face 8M accounts??
what am i supposed to do.. how can i win??
its getting ridiculous.

Replies

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    You are supposed to lose. Cg is against you.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Lower your skill rating
  • What Division are you in? What's your recent Win-Loss record?

Some people don't like 3v3 so it's likely they haven't participated and fell.
  • There is no matchmaking. /thread.
  • Notthatguyfrombefore
    1061 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Has anyone else noticed that this is just humble bragging. Like, “Woe is me! Im so good at GAC that I get matched up with people with nearly double my GP. What fortunes have befallen me to have climbed to such a high division. If only I wasn’t so good at GAC I would still be in a lower division being matched against similar sized accounts!”
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Has anyone else noticed that this is just humble bragging. Like, “Woe is me! Im so good at GAC that I get matched up with people with nearly double my GP. What fortunes have befallen me to have climbed to such a high division. If only I wasn’t so good at GAC I would still be in a lower division being matched against similar sized accounts!”
    I would never stoop to such a thing.

In the meantime, have any forumers found a good car wax for a Porsche 911? The wax I use for my Lamborghini Urus just doesn’t look right on the rear spoiler.
  • tohn
    18 posts Member
    Has anyone else noticed that this is just humble bragging. Like, “Woe is me! Im so good at GAC that I get matched up with people with nearly double my GP. What fortunes have befallen me to have climbed to such a high division. If only I wasn’t so good at GAC I would still be in a lower division being matched against similar sized accounts!”
    i dont think thats the case.. im just asking for a similar GP opponents lol and not 2x my gp
    this now exactly show that GAC is not skill based if we ignore Kyber i guess
  • tohn
    18 posts Member
    What Division are you in? What's your recent Win-Loss record?

Some people don't like 3v3 so it's likely they haven't participated and fell.
    Chromium 2 .. and im not sure if Win-Loss record matter ? last 5v5 its 5/4 and i nthe current 3v3 so far is 4/2
    80% of the times im vs 6M+ accounts...

• tohn
    18 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    scuba wrote: »
    Lower your skill rating
    incorrect solution imo
  • Yet you are winning 60% of your matches…
  • tohn
    18 posts Member
    Yet you are winning 60% of your matches…
    just because i have 2 solid teams to hold...
    its not about the winning or loosing.. its about that when i use my 3-4 good teams on attack im stuck vs the 8M accounts cus their deff is full Reliced while mine is g10 beside 2 good teams
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    tohn wrote: »
    scuba wrote: »
    Lower your skill rating
    incorrect solution imo

True, it causes ppl with lower gp than you to create a copy of this topic.
  • tohn wrote: »
    its not about the winning or loosing.. its about that when i use my 3-4 good teams on attack im stuck vs the 8M accounts cus their deff is full Reliced while mine is g10 beside 2 good teams
    Except… for the devs it absolutely is about winning or losing. The whole stated intention is for players to settle at a 50% win rate.

I completely accept that matchups might not be fun, but for pretty much every forumer complaining about matchups, they are experiencing exactly what the devs have intended.
  • tohn
    18 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Except… for the devs it absolutely is about winning or losing. The whole stated intention is for players to settle at a 50% win rate.

I completely accept that matchups might not be fun, but for pretty much every forumer complaining about matchups, they are experiencing exactly what the devs have intended.

only asking for equal opponents or atlest kind of. Cus now if this guy attack.. he simply win and i dont think that fair
    is it so hard for CG to limit the GAC bracket to some flat range or % ..
    50/50 winrate is perfectly fine
    the few times i was vs slightly lower GP than me i actually lost most of them :smiley:
  • tohn wrote: »

only asking for equal opponents or atlest kind of. Cus now if this guy attack.. he simply win and i dont think that fair
    the few times i was vs slightly lower GP than me i actually lost most of them :smiley:
    The problems are that:
    - CG screwed up when they called it “skill rating”. It’s more a rating of your engagement, than anything else.
    - CG also screwed up when they designed the Skill Rating system. They made it far too easy for someone with a massive GP to fall quickly and face a good player with much smaller GP.

