Grand Arena Balancing?

Is there any plans of balancing grand arena? It is total crap that I get 10 point a round while the other players get 800+. It really makes it worth not doing. Why are we not paired up closer.

Replies

• There is no pairing up - except by you and the other players. It’s purely determined by how many points you have - which is determined by how many wins & losses ( with some seasonal adjustment to maintain divisional populations).

Why would you want CG to step in and regulate it? Is there any evidence to date that whatever matching system they imposed would be any good? I say keep it in the hands of the players. At least then you can influence where you are paired up
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Dropping on purpose just costs you rewards
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Why would you not want to go up against teams that are around your teams power?

A featherweight boxer doesn't fight a heavyweight because he would get massacred. An adult beating up on a child isn't fun.
  • Xvirus76 wrote: »
    Why would you not want to go up against teams that are around your teams power?

A featherweight boxer doesn't fight a heavyweight because he would get massacred. An adult beating up on a child isn't fun.

Except the consequences are entirely different in a fist fight. We’re talking about a glorified trading card game. In fact, if anything, the consequences of being matched against a bigger roster is that you get a chance to learn something- whereas the larger roster gets nothing except a sub optimal win (ie because they’re missing the higher rewards they should be getting). Running up against power sets and characters you don’t normally get to fight can in fact be fun, even when you lose, because it doesn’t hurt anything except your ego (& if that’s frail enough to worry about losing in a mobile game then it could do with a bit of conditioning).

• MarkieB
    3 posts Member
    edited April 2023
    TVF wrote: »
    Dropping on purpose just costs you rewards

Not always.

Kyber 5: Record 0-3 in one week: (180*7)+(200*3)=1860 + End of Season 1820 = 3680
    Aurodium 1: Record 1-2 in one week: (170*7)+(550)+(150*2)=2040 + End of Season 1590 = 3630
    Aurodium 2: Record 2-1 in one week: (160*7)+(510*2)+(150)=2290 + End of Season 1515 = 3805

How is the end of season reward factored in when you change divisons mid season?
    Also I'm sure players prefer easy wins because of the grindy/farming nature of this game