I think they should completely reset GAC at the end of this season, and redesign (and rename) the whole skill rating system. It should be designed so that non-engaging accounts who start life in Kyber 3 take literally MONTHS to drop enough skill rating to reach the levels where they are facing 1.5M GP accounts.

They should give everyone back the GP-influenced initial skill rating, then multiply it by 2.5 or 3, then reduce the skill rating change by half, then go again and see where we end up.
  • tohn
    18 posts Member

The problems are that:
    - CG screwed up when they called it “skill rating”. It’s more a rating of your engagement, than anything else.
    - CG also screwed up when they designed the Skill Rating system. They made it far too easy for someone with a massive GP to fall quickly and face a good player with much smaller GP.

I think they should completely reset GAC at the end of this season, and redesign (and rename) the whole skill rating system. It should be designed so that non-engaging accounts who start life in Kyber 3 take literally MONTHS to drop enough skill rating to reach the levels where they are facing 1.5M GP accounts.

They should give everyone back the GP-influenced initial skill rating, then multiply it by 2.5 or 3, then reduce the skill rating change by half, then go again and see where we end up.

sound like a plan!
    lets go
  • GegeGerard24
    417 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    Don't worry...

I (1.8M) was against 6M <<< 3 times higher, yours is only 2 times higher, and a PhD Astrophysicist said that i should have had 90% chance of winning against him, given that he had dropped so far from Aurodium to Carbonite.

=====

The chance of winning to such higher GP is above 50%.

===Screenshot===
    83il3jg3tp4y.jpg
    ===============

Later, he confirmed that this "above 50%" was actually 90%. Given that the higher GP had dropped that far, from Aurodium to Carbinite (this is the important part)...that is to say, the lower a higher GP drops, the higher chance of you to win against him...

===Screenshot===
    0mx3sd4c8nx0.jpg
    ===============

So, the next time i met 10M opponent who had dropped from Kyber to Carbonite, i should have close to 100% of winning against him.

=====

So, don't you worry, you've got this battle!

Started to play: Oct 30, 2022 --- Ally code: 628-998-777 --- My links: swgoh.gg | youtube | My SWGOH journey | NORDIC KINGDOM is recruiting
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Don't worry...

I (1.8M) was against 6M <<< 3 times higher, yours is only 2 times higher, and a PhD Astrophysicist said that i should have had 90% chance of winning against him, given that he had dropped so far from Aurodium to Carbonite.

=====

===Screenshot===
    83il3jg3tp4y.jpg
    ===============

Later, he confirmed that this "above 50%" was actually 90%. Given that the higher GP had dropped that far, from Aurodium to Carbinite (this is the important part)...that is to say, the lower a higher GP drops, the higher chance of you to win against him...

===Screenshot===
    0mx3sd4c8nx0.jpg
    ===============

So, the next time i met 10M opponent who had dropped from Kyber to Carbonite, i should have close to 100% of winning against him.

=====

If they play you will lose, if they don't (or do the single hit to qualify for rewards) you will win. So the probability would depend on what they are doing rather than you (assuming you clear a few teams). If they are passing through to even lower SR, they won't play. If they had hit a point they like floating at they will probably not play much of that season and will look to just even it with auto-ing stuff every now and then. Then there is the probability they had fallen quite low but for some reason they now decided to climb back to the best of their ability, they'll play and you'll lose. Well this will read like I'm making exact divisions, it's not ofc, just putting a frame on possibilities I can ponder.
  • Has anyone else noticed that this is just humble bragging. Like, “Woe is me! Im so good at GAC that I get matched up with people with nearly double my GP. What fortunes have befallen me to have climbed to such a high division. If only I wasn’t so good at GAC I would still be in a lower division being matched against similar sized accounts!”
    I would never stoop to such a thing.

In the meantime, have any forumers found a good car wax for a Porsche 911? The wax I use for my Lamborghini Urus just doesn’t look right on the rear spoiler.

What color is your bugatti
  • I also prefaced those comments with ‘if’. I don’t know what the probability is that a high GP account in a low division plays. It was part of a wider discussion about how having two outcomes to a ‘random’ event doesn’t necessarily mean the probability for each outcome is 50%

On the topic of accounts falling through the divisions it seems pretty clear this is the system we have at the moment and it isn’t likely to change soon. To those wanting GP brackets please remember how broken the old system was. Players would intentionally keep GP low until roster lock and then do massive unlocks during the first week which would give huge advantages during the remaining three weeks. It was way more open to abuse than the current system which has different flaws.

Could GP be considered when drawing up brackets? Probably. Is it? No. Would it actually make things better if it was? 🤷‍♂️
    Account started June 2020. 100% FTP. 8.2m GP. JMK, JML, SLKR, and SEE. Exe and Levi. Ally code 117-269-921. Swgoh.gg
  • Antario
    996 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Don't worry...

=====

===Screenshot===
    83il3jg3tp4y.jpg
    ===============

===Screenshot===
    0mx3sd4c8nx0.jpg
    ===============

=====

If they play you will lose, if they don't (or do the single hit to qualify for rewards) you will win. So the probability would depend on what they are doing rather than you (assuming you clear a few teams).

I think you nailed the legitimacy of this post. Beating the 50/50 ratio and climbing higher than you "should" and face opponent with higher GP than you is normal and totally a player's decision. But facing someone with higher GP because of him/her dropping is something you can't control at all. I don't think you can call this per design. I assume when CG designed the skill-point based system, they did not fully anticipate sucha extreme behaviour (someone joining GAC but most of time not playing). They should restraint those players from getting any rewards. Then probably the motivation to join GAC will also be gone.
  • I know it was a time saver for active players, but arguably the set defences make this issue worse. It means someone with low activity only needed to set their defences once when the system was introduced and they don’t have to do anything now except sign up for brackets and maybe do a first attack.

I like not having to set my defences every round, but it contributes to the problem.
  • I know it was a time saver for active players, but arguably the set defences make this issue worse. It means someone with low activity only needed to set their defences once when the system was introduced and they don’t have to do anything now except sign up for brackets and maybe do a first attack.

I like not having to set my defences every round, but it contributes to the problem.

If they win more they will go up the ladder more.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Antario wrote: »
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    Don't worry...

=====

===Screenshot===
    83il3jg3tp4y.jpg
    ===============

===Screenshot===
    0mx3sd4c8nx0.jpg
    ===============

=====

If they play you will lose, if they don't (or do the single hit to qualify for rewards) you will win. So the probability would depend on what they are doing rather than you (assuming you clear a few teams).

I think you nailed the legitimacy of this post. Beating the 50/50 ratio and climbing higher than you "should" and face opponent with higher GP than you is normal and totally a player's decision. But facing someone with higher GP because of him/her dropping is something you can't control at all. I don't think you can call this per design. I assume when CG designed the skill-point based system, they did not fully anticipate sucha extreme behaviour (someone joining GAC but most of time not playing). They should restraint those players from getting any rewards. Then probably the motivation to join GAC will also be gone.

I'm not sure. Something can be done about it. I wouldn't mind as long as it doesn't effect the general working of the system. I'm guessing even the sinkers depend on that passive crystal income. They have a right to get it too. Maybe some logic that stops matching pools above a certain gp difference would work (while also allowing them to exist in the same league).
  • There have been tons of good (and bad) ideas floated to help address the issue of inactive/low effort accounts ruining the experience for smaller but active accounts. CG hasn't said a word about GAC in quite some time. I think their silence should tell us all we need to know.
  • iMalevolence
    309 posts Member
    edited March 2023
    fc4svh4jb3cv.png

Imagine starting your first GAC at 80k GP to get matched up against someone at 10.2M.

/e tbf, looks like the 80k gp accounts in carb 5 are probably ticket bots and they should probably get banned as well. :smile:
  • Ticket bots?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Ticket bots?

Many guilds use it, it is to fill up daily guild 30k when some players are travelling to other guilds temporarily or spots are left open for any reason.
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Ticket bots?

Many guilds use it, it is to fill up daily guild 30k when some players are travelling to other guilds temporarily or spots are left open for any reason.

Sounds fair enough. Why should they be banned though @iMalevolence ?
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    i hope they just mean banned from gac

but even then, who cares
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH